Universal Astro Attack (By Blocky Pixel)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 14, 2016.

1. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Unbelievably wicked!!!!!!!!

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Still no luck on the other secrets besides the Astron one.

Is there any other testers out there? Has any other testers figured the others out?

I've tried everything. I've spent hours.

Billy

3. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Hell yeah! We are going to get to play the last Starfighter. It's so bad ass! I can't wait. Some Kodan Armada is going down! I'm so excited for this.

Billy

4. Hope you like it :)

Was thinking of calling it the Last Fighter? What do you think?

We don't have the time for a full theme with custom invaders for it at the moment, but I can use any of the existing themes - which invaders would you like to match with it? And which ship bullet? I'll get it into the next build :)

5. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #185 LordShad0wz, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
    Well it used red lasers so maybe the red attacks from the black voltron tiger and actually I really really like the voltron theme enemies they would do for the Kodan so how about those enemy sets and then the black space/stars background. It would really pop.

How's that? Sounds like a good mash up. The name is great too. I like it!

Billy

6. uti4

uti4 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Male
    Localization & ASO
    Wow! What a huge update you've got here!

As for the languages, do you have Russian in the update? I might check it as a native speaker.:D

7. So Red attack from Black Voltron, Voltron Enemies and black + star background? I can do that :)

8. Yep! Russian is in there. It's all google translated at the moment, so it's probably pretty bad :p I'm locking down the translation this weekend and getting it professionally done, so it should be better in a couple of weeks.

Quick question - did it default to Russian for you? Is your device set to Russian? It should default to the language of the device

9. Update 1.1 is out tomorrow - it feels a bit funny. I have so many new things in 1.2 I want to push out! But that'll have to wait for another 6 weeks for when I'm back from holiday :p

10. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I say you just cancel the trip. We need 1.2.

Hehe

Billy

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Awesome! It's going to be fun! For some reason I like the clean cut black background sometimes. Like the one with the Dragicorn. It definitely brings out the colors. Thank you my friend.

Billy

12. MrGreed

MrGreed Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Would you say you made this game more based on skill than luck compared to Shooty Skies?

I feel like your skill goes further here

Also does anyone know any other shmups like this to recommend for me

I have been out of the iOS games for a few years just got into Crossy Road, Disney Crossy Road, Looty Dungeon, Pacman 256 that's what ive been playing alot the past few months

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #193 LordShad0wz, May 25, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
    This game doesn't even compare to shooty skies. I actually am an avid player of shooty skies myself and am a fan of that game. Just to give you some background from what I understand both games were in development at the sametime. This games original name was shooty space. The name was changed to Astro Attack so there would be no chance of similarity and actually I prefer Astro Attack. I think it was an awesome change.

This game isn't about luck. It's about skill. Especially as the game goes on. The power ups are completely random. You can't use coins to buy a power up for 2 hours. You start every game the same way. The enemy patterns change. The enemies get faster and faster and then throw bosses at you.

In my opinion this game is a much better experience with a better range of ship types. Where else can you fly Galaga or voltron or a dream cast with Nintendo 3ds as the enemy lol.

As to other Shoot'em ups there's many that I'm a fan of. Another current favorite is a game called thumb space. You should try that one for sure. I'll make a list later or tomorrow and send it to you. Some of them do cost money though.

But at the moment this one has become my all time favorite. Wait until you get this update I'm testing. There's a coin doubler where you get the Coinship Astroprize and all sorts of stuff. It's epic!

Billy

14. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #194 LordShad0wz, May 25, 2016
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
    Where are the beta testers?!?!?

Anyone figure out the non Astron secrets. Day 3 here and still nothing. I simply can't figure them out. I've tried everything I can think of with the hints. Hours of trying over days. Atleast I figured out Voltron *ahem* I mean Astron! Hehe

What does everyone think of the new ships? I've definitely added the Black Lion to my list of must have ships. It's just a really great design. It's really fun to play. If I had to do it again I'd purchase this ship outright. It's worth it.

My list of must have, and you should purchase, ships are:

Black Lion
    The Galaxic
    The Doc
    The Infinicast
    Shipception
    Dragicorn
    Coinship Astroprize

To Michael,

I hear you and I have similar thoughts on Astron. I think if you raised the blue arm straight up and added two horns to the head it would come together much better. Make it look like it's actually flying in space like a superman pose. And lengthen the yellow arm it seems short? Astron doesn't look or feel right with both arms lowered and the one arm so short and no little horns!

I'm back up to over 20,000 coins. Man I love this coin doubler. I can't wait for everyone to get this. This game is so bad ass!

Billy

15. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I've been enjoying this too. Great update by the way. Bought the Coinship Astroprize straightaway. Are there Came Center achievements for Astro Attack? If not, there should be! =)

@MrGreed: I can recommend some good ones:

- Galactic Nemesis

- Sky Force 2014 (Sequel coming soon, yay!)

- Shooty Skies

- Air Attack 2

All of these are super solid (especially the first two).

16. Achievements are coming :) I've built a secret ship unlock system for 1.2 (the version currently in testing), and that's the groundwork for getting in Game Center achievements for Update 1.3

17. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Awesome news! \O/

On a side note, I just unlocked the Linksys Ship. Love the Gameboy colors!

18. Woo! Update 1.1 is live!

Changes:
    * Unlock the new “GameBuddy” ships, with a completely new theme!
    * Are you skilled enough to tame the mighty (adorable) Dragicorn?!
    * Want coins faster? The new Coinship Astroprize will unlock double coins on all the things! Engage!
    * Want to try before you buy? Test-fly other ships with our new preview system.
    * Various bug fixes and interface improvements

If anyone wants access to the beta builds, you're still welcome to sign up here

http://bit.ly/astroattackbeta

I push them out every few weeks, and they generally have a more features and ships than the release version. It might not be as stable though :p

19. Awesome :) Glad you like it! We wanted to really mix up the style for the Gamebuddy update

20. uti4

uti4 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Male
    Localization & ASO
    Answer to you question is NO. My device is set to Russian, but the game is still in English.

Actually, I thought just like you wrote (it should default to the language of the device). Maybe the issue is because I didn't update the game. I'll update it and see what's in there.