Universal Assoluto Racing (by Infinity Vector Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by assolutoracing, May 17, 2016.

1. assolutoracing

assolutoracing Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for your support, yes we definitely hope that we will get featured, we need that initial boost to help the launch of the game.

I am glad that you enjoy the driving, more to come soon :)

2. assolutoracing

That you for this full and informative review!
    Yes, the points you mentioned definitely need some brush up.

Steering :
    I will add a sensitivity to the Accelerometer, good point.

Throttle :
    There is not traction control or whatsoever, so if you drive a rwd car, you definitely have to feather that throttle to not spin out.
    Also, as you mentioned a throttle control would be a great addition :)

Brakes : Need brush up

Overall this game need brush up hahaha.
    hopefully with the feedback, we will be able to make smart changes that will be beneficial for everyone.

Changing too much could be risky tho as it could affect the car physics and the drive feeling of everyone. So the key is to give more options to the users so they can configure their drive the way they want :)

3. assolutoracing

Thank you for downloading the game!
    Yes, this will be added in the next update.

Btw, thanks to the admin that removed [Soft Launch in CA] ;)

4. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I would like to take back my comments on the accelometer, actually when I turn the sound on, it is my car losing traction rather than the control problem. Yet, having a sensitivity meter is always welcomed.

The game is very refreshing. I like it! I even buy the credit doubler! Too bad there is no gold doubler which I will buy it in a heartbeat.

I guess I have played too much RR3, real cars should handle like this and 60 FPS is definitely makes the game more exiting.

FR car drive like a b*t*h! But it is big fun.

A few suggestions:

1. In city track, there should be a little gap between road and the wall, if the city is based on Japan highway, it is not Monte Carlo anyway

2. Japanese cars are most likely to be right wheeled instead of left...If you are talking about export version, then alright

3. Some time, hitting the wall/fence due to spinning does not cause the race to fail, this happens mostly in city track

4. Failure in a race/test does not show control and config buttons, like pause screen does

5. Cockpit view is nice to have; and/or a view that places the eye the same level as the car from behind, not a bit higher up from behind. It gives better sense of speed.

BTW, is there any plan to implement racing between other cars at the same time?

5. assolutoracing

Hi currymutton, thanks for your support!
    Credits doubler is definitely a good choice, low price and high value!

Yes, if you have a RR3 background, cars in Assoluto Racing might feel low grip. :)

I take note of your comments and will double check the number 4.

We are thinking about adding Cockpit view but nothing official yet..
    For the multiple cars at the same time we are also thinking about it.

6. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I definately think the cars need more grip as they feel a bit floaty.

7. assolutoracing

Yes, i am working at balancing grip right now.

8. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Glad to see this getting much deserved attention.

The handling feel of this definitely does take a little while to re tune to, especially if you play Real Racing 3 (which I still do daily), but once you get the feel for this it really is very satisfying to drive at speed. The vehicles definitely have a floaty feel in comparison to RR3. You have to finesse them more in this than with other games.

I personally love this game! Can't wait for more tracks, and hopefully more cars on track racing each other #. I think the already mentioned tilt sensitivity adjustment is a great idea too..
    Thanks for this game devs, can definitely tell you are passionate about cars and racing!

9. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    #89 currymutton, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    The Forest track seems very familiar... ;) And I wish there will be Spa, Monte Carlo, Monza怀and Mount Haruna/Akina.

And cars, more famous/classic Japanese road cars/roadsters are welcomed. And not to mention the Mini

Hope to see the tracks are longer and even racing against other cars at the same time!

10. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I finally got this one and played it and wow so much like Gran Turismo! Loving it

11. assolutoracing

Good morning everyone (We are working from Japan XD)

This week end i will prepare a nice update that will hopefully fix few important things based on the users feedback we have so far.

In a nutshell :

- Increase in grip (traction)
    - Sensitivity slider for the Accelerometer.
    - Few bug fixes

12. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Sounds great

13. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Great! Let's see if there will be less fishtailing then.

14. assolutoracing

15. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Would definitely like to see some touch control adjustments. Playing on iPad and the left/right steering buttons are way too big. Could really use a resize option.

16. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    Lots of "class" problems

Buying cars is confusing. I purchased a 3000 GT "c" class but it says I can't use it for a c-class race. Also got the nsx (d-class) and after doing a few mods it changed to B class, but I can't race a B-class race with it. First races say F and D class, but any class car can farm the first levels. Really stupid having to constantly adjust your car parts just to "potentially" get your stats for a race that doesn't consider them. Why color code the A B and C's?

Where's cockpit view and hmmmm, other cars!!! This should be called "rent a track for a day"

It seems like a glorified time trial section of Gran Turismo 3 and it's a shame because it's got potential, but so do all the other half-racing games on iOS.

17. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    The upgrades only apply to the free drive mode, is my understanding. In the interests of keeping the times fair for race and time trial modes the upgrades aren't applied to the vehicle, which I think is why they still can't be driven in other classes.
    As for a glorified time trial from GT, yeah I suppose it is, but given that this is from a really small dev team, I think 3 people, it is an outstanding effort, which by reading earlier posts from them, will continue to be updated and improved.. They've already mentioned that they're looking into more cars on track. For the price, free, I personally think that this is way ahead of some of the others on the App Store.
    Your points a completely valid, but remember this a from a small team who seem pretty passionate about racing.. I think there good things ahead for this game. Cheers

18. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    -peeks in-

Today the exit soft launch day? For some reason I seem to recall it being so. Hrm.

19. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Ahh and there she is! -downloading from us appstore-

20. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    It's AMATEUR, not AMATUER! :D
    By the way I like it, especially the classy presentation.