Universal Astro Attack (By Blocky Pixel)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Go for it! I figure it's your game anyway! ;)

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    My worst nightmare has come true.

I'm out of ads. Lol

Son of a b*****!

I've unlocked more than half the fighters. I've cheated though I paid for 5 of them.

Since my Gamecenter is broken as is many others let's start posting some scores people. I've been concentrating on coins but last night I did get to 487

I'm going to really try to break 1000 today.

Billy

3. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I believe that my high is around 570. I'm shooting for 1000 as well!

4. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Everyone needs to leave a review on the AppStore. Maybe Apple will actually notice the game and feature it. I just looked and every rating is 5 stars. All of them.

I told you James that this game was going to be a hit!

So James what's your honest high score? And no the beta scores don't count.

Billy

5. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    My high is 476. Got it the day the game released, beating my beta high score of 3 hundred something. Not currently shooting for any scores. Just taking it one game at a time. #

6. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    My best is 619. That was the same game as the last picture with all 4 power-ups at once.

Attached Files:

7. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Really weird but it seems my app store reviews don't ever seem to show up. Another thing, one of the worst things about the app store reviews is how they don't start with the most recent reviews but with the first ones posted. Dumbest thing ever.

8. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Yeah, the AppStore reviews are pretty much useless from a consumer stand point. I usually only read the bad reviews to get a sense of what problems people are having. If the complaints are things that sound like device issues or user errors then I'll discount them and get it anyway If it's something I'm interested in.

9. I think my top score is around the ~600 mark. I was trying to get a new one this morning, but I was struggling to get over 300! I probably need more sleep ;)

It's really great to see so many people enjoying the game, and I really appreciate the reviews :) They make a huge difference in discoverability. Thanks for your support, everyone, I really appreciate it. I just want to keep making more Astro :D

10. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    My reviews take atleast 24 hours to show up and sometimes if they are too long they are erased.

Billy

11. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    #72 sobriquet, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    Do you get some kind of notifications or do you monitor this yourself? Just asking because I would like to get a notification when my reviews post. Amazon sends me an email but that's probably because they review every review.

Edit: wanted to add that you can see a list of apps you have reviewed in your account somewhere. That should help determine if your review is posted. If anyone cares.

12. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    No. I usually go check. My first review for this game disappeared. It was too long I guess so I had to type out another one. But it's usually the following morning that any review I post will appear.

Billy

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    No. I usually go check. My first review for this game disappeared. It was too long I guess so I had to type out another one. But it's usually the following morning that any review I post will appear.

I wish the AppStore would evolve and have better review processes. Also the devs need to be allowed to respond to reviews. I don't think it's fair when sometimes a few idiots can sink someone's hard work and destroy all they tried to do without the dev even being able to respond. It's just not right.

Billy

14. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #75 LordShad0wz, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    James how long does it take for the ads to regenerate? I still have no ads. I'm dying here. Hehe

Btw for everyone else, if you haven't unlocked it yet, wait until you unlock Proto Astro. That ship and theme is the original first version of the game. It's actually pretty cool to see how this amazing game was born from something so simple. I just unlocked it. I actually never unlocked it during the beta but I did get to play the original when I was sent it in an email. It's just really cool.

Billy

James I still unlocked 2 more ships without the ads and missions. Check Twitter. So suck on that. Hehe

15. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I would like to start a thread challenge for most difficult combination of missions. I'll open with this.

Attached Files:

16. Proto Astro was my first test with the theme system :) The game has come a long way!

If anyone is interested in checking out a super early build of the game, there is a web version here

Beat Invaders Prototype

There is a bit of a cooldown on the next ad video, so you'll need to come back in about 10 minutes ;) I've noticed my ad fill rate is just under 100%, so you might be one of the unlucky few :p Next update I'll be getting in ad mediation (I normally don't talk about that stuff because I'm not sure many people care), so that should improve the availability.

Oh, and nice job on the unlock! Got a bunch of cool ships!

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    It's been 12 hours and I still have no ads. Just letting you know. Absolutely nothing. Everything is greyed out.

Also I might be bugged. Since release I've had that collide 3000 enemies mission at the bottom. It keeps saying it will expire but it hasn't. I'm up to 956. But it's been days and it won't go away. 3000 is just insanely high to begin with.

What do you think?

Billy

18. Hmm, it might be a bug. Did you have a screenshot? It sounds like 3000 for that objective is way too high, and I should lower it, maybe knock it down to 1000. I've made a note in my bug list.

I'm not sure what's going on with the ads. It might be it will only serve so many ads to a specific user. Unfortunately I don't have control over that :/ I can get in that ad mediation though, which should solve the problem!

I'll still be pushing out test flight builds, so I should be getting a test build next week for you to try!

19. rich1574

rich1574 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Nice little game! 691 is my highest so far :)