Universal Astro Attack - Retro Arcade Shooting mashed with everything Video Game.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Mr_Snuffle, Aug 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cool :) It would be good to know how they go with it. My playtesting on young kids hasn't gone that well in the past, the difficulty ramps up a bit too quickly for them.

If you have any issues getting the android version, let me know!

2. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Haha. It's not in the Google App Store, go figure. So how do I go about getting it on my tablet?

3. I'll need to add you to the test group. If you go enter your google email address here (http://bit.ly/shootyspacebeta) I can add you now :)

4. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Done. Thanks.

5. Cool - just fired the last android update email that has the links you need to get access to it :)

6. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Thanks. One question. How many missions are there. I want to see if I get them all.

7. I've got about 10 different missions in there at the moment. There are daily missions and weekly missions that you get at random.

I'll be adding a lot more :)

8. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I had some ideas about the missions. You could balance the generosity of the rewards by increasing the goal number for the missions. You could also make a less frequently occurring version of the missions that have to be completed in one run.

9. Definitely need to give that mission balance some love! You'll see with the android version I've lowered the reward amount to see how that feels.

I do have the option to have a mission that needs to be completed in a single session :) So I can add more of those, for sure! I've built a pretty flexible system so I should be able to make lots of different things to aim for.

Right - need to go to my day job! Thanks for all the feedback so far :D

10. Hey everyone - just a quick update so you know I haven't fallen completely off the radar. I'm on holiday in Indonesia at the moment, so that's put a bit of a hold on updates :p I am planning on working on the next set of ships soon, so make sure you post your suggestions!

11. The project isn't dead! I just had a holiday, got sick, then had an exhausting few weeks of my day job. Good news? I'm back on Astro!

I'm trying something new this year, I'm going to start streaming some of my development live.

This is my stream from last night :)

I'm going to be streaming at twitch.com/timejockey, but I'll also post them to the forums when I'm done.

12. Good news! Not only do I have some fancier UI on the way, also - NEW SHIPS! I LiveCoded my progress today, so feel free to check out the video. Warning - it's really long :p You might want to skip through most of it!

13. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Awesome! I can't wait to test them out! I like watching the live coding. It's pretty interesting. We don't get to see that aspect of gaming.

Billy

14. Thanks :) Glad you find them interesting. It's been fun streaming them. I end up with a pretty sore throat though :p

15. Beta update 0.0.21 is out!

[​IMG]

New update is available able today for everyone on the beta list :D I'm really keen to hear what you think.

16. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Just started playing. So far the only issue I've found is I selected dark backgrounds only and got the bright green one.

I will test more and report back tomorrow. I have to start unlocking ships and all that to see how it goes.

Billy

17. Ah, the dark backgrounds actually adds black into the colour, not filter them out. It could be that I'm just not putting enough black in, or the base colour is too bright. Let me know the ship and I can tweak it :)

18. #98 Mr_Snuffle, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    Beta update released!

Hey everyone, just a heads up that the beta has been updated with a whole lot of new ships!

iOS is available now, and Android will be up as soon as the google play store finishes processing it :D

[​IMG]

Let me know what you think. One thing I've already noticed in this build is the missions and coins feel too grindy, so let me know if you agree with me.

Changes in this build:
    - Different colours for the ship share image backgrounds and added a URL
    - Performance optimisations
    - Improved the layout of the mission slot
    - Fixed fonts on high resolution devices
    - Got rid of the boring white screen on load
    - A total of NINE new ships to unlock! Could say it's a... shipload!
    - Added a pause button, and improved the pause behaviour when the game is backgrounded
    - Added unlock sounds!
    - Various bug fixes

19. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #99 LordShad0wz, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    I'll have time tomorrow to dedicate a few hours to really run the game hard and let you know.

I was unable to share the viper to Twitter. The string is too long.

I see that already.

And hell yea I just got the Galaxic. I promise you the day of release I purchasing it. Lol. That's my new favorite. It's awesome!

Billy

20. Thanks for spotting that bug on the viper! I'll have that fixed in the next build :D