AstroGate - Retro Arcade Action!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Dave_C, Aug 17, 2012.

1. #1 Dave_C, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
    AstroGate

Hello Touch Arcade!

AstroGate will be my very first release for iOS. AstroGate is an action-arcade style game where you must carefully steer your ship through increasingly dangerous worlds filled with hazards that will reduce your ship to ashes! The game has the aesthetics of an 8-bit era video game (the golden age!) along with the challenge! If you're a fan of chunky pixels and chiptune music you might like this!

Features:

• Retro Video Game Look and Feel
    • Over 30 Levels of arcade action!
    • Auto-Save/Load for quick pick up and play
    • Game Center Leader Boards
    • Universal app for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch

I plan on submitting the finished product to Apple for review this Sunday, so if all goes well I'll have a release date set shortly, in the meantime please check out the trailer and some screenshots, thanks in advance for any feedback ^_^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Looks great ! Love retro style graphics, this looks really good. Plus i like the controls, no weird tilt stuff ;)

Its like an updated Thrust ! Instant purchase for me !

3. tonydeli7

tonydeli7 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Freelance Computer Engineer
    Greece
    Looks great!

4. DistantJ

DistantJ Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Can't wait to play it, Dave C, keep us informed!

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Amazing! Reminds me of one of my all-time favorite games 'Wings' on the PC. :D It's a cave-flyer like this tho there you battle in multiplayer. Anyway, think this shall be an instabuy :D

6. Thanks muchly guys! I'm just putting the finishing touches on everything now.. testing awayyyyy.

psj3809 - lol this game was originally tilt/accelerometer based but I just didn't like it.. the buttons made it much more fun and I could create more challenging levels with buttons rather than tilt controls.

7. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Looks great, and I'm loving everything I'm seeing. Looking forward to checking this out ASAP! :)