Assassins Creed Screens

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by radchad1, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Kind of like what 21duc29 said, if this is anything like Hero of Sparta, I don't want it. HoS is the same gameplay over and over again, just with different weapons and enemies. All you do is push a button repeatedly to kill enemies throughout the entire game. Plus, you don't get much freedom as there's really only one way you can roam, you can't jump fall off edges or anything and the character jumps for you. I like HoS for its God of War like plot and because it really shows of what the iDevice can do graphics-wise. For its gameplay, however, I hate it, so if Assassin's Creed for the iDevice is anything like HoS I'll pass.

2. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    I'm not too into the "on rails" aspect of this either and based on the previous comments about the content, it seems kind of disappointing. But having said that, we won't know for sure until it comes out to see if its optimized for the iPhone/iPod Touch. Either way, AC is on my shortlist.

3. cazure

cazure Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
  4. Phil_Synowiec

Phil_Synowiec Well-Known Member

Ill be getting this for sure! Even for $10-15 it looks good.

5. Almy

Almy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Gameloft hasn't some anything with depth yet that I've played. So I'm guessing I won't be interested. There are enough small games to choose from.

6. This game looks pretty good. A gameplay video will pretty much seal the deal for me if the price is good and the controls are smooth. Time will tell.

7. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    so im geussing the ds version was about 19.99? or 29.99?
    and the iphone will probably be 9.99 and at least, 5.99?
    and they are nearly identical, with the iphone looking better.
    WOW

8. Mattman

Mattman Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Dangg I was hoping for free-roam, I mean, I knew it was improbable, but still I had a nice, reassuring hope. :(

9. 5jusername

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    ill get it when it is 4.99 or lower. i thought HoS deserved a 6.5 or 7/10. it was alright. nice graphics for an idevice. but the final boss SUCKED. u dont even know when u win he just dies and u win. all the bosses were too easy and the best boss was the keeper imo and that was just a fill in for an entire level. or Cerberus.
    but i have never played the xbox versions(m rated parental control) so i really want to get this to at least get a small experience of the game.

10. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Why is everyone saying that this game will cost $10? We haven't seen a $10 game in ages and plus, Gameloft said they'll keep around the 4.99 - 5.99 price tag. I am 100% sure they won't price this at $10.

If you haven't noticed lately, all of Gameloft's recent games have been priced at that 4.99 - 5.99 price. 1 vs 100, Let's Golf!, and Oregon Trail are all priced there. Even with Let's Golf!'s wonderful graphics, gameplay, etc. it costs 5.99. Oregon Trail, I'm sure most of you older folk would've bought that game for 9.99 and it'll still be on the Top 100 chart. But guess what? That game was also priced at 5.99. 1 vs 100, wonderful graphics and smooth gameplay. 4.99.

Absolutely positive that this game will cost 5.99. And no, I don't think Gameloft will ever do sales on their games in the rest of history for the App Store. Their price for the regular cell phone version is $4. iDevice developing is a bit more on the upscale than these games, therefore, justifying the 5.99 price tag.

11. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    What's the point of guessing pricing right now? All we've seen are screenies so there is way more promo stuff to come (videos etc.) before this game comes out. Although I'd have to agree with theone, I think it's a little too early to actually care about pricing yet.

12. 5jusername

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    give me a link to where they said that and i will be VERY HAPPY
    and any aproximate release date? i think i heard it was in the next couple weeks in may-ish

13. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
  14. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    lmao

People get worked up over a port of a port now?

Assassin's Creed has never been good. It was mindless and boring and repetitive in its 360/PS3 iteration, and absolute garbage on the DS.

Have fun throwing your $$$ at Gameloft for this branded pile of shit.

15. Almy

Almy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    I wouldn't worry about the price. There was an interview where gameloft said they wanted to keep all their games at low prices. Gameloft makes short games too, so it's not like they could charge too much. I thnk the Q&A was on the TA front page at one time.

16. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I guess some people enjoyed this game on their 360/PS3. I haven't played this game myself, but I've heard many great things about it. Maybe it's just your impression from this game, but I found that many people have found to like this game. That's probably the reason why it's so popular and creating so much hype :)

17. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

People enjoyed the 360 and PS3 versions. Trust me, there is absolutely nothing to enjoy about the DS version. The touch gimmick mini-games got old quick, and as someone already posted... The controls were terrible on the DS which obviously is a system which has a real D-Pad and array of buttons. I think the people who will buy this game are the same people who bought the Final Fantasy tower defense game due to blind loyalty to the franchise.

18. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    NICE FIND! Can't wait, can't wait, and let me say it one more time, can't wait.

Other people may not want to get this game due to the fact that the DS version was really bad but to me, this game seems like something that would fit nicely amongst my App Library.

19. jFND

jFND Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    I never understood the Assassin's Creed hate. I loved AC on the 360.