Universal Assoluto Racing (by Infinity Vector Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by assolutoracing, May 17, 2016.

1. assolutoracing

assolutoracing Well-Known Member

May be a little hard to find, but you can resize buttons if you tap the gear icon on the home screen, then tap the phone icon, then if you tap on the type of control you want, you can completely resize and rearrange the buttons as you like.

2. assolutoracing

The class system is a bit confusing. There are really two separate class systems, the unmodified "stock class", this is used for Stock Race mode. And then the modified class, used for Time Attack and Free Run modes.

The class that is listed in the Manufacturers screen is the "stock" class (unmodified class).

If you upgrade your car, the class increases and that class is used for the Time Attack and Free Run game modes (for Stock Race, even after modding you can still only use the car in its stock class).

The main source of confusion is that only one of these classes is listed (unmodified car will always show it's stock class, and a modified will always show the higher modified class).

We need to make this clearer for sure!

As for the other points, we are thinking of solutions to implement multi car races and we have a lot of requests for cockpit view. The only problem, (as GPS mentioned) is we are a tiny team all with day jobs, so modeling car interiors will take some time. But we are working on constantly updating, and we will, in fact, release an update very soon!

Expect more cars, more tracks, more customization, and more game modes coming (some faster than others :eek:)!

Anyways, thanks for the comment and I hope you keep playing and enjoy the game more in the future!

3. assolutoracing

Taeles! Welcome back! We are out baby!

4. assolutoracing

Thanks Atchoo! Yeah we need to fix that ASAP! Even though English is my first language, I royally biffed that one!

5. assolutoracing

GPS, thanks as always for the kind words! We will keep plugging away on our end and push out content as fast as our pudgy little fingers can code it!

6. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Two thumbs up on the first update to handling. These cars grip fantastic now!

7. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    Still love the game.

My rant seemed a little harsh. I really like the game. As soon as the cockpit view becomes available, I'll have no problem dumping more money into this.

Also, another addition that would be very welcomed is the detailed tuning that's available in Gran Turismo 3. Rush rally 2 (iOS) has done this pretty well. I like the racing physics better in Assoluto. I hope both games implement a driver's view that doesn't obstruct the view of the track.

Thanks

8. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    This looks excellent, will this new handling be in the next update.. I got an update today but it doesn't mention handling has changed

9. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I play again after the update and the grip is the same as before and there is still no sensitivity meter for accelo. I guess it will be addressed in the next update.

10. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Cheers thanks

11. AudiR8cer

AudiR8cer Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Coruscant
    GREAT Start! BUT...

I downloaded Assoluto Racing yesterday after hearing about it on myrealracing.club. (You should all check out this forum site if you have never done so!) I am a HUGE fan of mobile racing games. I have been playing RR3 since it's release over 3 years ago. Before that, I played RR1 and RR2 religiously. Lately FMEA (Firemonkeys Entertainment Arts) has become increasingly greedy and complacent. They are overly confident that they have the mobile racing genre market share all to themselves and sadly, they are correct. I have been wishing for an independent company to come up with an alternative that can knock the greedy giant on it's butt. There are thousands of RR3 players who feel the same. I don't mean to toot my own horn but I do have a decent following on myrealracing.club and I am a team leader in RR3. I am recommending to as many as I can, that they give your app a serious try. You have a great START but it is a LONG road ahead in becoming serious competition for RR3. OMP, team events and simply being able to race against OTHER opponents are things that you will have to introduce in future updates. I am confident that you have the groundwork laid already that will allow you to eventually reach this level. Please keep the game as close to a mobile racing SIM as possible. Bringing in too many arcade style events or car physics will not work in your favor, I assure you. Please do not give up without a fight. Keep the updates coming. I will gladly be a Beta tester if you need one. (I will work for in-game gold coins!)

12. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Could we hope for MFi support in the next update?

13. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Hey there AudiR8cer, saw this mentioned on the MRR forums too, glad to see the word is getting out. I agree with everything you said, I've played this since it Soft launched in Australia and think that with a few updates and more content this could be right up there against RR3. I think these devs deserve all the support we can give them.

14. AudiR8cer

AudiR8cer Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Coruscant
    Need More Support- Rally the Troops!

Now we just need EternalBliss333, Enzo, Gio, Mod-Veyron, Beamer, eelw, colo_artist, Brock A9X and Zermalmer to jump on the bandwagon. (Along with myself, these are the top 10 users by reps at MRR.)

15. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
  16. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Absolutely! Hey you should also check out Rush Rally 2 if you haven't already. Super polished rally racer, well worth it

17. assolutoracing

That is a very sweet review, and thank you for that!
    We know that we have quite long road ahead and updates to do to bring that game to the top.
    We have many surprises in our pocket ;)

I can assure you that we will never choose the easy way and physics is the strong point of the game.
    I am doing drifting in Japan (I live there) and i always found fun to explore and test the limit of a car.

I have learned a lot from my driving experience and try to put that in the game.
    We really need support from you guys, that's for sure..

18. assolutoracing

I ordered my MFi controller, it should arrive this week end!

After that, i will have to add it in the game and make sure it is working fine.
    But i am pretty sure MFi support will be added within a month from now.

19. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    Sounds great :)
    And best lap ghostcars would be great, too #

20. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Fastlane anyone?

Loving the game, somewhat reminds me of Fastlane back in the early days of iOS gaming.

It was somewhat similar to Assoluto: 60fps games, focused on getting the racing right and less arcady, small team VS big devs (NFS and RR1), but the game modes feel somewhat bare as well and it didn't have bells and whistles like the other 2 big racing games.

I've only spent a few minutes on this game and I'm quite loving it. My wishlist would be:

- Better shadow. At least when the car goes under a banner or poles it should get a bit darker or something. At the moment the lighting on the car isn't affected by the environment at all.

Keep it up guys, one small step at a time. You'll get there and beat Firemonkeys.

Just remember not to sell out like they did ;)