Universal Astro Attack (By Blocky Pixel)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Thanks :) I'm really excited to get started on 1.2!

With the soundtrack, nothing on that yet, sorry. It is something I really want to do, but only when I have the time to make it awesome. For the time being, I'm still working on this on my weekends, so I'm needing to be really picky about what I work on, and getting good music will take a lot of time at the cost of other features and updates.

But don't worry! I know it's important, and I really want to find the time to do it right!

2. Smurgendorf

Smurgendorf Active Member

Nov 29, 2012
    California
    I would like to play as the invaders and fight against unlocked player ships lol

3. uti4

uti4 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Male
    Localization & ASO
    unbelievable score in Game Center

I've occasionally pressed on the Game Center button in the game and the 1st place score was quite astonishing - about 2 million points, whereas the 2nd place is only 4,804. How's that possible???))) Cheaters here?)))

Also, when I'm in the game center the shooting sound keeps coming. Is this normal?

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    There's no way 2 million is real. The dev has to clear that out.

And yes even when in ads you will hear the background shots. It's normal.

I can't wait for you all to get your hands on this update. The coin doubler is effing fantastic and the new ships are awesome.

Billy

5. Hey! Just went and removed that score, it should refresh in a few hours. Sorry about that, just need to keep an eye on it to make sure the leaderboard is clean of hackers.

Still a couple of weeks away from 1.1 being released, but expect some 1.2 beta testing soon. I've been working on the secret system, and it'll need some feedback ;)

6. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Cool can't wait

7. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I just hit a milestone.

I have 10,002 coins and all ships. Lol

I'm out of ads. Lol phew.

Billy

8. Hah! Nice work :D We'll have some more ships soon

Here is a little teaser for the work Michael has been doing for update 1.2 ;)

[​IMG]

I'm _very_ close to getting a new build out to test the localization and secret system. I'm just waiting on the Test Flight approval. Should be in the next day or so, I'll let everyone know when it's available!

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    GTFO of here are you serious?

This is incredible. Voltron likeness! Hell yeah! Tell Michael hell yeah!

Billy

10. Oh yes. We are deadly serious :D

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Will the background change to enemy likeness from the show as well?

:crosses fingers:

This game just gets more effing amazing!

Billy

12. It will be a full theme :) Working on some new background stuff, along with new enemies/bullets/other stuff

13. New beta build (1.2.0) is up!

In this build, I’m keen for feedback on how the unlocks work, and how you’re notified about the unlocks.

Did you find any of the secrets (the test hints should be pretty obvious)?
    Did you find the secrets interesting to unlock?
    How did you feel about the process of unlocking secrets?
    Did you try any other languages?

Changes:
    -Added the ability to unlock secret ships
    -Added three ways to unlock new ships
    -Added some placeholder ships to unlock (seriously, they’re placeholder. They’ll be replaced with much more awesome ships soon!)
    -Added some very rough and poorly translated localisation
    -Fixed a bug with disabled ships being counted in the shop
    -Sped up the scrolling speed in the shop because it’s too damn slow

14. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I unlocked 2 of the 3 secrets. I went and played the Coinship and killed myself and instantly after crashing the ship the game crashed to the desktop with no error message. It just flat out crashed.

Billy

15. #135 Mr_Snuffle, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
    Ohh, that's a good one. Can you get it to crash again?

I just noticed this error in the analytics - it's the only crash error I've received so far, so this might be the problem! The game crashes when it was trying to take the game over screenshot - do you have any free space on your phone?

"IOException: Disk full."

16. MichaelThompson

Feb 23, 2016
    3D Artist
    brisbane
    Haha I am glad you like them! Ill post some 2nd pass photos in the next day or two for some feedback!

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I have 4 gigs available. I'm definitely not out of memory. As a matter of fact I even just did an update. I'm now on Apple 9.3.2

Billy

18. Hmmm, ok. I'll have a dig into it.

If you can find a way to reproduce the problem, that would be awesome. That's 90% of the battle when it comes to bug fixing.

I'm pretty sure that error has something to do with your crash, because it happened after you played a game, which is when it takes a screenshot. Maybe something is happening and I'm running out of the maximum allocated room for the game? I'll do some investigation :)

19. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I tried to share the new secret ships to Twitter. Nothing happened.

There's was a giant question mark. Then I went to the coin ship.

Billy

20. #140 Mr_Snuffle, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
    Ah yeah, all of those ships are placeholder, so I didn't generate any share images for them. When the share image is missing, there will just be a question mark.

Did it automatically change back to the coin ship? Or did you select it yourself?