iPad Asteroid Rage-Space Adventure Game

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by THE STUD, Jul 15, 2009.

1. #1 THE STUD, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2009
    Price$0.99

Asteroid Rage is a fast-paced and epic space adventure game. Explore the galaxy and fight your way through countless waves of asteroids, collect Stardust and compete against the best pilots on Earth.

Features​
    ------

- Touch senstive and accelerometer based controls means fun at your fingertips.

- Super slick arcade style graphics and awesome explosions.

- Powerful arsenal to help against the onslaught of asteroids: Laser Gun, Shockwave Bomb and Time Warp.

- Multiple power-up items to lend a hand in the emptiness of space including: Shield, Health, Extra Ammo and Insta-Bomb.

- Online high score table so you can see how you compare to the rest of the world.

- Unlimited gameplay and replayability. See how long you can survive and aim for the highest score.

- Epic musical score to take you to a galaxy far, far away...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Xood

Xood Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Casual Game Developer (Coder,CTO,CEO)
    Germany
    is there a video available? I checked your page and youtube but could find nothing.

3. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    graphics look really good

4. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    this is currently on sale for 99 cents

5. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    Ditto ^^^, got an eye on this one...

6. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    sweet now im definitely going to get this:D

7. jasonsmith

Jul 18, 2009
    Cool, post a review my friend...

I'm a bit old school, kinda wishing it was vertical. Post a video if ya got the means to do so.

8. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    :rolleyes:i was hoping to go to sleep but since you insist, ill put up what i think of the game but not a full lengthy review lol

9. jasonsmith

Jul 18, 2009
    NO SLEEP (soup) FOR YOU!!

Ya no worries, no need to be massively in depth at this time of night, why aren't we sleeping anyway????

10. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    #10 skyye06, Jul 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
    okay after my first play through i find that is actually pretty fun but so far really hard(but its mainly cause im too sleepy to be focused) the graphics are the main appeal to me and they dont dissappooint. Basically you shoot asteroids simple right. You have a set amount of ammo which to me is way too short, no really way to short thats what makes the game difficult, you also have the bomb which destroys averything in your path, health pick-up, shields, and time warps(slows down time) all which can be picked up by destroying asteroids. I find the controls really solid and the music quite likable. pretty decent game overall just that you run out of ammo REALLY QUICK so that kinda ruins the fun but still playable since the time warp and the bomb are rechargable.

Edit: forgot to add that you should probable get it, worth the buck as it has polish and with another update with some customer input a very good game

11. jasonsmith

Jul 18, 2009
    This gives a bit more insight.

[​IMG]

12. jasonsmith

Jul 18, 2009
    Awesome review man, thank you. Sounds like it's a winner.

Challenging is better than too easy I guess...

Thanks again.

13. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    havent gotten far but playin more and more it seems to get easier but still i think game is pretty good cause it has two of the main things i love is the great graphics and great controls

14. Hi there.

Thanks for your kind words. :) I'm Derek, the designer for Asteroid Rage, and I'd like to share some thoughts in response to your review of the game.

For the longest time, shooting wasn't even part of AR. The focus was purely on dodging asteroids. But every time we showed it to friends/colleagues, the first question was always "Why can't I shoot?"

We added shooting, but limited the ammo to keep it difficult and suspenseful, and retain some of the original emphasis on dodging vs. destroying.

Speaking for myself, I'd be happy to hear some suggestions about features people like/would like changed/would like added... and what could be improved. I can certainly pass on the advice and see if we can incorporate some ideas into later versions.

15. Hi all,

I put together a little promotional trailer for Asteroid Rage. You can view it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx4p5iCXfNA

Also, expect a free version of Asteroid Rage to appear in the next week or so.

16. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    lol didnt know that you were on here. Thanks for coming, got to say I love the graphics and solid controls.

So I think maybe add a little more shooting to the game play as I love everthing thing about the game but I just can't seem to get very far.

Yes you should keep ammo limited but make it more accessible and easier to get as i seem to just depend on spamming the bomb to get by till i die. I believe this could make the game a lot funner imho.

Also upgrades would be nice addition just saying.

skyye06

17. We are making ammo crates appear more frequently in the next version. Upgrades aren't planned at this stage, though they have been discussed. Planned updates include Facebook integration and possibly more enemies.

18. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    1.2 update out
    What's new
    New in version 1.2:

- Faster loading
    - Input calibration
    - Gameplay balancing

19. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    What does input calibration mean? I don't see an option to calibrate the acceloneter sensitivity. may be its me but the ship feels more sluggish now.