Assassins Creed Screens

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by radchad1, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swordplay

Swordplay Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Chicago
    I'm really looking forward to this even if it's a port of the de game. Also the game will be a fraction of the de game price.

2. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    How to Assassin's Creed:

Acre:

climb tower x3
    pickpocket dude x3
    intimidate dude x3
    snoop on dude x3
    do informer thing x3

+

Damascus:

climb tower x3
    pickpocket dude x3
    intimidate dude x3
    snoop on dude x3
    do informer thing x3

+

Jerusalem:

climb tower x3
    pickpocket dude x3
    intimidate dude x3
    snoop on dude x3
    do informer thing x3

boringboringboringboringboring.

I forgot to mention: COLLECT ALL 500+ FLAGS!!!

Assassin's Creed is only fun when you are just running around, and hacking shit up. Otherwise, it makes you sleepy and annoyed.

3. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    I disagree... Crystal defenders is still the most challenging TD in the appstore today. Everyone was just pissed at the horrible controls in the first version, but now that it has been optimized, out of the 6 six TDs I own crystal defenders is the only one that proves to be a challenge.

4. jawslover

jawslover Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    JERICHO, KS
    I don't know about you, but it didn't seem that repetitive to me. Although the way you put it makes it seem like it is, the actual game is different and unique enough that you don't feel if it's repetitive. But I can't comment about the DS version, since i've never played it.

Count me in as a day one purchaser of this game!

5. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    for me, depending on how much it is, it is either get assassins creed first and wait until i get another giftcard for 3.0 upgrade, or get 3.0 upgrade and then get this game. seems like a nice game to have. at least looks better than HoS. im hoping 4 a 4.99 price

6. hirschy75

hirschy75 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Its probably going to come down to this or CJS and by the responses here I might go with CJS and wait for reviews.

Hmmmm.... if only I were Bill Gates :)

7. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Or maybe how some people keep buying and raving about retro games simply just because they have retro graphics? They don't care whether the gameplay is great or the remake has faithful gameplay or if the dev puts in any effort to up the bar after 20+ years since they released the game. All they care about is retro.

8. Coolio93

Coolio93 Active Member

Apr 14, 2009
    What are you talking about?!?! GeoDefense is one of the hardest games I've ever played!!!!

9. iPhoneUser

iPhoneUser Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    I'm assuming you haven't played Crystal Defense yet then. I've bought and played over 90% of the TD games on the iphone and have finished them all. I bought and played GeoDefense when it first came out - it was tough but eventually I did finish. Just bought Crystal Defense a week ago once the new touch controls were added. They have 12 games with 30 levels each. After a week I still haven't beaten the first game yet (I've gotten as far as round 29/30)! It is by far the toughest of them all...

10. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    iirc, Gameloft reps never stated they'd launch at $4.99 - 5.99 for all of their games, but rather that that price point was where they garnered the higher sales figures and that they will not engage in the ill advised "race to the bottom".

Note, again, that they never stated that they will always launch at $4.99 - 5.99. We have to remember that Gameloft, Sega, EA, Konami, etc. have all sold pretty well at the $7.99 - 9.99 early intro prices, and have moderately decreased price over a longer period of time.

So it might be that they say "yeah, $4.99 - 5.99 is where we sell the most...but since we still sell quite a bit at $7.99 - 9.99, we'll launch there first and then slowly decrease price down to $4.99 -5.99 after a while". And while we may not like that as consumers...it makes sense business-wise.

11. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    I've never played the console version just the DS, which I guess was a good thing really because if you'd played the console version, you would have hated the DS game. You see, thats why I worry for this version. It looks just like the DS one (only with smoother graphics) to the extent that I'm almost SURE it's a direct port. Assassin's Creed DS didn't fail to me as an Assassin's Creed game because as I stated earlier, I've never played the 360/PS3 version... Assassin's Creed DS failed to me as a general platform game (it really was poor). I'll not really get into all the details as to what was bad (trust me, there's just too much), but for those who are looking forward to it, all I'll say is don't go into this game expecting too much! It might turn out ok, but if it is just a DS port, you'll likely share the same frustration with it that others here who have played it experienced. Good luck though, and at a considerably lower price, the blow is potentially cushioned (though you could probably pick up a used copy of the DS version for near enough the same price).

12. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    #72 theone1007, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
    We haven't seen a 7.99 game from gameloft since Ferrarri GT Evolution (release date Jan 6, 2009). I'm sure people would've bought Let's Golf and Oregon Trails for 7.99. Since Hero of Sparta, 1 vs 100, Let's Golf, Oregon Trails, and Wild West Guns have come out. They all have a standard price of 4.99-5.99.

And Konami has not decreased their prices in ages. Their prices have always been really expensive just because they have titles of well-known games (i.e. Frogger, MGST). Plus, gameloft is not like other companies where they go on sale often or whatnot.

13. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Whilst you make a good point (and I do see where you're coming form), I think that between all of Gameloft's current releases, Assassin's Creed is their biggest name... I guess you could say it's their MGST. But I do think that Spiffone was right whe he talked about it making business sense. He was just trying to say that it wouldn't be a big surprise if Gameloft did launch this at the higher end of the price bracket, mainly because Gameloft will know that the name Assassin Creed will be enough to justify the purchase in many peoples eyes. After all, look how many people here who have committed to it already despite strong warnings about the actual version they are likely getting. A lot of people just want to say, "Look I've got Assassin's Creed on my iPhone"... Gameloft knows this, and I think the initial price will reflect this!

14. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    But then again, Oregon Trails is also a big name with a 5.99 standard price tag. I dunno, we'll see who's right next week won't we ;) And I guess you both make a good point, for me, I would buy this just to have Assassin's Creed on my phone. But then again, their mobile version is $4.00 which is the same as any other mobile game they have.

15. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    The thing about Oregon Trail is that it was an older game, however. I think even Gameloft was surprised how well it did, because it's an IP that hasn't
    had a new offering in...well...decades really. Ah, the power of nostalgia. :D

I mean...it did better than BiA, and BiA is a currently pretty well known IP.

Assassin's Creed is also young, currently known IP. So it may warrant a higher price point due to name recognition (warrant it based on probability for increased revenue, mind you, not based on any factor of supposed quality or what we gamers think of it). Or it may not.

Understand that I'm not saying Gameloft will definitely launch at higher than $5.99, but rather that they've never completely shut the door on a $7.99 - 9.99 launch. Given the right set of circumstances, Gameloft, EA, Sega, Konami, etc. are all capable of launching at $9.99 because they know that there's a significant enough audience that would buy at that price.

16. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I see what you are saying. Oh the temptation of money is so horrible. Well, I hope they release it for 5.99 because there are so many other games that need to bought soon (Real Racing, Terminator Salvation).