Universal Astro Attack (By Blocky Pixel)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 14, 2016.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #221 LordShad0wz, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    They re-did Astron's pose and it's sooooo much better. It really looks like He's flying through space! It's now on my list of must have ships. You can't beat playing a childhood cartoon hero with its own theme. I love it. I liked the original sword attack though. I thought that was unique since in the show it would make a giant sword.

And I can't even say how awesome the last fighter is. It came out way better than I thought it ever would. I post shots of it to Twitter all the time lol.

I can't wait for everyone to get v1.2 and get all of this awesome stuff!

Billy

2. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Ok. That sounds awesome. Yea when you get the big power up the bullets are bigger than the ships lol

Billy

3. Hey everyone!

I've just made a couple of tweaks to some of the bullets.

I've resized the space cowboy bullets, bringing them closer to the other bullets

http://imgur.com/a/MhVgF

The first two images are the old bullets, and the second to are the resized bullets.

4. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    That's much better! Thank you my brother from another mother! When are you leaving for Italy? I will be sad with no more updates but happy for you.

Billy

5. MichaelThompson

Feb 23, 2016
    3D Artist
    brisbane
    Boo!

Dont stress! While James is away, I will still be posting screens of some of the new ships I'll be working on for the next update! No hints, but its got a "genre defining 90s fps" influence with it! You'll love it

6. No problems man! Thanks for all the help with the latest update :D I'm leaving on Sunday, so been crunching pretty hard to get this done before I leave.

I've just pushed out the submit build to Test Flight, so that's the version that will be released.

If there are any completely game breaking bugs, let me know! :p

Changes in this version:
    - Resized the Space Cowboy bullet to make it more in line with the other bullets
    - Widened the bullet on the Sparrow
    - Increased the frequency of the review request
    - Made sure the cow can breath in space
    - Fixed some broken hashtags in localised share messages
    - Fixed the broken share button on the secret unlock screen
    - Fixed broken localisation of review request and "Random"

Things that are still broken:
    - Hopefully nothing!

Things to test:
    - Just general stability, making sure it runs as expected!
    - If you haven't already, did the game ask you to leave a review?
    - Can you unlock any of the secret ships? I might give more hints after release if some of them are too hard ;)
    - If your device is set to a language other than English, does it default to that language on first launch?

7. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #227 LordShad0wz, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    I still haven't figured out the swap cartridge or Rrod secrets and I've spent hours trying. I got the others. I've completely given up. I spent hours over days trying everything I could think of.

I posted the new updated dog model and sparrow to Twitter. I love them.

Nice job changing the bullets. Thank you very much.

How often is it supposed to ask for a review because I wasn't asked. Unless it keeps the memory from previous releases when I did review the game that's why.

No issues or crashes.

I say hit that release button! It's ready! People need all of this amazing content!

I have to say I really do love the entire Astron Line and Astron himself is so badass. It's on my must have list now. I've been playing it a lot along with my last fighter and the Galaxic.

Billy

8. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Oh now that's not right. You know I get excited over this stuff and you leave me hanging? I can't wait!

Billy

9. Hah :D Glad you like it! The wait for this one is going to be just a little longer than normal, because I won't be here to help manage the release :p We also have a bit of lead time to get marketing and stuff in order. Don't worry though, because once I'm back it won't take long to get an update with some of the new ships and features :)

Don't worry about the review, it'll stop asking once you've done it. It should show up about every ~10 games or so, I try not to be too naggy about it.

In 1.3, I'll finally get in some Game Center achievements :D

10. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Gamecenter Achievements will be great! There's so much you can do with this. I'm looking forward to it.

Billy

11. Hey everyone! I'm heading off to Italy tomorrow, so I'll be a little light on the updates for the next few weeks.

Once I get back, it won't take long for more beta updates :D

12. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Have a great time. I'll keep Astron busy defending the universe!

Billy

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Do you think after 1.2 is released that you guys could make some Kodan armada enemies for the last fighter? The background and weapon fire is perfect. If you could make some Kodan armada likeness enemies it would be perfect. I don't know what's entailed in doing that but the Last fighter is simply the best work in the game besides Astron and Galaxic. I'd love to fight some Kodan fighters !

Billy

14. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #234 LordShad0wz, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    I was all smiles today. I was watching a YouTube video and an ad started up for Netflix. They've brought back Astron and have the first season up for viewing. I had to go watch.

Astron, defender of the universe!

How is everyone liking the update? How do you guys like the Coinship Astroprize? I want them to make a full theme with Enemies like romulators and Klingonites. Hehe

I really can't wait for you guys to get update 1.2. You will love Astron and the last Starfighter.

Billy

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Hehe James is supposed to be on vacation but he keeps liking my Twitter game picture posts. He can't stay away.

Billy

16. MichaelThompson

Feb 23, 2016
    3D Artist
    brisbane
    Ahoy Hoy! New SHIPs! (rough versions anyway ;)

Hey hey guys!

So I thought I'd show some roughs of some of the new ships I have been working on for the next theme! Lets see if you can guess what it is ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are just rough concepts, but i'll start cleaning them up and getting them playtestable in game soon hopefully!

Michael

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I love the designs! I'll be honest I don't know the theme. It might be something I haven't seen before. That new Astro attack logo looks effing kick ass. Seriously. I really love your artwork.

Billy

18. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Ooh nice! Love the dual machine guns!

Pretty sure it's inspired on DOOM :cool:

19. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Oh SHIT your right. I totally didn't see that hahahahahaa that's fantastic! YES!

I totally didn't get the logo design. Now I see it lol

Man I can't wait!

Billy

20. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    James needs to come back from vacation right now. I need to play the Doom ships.

Hehe

Billy