Universal Astro Attack (By Blocky Pixel)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 14, 2016.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Oh my god I'm dying here.

Hurry up! Lol

Billy

2. I just submitted 1.3 beta to Test Flight, normally takes a couple of days to be approved.

I'll let everyone know when it's available :)

3. Beta update 1.3.1 is live!

Here are the patch notes :D

4. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Already posting to Twitter. This is effing insane.

Billy

5. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Ok in first person mode. You need to either add a sensitivity slider or increase the sensitivity. I'm having to swipe multiple times to get back and forth. It's not a smooth motion. The sensitivity is too low.

Billy

6. Yep, I'll definitely be looking at changing those controls. Right now they're using the exact same controls at the classic mode, which doesn't work as well in FPS mode.

7. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #267 LordShad0wz, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    James this is more than I could have imagined. You took this game in a direction I never could have guessed. It's friggin amazing. Seriously.

Can you PM me the secret. I can't figure out that secret. I tried the old god mode command but no go. I won't give it out. I want to see the final ship.

By the way I think you got the Astro puff machine down right. It took about 7000 coins to get all of the ships.

You need to get the FPS controls worked out and get this out there with as much buzz as possible as soon as possible. This is incredible.

Touch Arcade needs to do a story on this. I'm not kidding. I'm going to message Eli.

Oh and Michael, amazing artwork brother. Really amazing artwork! Can you please work on the Kodan armada ships for the last Starfighter to complete that for me?

Billy

8. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    To everyone else,

All I can say is you are going to love this update. It truely is in 3D first person mode. You pull up a console like the old Days and enter the cheat code and the entire game changes to first person mode.

It's incredible. To switch it back you just renter the code.

The ships, backgrounds, enemies, and each ships attacks and special attacks are true to form and the artwork is amazing.

Also I'm starting to get Gamecenter achievements! So they've been added!

Billy

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Here's an example of what the game looks like in First person mode.

Billy

Attached Files:

10. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #270 LordShad0wz, Jul 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    Is it possible to resize the Chainis ship and make its overall size slightly smaller? If you compare it to all of the other doom ships it's really oversized and when playing I find it puts me at a disadvantage when trying to get a decent score.

Also I absolutely love how the AstroGuy Fires FISTS lol. I was cracking up when I saw that! The only thing is can you give him an actual skin color instead of orange? What's that about?

Absolutely phenomenal update. People are going to love this.

I'm sorry to keep posting. I'm just really excited and taken aback as to how amazing and game changing this update is.

Billy

11. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    speaking of control sensitivity, I wouldn't mind being able to adjust the sensitivity of the normal game up a bit. I find it frustrating controlling the ship near the edges of the screen and would like more of a relative control setting where the ship moved a little more than your finger does...

12. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Here's another picture in FPS mode using the BFG!

Billy

Attached Files:

13. Smurgendorf

Smurgendorf Active Member

Nov 29, 2012
    California
    I think it would be awesome if you added a Touhou styled character who, when picked, makes the enemies shoot 4 times as often so simulate the bullet hell game the character comes from :3

14. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #274 LordShad0wz, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    So after many, many, many hours of testing I have yet to find a single bug. I've played all of the new doom ships extensively and by far my favorite is the B.F.S. 9k. This ships design is fantastic. The attack is true to its form. My favorite enemy from the series is the boss. I really love the artwork on the boss. I posted a pic to Twitter yesterday so people could see the amazing detailing with it. Michael and the art team ha done a really amazing job.

The only criticism I have is the Chainis is way too big compared to all of the other doom ships and needs resizing. It really is. I consistently get lower scores with this ship because it's attack is very slim while the ship itself is massive and wide.

Another criticism is the Astro guy ha orange skin. I forgot about that. Give him real skin please in the helmet and some real fists. Hehe

I tested every ship in the game just to make sure no bugs arose in anything else.

I tested the missions. I can't even tell you how many ads I watched doing missions lol. As a request you need to add more in. It's getting old doing the same ones.

I tried everything I could to crash the game. It never crashed.

Edit- oh I forgot something else. With the fire skull enemies. How hard would it be to have the flames actually act like flames?

Billy

15. Chanis is too big!?! You're probably right ;) I'll knock that down a bit.

I've passed on the feedback to Michael too! Not sure if he'll get time with the other new ships that need to go in, but I've let him know :) We'll be submitting in a few weeks, so we're full steam on this next update!

I definitely want to get in some more missions, maybe not this update, but they are getting a big old now. Could be a good thing to add in 1.4!

16. I'll be looking at controls today, so I'll have a play with that one

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Other new ships?

You have my attention sir. Where are you Michael with those sneak peek pics?

That's pretty cool that you guys aren't letting up. You've got such an amazing assortment and selection and the thing is it's not just ships you are adding. It's new backgrounds and enemies and attacks too. That's what I love so much. I think the best thing you added was a preview ability so people could see the different stuff.

So are we getting more doom ships or some other stand alones?

Billy

18. It's a new theme :) So new enemies, too. It's roughly in line with games from the same era as Doom. We'll have another beta build out early next week!

19. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Interesting. What you should do is descent. Hehe

Of course there was only one ship but there was lots of enemies and it was massively popular. I used to play online. Man that was so long ago. I remember I had a msdos PC 486 dx2 100

Billy

20. Hey everyone! I just submitted a new build for test flight, so I'll let everyone know when it's available :D

And Descent was great, even if it did make everyone feel sick :p