Universal Astro Attack (By Blocky Pixel)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 14, 2016.

1. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Show off. #

2. rich1574

rich1574 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2015
    One thing I would say is that the battery drain seems very high. Playing on a 6S+ and the battery drops at an alarming rate...

3. anarei

anarei Active Member

Sep 15, 2014
    James, could you please add an option to disable the screen shake? It gives me a headache :( Thanks!

4. Turn it off?! Don't you mean turn it up?! :p

I'm not sure I'll have time for the next update, but I'll add it to my trello list :) I've done the same with battery usage.

5. anarei

anarei Active Member

Sep 15, 2014
    Awesome, thanks so much (for both)! Thanks for making such a fun and entertaining game, I am looking forward to playing for more than a few minutes at a time. Look out, leaderboards, here we come! :)

6. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Screen shake rocks!!!!!

7. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Posted a new high score of 548. Oh yeah!

8. Fedorov

Fedorov Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    728 - quite pleased with that. Love this game. 5-stars!

9. All these scores are much better than my ~500 :p

10. kokorun

kokorun New Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Hellow Everrybody

Hellow Everrybody

11. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Argh! Almost had your score.

Attached Files:

12. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Been playing this for a while now but I've been busy and not been able to get on these forums for the last 4 weeks!

My high score so far is 545.

Must say I really love this game and I'm a sucker for shoots. Great job on this game and I look forward to a possible update

13. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I still have not had the ads return. It's been 5 days. I feel so guilty I bought another ship lol. It was one I actually never unlocked during the beta. I actually really like it. The DOC ship.

You know what this game is missing too? I was thinking about it while playing.

Secrets.

Down the road you should add secret unlockable ships. People love that kind of stuff. If you add say 10 secret ships you make a few easy, a few medium, and then the rest hard to figure out. It would keep people playing as well.

Billy

I'm at 25 ships unlocked even without ads.

14. Oh, I'm planning to do secrets ;) They're not there yet... or are they? (Wait no, they're not, but I have it on my roadmap for 1.2!)

Sorry to hear about the ads! I'm actually just about to push out a test flight build, with ad mediation, so that should fix the problem!

15. A few test flight build 1.1.0 is available!

New Features:
    - Coin doubler! DOUBLE ALL THE THINGS! (Final ship model is still in development)
    - Ship previews! No more needing to buy the ships like a sucker! Take em out for a test flight!
    - Screenshot preview animation
    - Better video ad support with SuperSonic

Final build will have new ships too, but this is mostly to test out the new features for 1.1, including the much-requested coin doubler. As a bonus, if you test this version and test the purchase of the doubler (it's free), you'll keep it for when the final update goes live :)

For those who are new to how this works, I aim for releasing a beta update every 2 or 3 weeks (sometimes 1 week, but not as often). Astro Attack is a living game, and will grow over time. Your input will make a huge difference, and I listen to everything!

Things I'd love feedback on this version
    - Does the doubler feel like good value? Is it too expensive?
    - Were you more likely to share game over screenshots?
    - Did you test out any of the locked ships?
    - Did you test out purchasing a preview ship?
    - Did you feel like you were getting offered preview ships too often? Not enough? Just right?
    - Did you have any issues watching the ads?

If you want to sign up for the beta. you can here http://bit.ly/astroattackbeta

Next update I'll make sure to add you to the list!

16. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    I've played for about 30-40 minutes (about 10-12 games) and got to preview 2 ships. Feels about right!

Didn't get any screenshot previews though. Should they just pop up when you die?

I think the coin doubler is a great value, plus you get a nice ship :D (I was a bit surprised.. "What?! Can I select the coin doubler?? Is it a bug? *taps* Hey, nice!!")

I didn't try purchasing any of the preview ships, or watching any ads. Will do next time and report back.

Glad to hear the game is doing well! All the best!

17. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Great, now when I miss a coin I'm missing two coins. Thanks a lot, James.

But seriously, "Bought" the coin doubler, played for about 30 minutes continuously and got about 1000 coins. That's taking advantage of ads to keep missions going and for coins. Also, the coin is a ship! That's hilarious.

Only got one test flight during that time. I'm not sure how they're scheduled so can't say if that's good or bad. You did something right that another game failed at. When you're playing on random ships and you get a chance to try out a new pilot, er.. ship you return to random when it's over. Not stuck on the last ship you were using prior to the test flight. Bravo!

Keep it coming gang. Can't wait for the surprises!

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I got the beta.

I need to say it. Eff Yeah!

This is EXACTLY what this game needed. Also my ads are back now that you chose a different company. My unity ads never came back.

I love that the coin doubler doubles everything. It's absolutely worth the money. You also get the previews.

Really really awesome.

Billy

19. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Oh,

And to add, I am still demanding a "Last Starfighter" ship and theme.

I demand it. I want to slaughter the likenesses of the Kodan armada. If you haven't seen the movie I'll buy it on iTunes for you or send you the tape!

I demand! Get Mike and the rest of the designers on this!

Billy

20. Hah, glad you like the doubler :)

We've got a few different ideas for the doubler ship, just trying them out now. One of them is based off the coin, so maybe it'll still make it in there :p See how we go!