Universal Assoluto Racing (by Infinity Vector Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by assolutoracing, May 17, 2016.

1. assolutoracing

assolutoracing Well-Known Member

I saw your lap with the 370Z you performed like a king!
    As for the 1000m braking, it is quite hard indeed.
    I need to do some more testing on this but gold is supposed to be quite hard to get anyway. :)

2. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Mine is a Gamevice, but it's a bit expensive.
    Look at these: https://afterpad.com/mficontrollers/
    SteelSeries Nimbus should be ok.

3. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Thanks #, I have Gold on all the others. It's the only one I can't get.. I will keep trying.

4. assolutoracing

After few research, i just ordered a GameSir G3s. :)
    Hopefully i will get it soon and make the support for Mfi quickly!

5. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Great! :)
    Just a thing: many games don't consider analog stick's deadzone at all, but a 0%-10% slider would be nice.

6. assolutoracing

Good point, will be done!
    What about the button mapping?

How does other game handle it? Default settings or custom mapping?

7. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
  8. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Update is out with the GTR #! Quick question, have you adjusted the handling? Seems more loose in the tail end now...

9. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Bought the new GTR. That thing is FUN! Absolutely fantastic to drive... Thanks folks.. Just put a replay up on everyplay # great fun!!

10. assolutoracing

Thanks for the informations, i should receive my new controller soon now :)

11. assolutoracing

Thanks!
    I saw your video, nice :)

As for the physics, i made the rotational inertia of the car a bit stronger. That may explain the looser end.
    I am constantly updating physics for the better. So expect tinny changes here and there :)

12. assolutoracing

Assoluto Racing is finally launched worldwide and available as a free download for iOS and Android! Check out the next stage in precision, competitive mobile racing simulations with Assoluto Racing today!

We would like to give a big thank you to everyone on this forum! We have had a tremendous response from our soft launch because of you and we look forward to your continued support by giving us a 5-star review on the appstores if you haven't already :slightly_smiling_face: or just by sharing the game with your friends! Race on!

[​IMG]

13. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Great! :)
    I'm downloading it just now, but I think I'll start to play when MFi support will be there.

14. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Awesome stuff, this really does deserve to do well... The driving in this is fantastic. When you nail a lap it is so satisfying. Great work folks!!

15. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    This game improved from the previous versions, at first I wasn't sure about it now I am, the driving feels so good :), I'm going to buy couple of in apps because you earned it, just hope this game will get featured and loads of people play it :)

16. HardCompound

HardCompound Member

Mar 12, 2016
    Good work on this game. Really impressive start, especially for such a small crew. I love the graphics, the impressive frame rate and the deep car customization. You guys obviously have a passion for racing games. Here's my wish list for the future.

Steering: The responsiveness is really lacking. I do not feel like I'm controlling the angle of the front tires with the accelerometer. Instead, it seems like I'm describing the general direction the car should go, and something else is deciding how far, and in what direction the wheels should turn. It almost feels like I'm rotating the car, instead of rotating the front wheels.

Throttle: This one is hard to call. The throttle position seems to be limited by how far the steering is turned. Eliminating the need to feather the throttle by tapping the screen is not necessarily a bad thing, but the ai feels a bit overbearing. I like not having to tap the screen, but I'd still like to be able to mash down and lose it in a corner. I don't know if it's possible, but I've always liked the idea of controlling the throttle by either sliding my thumb or having it increase as I push down and flatten my thumb on the screen.

Camera and controls: some weird stuff going on here. When I start a race, and hit the throttle early, sometimes the wheels lock up and stop me with the engine racing on the rev limiter. Not sure if it's a bug, or a dropped transmission, but if it's the latter, there should be some sort of explanation. Also, when I'm in a long corner (hood view) the camera seems to drift in the direction my wheels are turned. I'd like the camera to either stay fixed, or follow the road ahead of me, but it shouldn't follow the steering wheel angle.

Accelerometer: Needs a sensitivity setting. I'm playing on an iPad mini, and I just can't turn it as far, or fast as I could turn a phone. I should be able to hit full-lock at 30 degrees or so.

Brakes: due to the aforementioned throttle ai, I haven't had enough experience with the brakes yet to understand what's going on with them. I'm looking forward to getting a faster car, or a more twisty track together a feel for how they affect weight distribution and steering.

Thanks so much for building this very promising title. I love driving, and I love racing games. I'm looking forward to watching this one grow and develop!

17. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    #77 ramzarules, Jun 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    nice! downloading now to check it out! Hopefully there will be race modes, now or in the future :) The screenshots look fantastic!

Edit: just completed the first time trial with the first car, and steering with the buttons, the car turns to go "straight" on its own, as soon as i stop pressing the steering button. So strange.

ie. the track turns right, so i press lightly right. The car turns. When i leave the right button, the car automatically turns to the left. Eh?

18. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Good game.

That said, time trials are very boring game modes in racing games. Why make an entire game around that?

Kindly see if you can give us a good old pure racing mode with AI, even if they are just 3 to 5 AI cars.

Real Racing has up to 39 AIs racing with you sometimes so I do not think it would be impossible.

Nevertheless it is a good game. Just don't see myself running around the same track just to improve previous times.

19. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    That is called "steering assist".

Check if you can disable it in settings.

I never race with that in any game though they can be helpful for beginners.

20. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I am not sure about the contol. Using accelerometer, the car moves a great deal if tilt a little. Using directional, the car "re-center" after movement. I discover the sensitivity setting to directional but i think accel needs this too.