Atari's Greatest Hits -> ALL GAMES FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by strivemind, Jun 27, 2012.

1. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Most were 500 - 800 Kb, several were 5 - 7 Mb.

@patriot - 166 Mb.

2. Patriotsman12

Patriotsman12 Member

May 10, 2012
    Does it have Gamecenter support?

3. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Whoa, what's the occasion? This is just for one day or what?

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Celebrate Atari's 40th birthday with a free tour of all that Atari's Greatest Hits has to offer! All games will remain free-to-play UNTIL you remove or reinstall the game.

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Manual/Packaging/Promotional scans, one of the neater parts of this collection! (Including the QuestWorld comics!)

6. chess

chess Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2011
    I downloaded a bunch of stuff, but I ultimately deleted and reinstalled so I could just keep the 5-6 arcade games I wanted...and none of the 2600 stuff.

If memory serves, Asteroids, Centepede, Millipede, Super Breakout, Missile Command and Tempest were the ones I kept. Controls are less than ideal for most of these games, and in most cases, clones with better controls have already been released.

Still, cool freebie.

7. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Unless I'm missing something, this game lacks online multiplayer...a shame, since Warlords was my first taste of true "death match" style gameplay. Me, 3 family members, 3 paddle controllers...and WAR!

I would love to school some people old school style, ifyaknowwhatimsayin' ;)

Err, Star Wars Light Saber Duels might have been my FIRST death matchup; I can't quite recall which came first.

Now I just hope Colecovision (ha!) releases an app so I can get my Wizard of Wor on, the 2d OG coop/death match shooter!

8. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

I bought them for $9.99 (in EUR) before and hope (even after updating to the "new" app), I will still be able to remove them and re-install like before (restore IAPs).

But a great sale for all who didn't have them.

9. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    I had bought three separate packs of games in this before, theres a lot in here that didnt age so well but all in all is a great collection. Downloaded all games on both ipad and ipod!

P.S. It is kinda annoying thaving o download each one but its very fast so no real trouble.

10. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    #30 pka4916, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
    that's a lot of clicking, guess there is not a "download all" button

nvm got them all already...

Missing some oldies... Superman, Pitfall etc

11. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    Seriously? With such mediocre graphics compared to today's games they were that big?! Or is it due to increasingly better compression methods that we're now able to cram more into less space?

12. Not that I see.... So it is a lot of work to try all the games which I am doing now. I think today is the only day one can download the game roms, so you had better do it today if possible.

13. Good I'm glad you posted, that is what I wanted to know whether we could reinstall the game today only and still redownload the games. It works, also, I tested it on my iphone.

So recommend downloading everything, playing, and deleting and redownloading the games you want. The full download is about 166, and I want mine to get below 80 mb or so. Because there is no way to delete roms.

This will be a fun task tonight, most of the 2600 games aren't worth it, but breakout works like a charm!

14. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Awesome! Some true classics here.

Shame my fave ever 2600 game isnt on the list but still there's some good ones.

2600 Adventure is still as much fun as ever! :D

15. #35 Connector, Jun 28, 2012
    Well, spent around 2 hours downloading all the games, playing, then deleting and reinstalling.

All of the arcade titles are good. The 2600 games, most are not worth downloading due to disk space. In fact I was surprised how many of the 2600 titles were bigger than the arcade titles.

Well, I made list of the 2600 games that made my list:

Adventure
    Asteroids
    Battlezone
    Breakout
    Fatal run
    Maze craze
    Millipede
    Missile command
    Night rider
    Pong sports
    Realsports tennis
    Realsports volleyball
    Street racer
    Super breakout
    Tempest
    Video pinball
    Warlords
    Yar's revenge

Hopefully this will help some of you that don't want to spend all that time to download each individual game, I would recommend downloading all the arcade titles and the above 2600 roms. Total size exactly 100 mb.

The music in the main menu really got into my head, makes me want to go to a nightclub and go dancing!

16. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    #36 CygnetSeven, Jun 28, 2012
    Having the music on does make it seem faster.

Edit: Question, we can never update, right? Someone told me they always have to redownload after each update.

17. brianh1970

brianh1970 Member

May 8, 2012
    This is my childhood so I downloaded everything I could regardless of how it plays on the phone. This is fantastic. The only issue I'm having is with games like Outlaw and Combat. My computer opponent mimics every move I make. If I move up, it moves up. If I fire at an angle it fires at an angel at the same time I do. I don't remember the cartridges doing that....or did they?

Regardless this has to be one of the greatest freebies ever. Even looking at the old manuals is a blast.

18. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Eager to find out if all of the IAPs have to be done today or not. I really can't be bothered doing it all right now.

19. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    From Appadvice: It was on this day, June 27, in 1972 that Atari was born. Since then, the company has produced numerous games that would end up in the video gaming history books, if such a thing existed. Now, 40 years later, the company is letting fans experience all of the excitement once again by offering a very limited time promotion through their Greatest Hits app for iOS.

Celebrate Atari’s 40th birthday with a free tour of all that Atari’s Greatest Hits has to offer!
    Released earlier today, Atari’s Greatest Hits v1.5.2 has a special little secret. This “Atari 40th Anniversary Update” unlocks all 100 of the included games for you to download and play to your heart’s desire, or until you pass out from lack of sleep.

Anyway, it’s a spectacular promotion, but it does have some stipulations. For one, you must download the update and games today, June 27, to get them at no cost. Second, you can’t delete the game. Well, you can, however, you will lose the free access if you do.

All games will remain free-to-play UNTIL you remove or reinstall the game.
    So, get to it already! Atari’s Greatest Hits is a universal app compatible with iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch running iOS 3.0 or later, and available in the App Store as a free download.

20. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Looks like I've got some work to do :p