iPad assassins creed vs. hero of sparta

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by foppajoe, Apr 23, 2009.

?

Best gameloft hack n' slash game?

1. hero of sparta

23 vote(s)
    34.8%
  2. assassins creed

43 vote(s)
    65.2%
  1. foppajoe

foppajoe Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Which gameloft upgradable hack n' slash game do you like best? Obviously, their are some differences. Hero of sparta, i think, is more fun and pure hacking and slashing while assassins creed has some timing and strategy to it with counterattacks and minigames.

I have just started playing assassins creed and I am not sure if it is better. Does it have more combos and longer story? I guess I'll find out once my itouch gets charged up.

Your thoughts?

2. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Both games still lead you around by the hand too much. Hero of Sparta's graphics and animation are outdated and AC's only just better.

Can't wait for some really ambitious dev to put the equivalent of God of War on the iphone.

3. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    Tough call. They are pretty much the same game. Assassin's Creed is a little more... dynamic (is maybe the word I am looking for.) I dunno exactly, but I am enjoying it more than HoS.

4. I haven't bought either but I do plan on buying Assassins' Creed this weekend after I beat Chronicles Of Inotia ;) I love the gameplay that I have seen thus far :p

5. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Hero of Sparta, when it was released, was the iPhone equivalent of God of War. Of course, that was before, and with the constantly shifting and changing app store, it got lost behind. If a Hero of Sparta 2 was released this year, it would be better, and everybody would now say that this is the iPhone equivalent of God of War. Of course, in a few months, it will be outdated, and everybody will say it doesn't even come close to God of War. It's all because of the rapidly improving app store.

6. jmarquiso

jmarquiso Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    I'm really enjoying AC, and it made me consider Hero of Sparta. My question is - should I bother? Is it a fun game? It looked too much like a 300 rip to me, and since I hated the movie, I had zero interest in spending that much for a game. That was until 10 for Assassin's Creed.

I've been looking for a good prince of persia-esque platformer. AC was it.

7. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    For what it's worth HoS is a good game and the main difference with AC is the boss fights. But, they more or less follow the same concept. You'll find that some don't like HoS, but it's fundamentally a good game.

8. Yagami_Light

Yagami_Light Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    It isn't exactly a rip-off. Just trying to get on the hype train. It is a good game, and if you like God of War, you will like this.

I hate 300 too. That was a lame movie.

9. cmfnyc

cmfnyc Active Member

Nov 13, 2008
    from Doom to Sparta

Personally, I enjoyed Hero of Sparta (except the final boss/ending). And I look forward to hitting Assassin's Creed this weekend.

For those of us who don't have consoles, DSes or PSPs, these games are fantastic.

10. PpGrillo

PpGrillo Member

Jan 27, 2009
    i loved hero of sparta, but the controls are disastrous and it lacks good animation, and need some voice performance out of that its perfect. And Assasin´s creed tecnically is better than hero of sparta but is just an adaptation from de Nintendo DS game. but i would say that is very hard to decide, both games has its profitable points, depends on everyone tastes.

11. YungAssassin_BHB

YungAssassin_BHB Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    I'm the kid Yung Assassin
    So you know it's Assassin's Creed FTW

12. RedStaR

RedStaR Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    You forgot to put kroll on the poll LOL!!

13. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

That wuld not get alot of votes.

I think AC is better, becaus you can jump around and the game is longer.

14. YungAssassin_BHB

YungAssassin_BHB Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    The jumping is fun

15. ringring

ringring Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    get AC, it' s way better than HoS...

16. foppajoe

foppajoe Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    I like HoS better,WAY more fun for me than AC