Universal Assassin's Creed Mirage (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 5, 2024.

1. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Personally am loving this. Wasn’t sure if I would. See the bad reviews online. I think the game is beautiful and runs like a charm.
    Just the parkour is worth admission alone. Loving this with the backbone. Will he buying the full experience.
    Because of this I am considering both Resident Evil games as well.
    Not sure how anyone can complain playing this on a phone. My first phone was attached to the car. Second one was basically a weapon . Zack Morris had the same one. lol

But all kidding aside. This is a phone. If you want more out of a game play it on a console. For me this game is perfect. Way better than expected.

I haven’t experienced and stutter or slow down. One small crash but that’s it.

If you have the space on your phone give the free part a try for sure!

sebgo likes this.
  2. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    It has worse problems than that. I have two apple accounts (Us and Ru stores). Bought the game in US store, and after switching to Ru store it says: “buy the full game”. If I change back to US store, it turns back to normal

3. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Odd the thing is resident evil village does let you take advantage of the spec of the M4, lots of graphics settings. The game looks stunning ands is also very smooth!

4. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    Man, that's a lot of complaining I just read about being able to play a fully fledged premium AC game on mobile. It's always funny to me, as someone who's been "a gamer" for like 40 years, to see people saying games are unplayable due to the FPS when it's a steady 30. I'm having a blast with it personally, still trying to get used to the touch screen controls in combat though, hitting those parry and dodge buttons just in time.

sebgo and elcrazy like this.
  5. Torrente

Torrente Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2024
    You are fine with 30fps. Cudos to you sir. I have higher standards.

To me it really doesn’t matter how content-rich or ”premium” a game is if it’s not fun to play. Classic misstake from the developer thinking all they have to do is to port all the content and then forget about playability.

why would anyone care if a game is a fully fledged port of a 200M console game, if the game unbaringly sluggish and unresponsive. Even on the latest hardware available. it’s not about how much content I get, it’s about how much fun it is to play it.

We could go on forever arguing this back and forth. We are both are entitled to our opinions and I guess no one is more right then the other. It’s just a matter of perspectives. You are impressed with AC, im not. Lets leave it at that.

Chq likes this.
  6. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    I’m in a bit of trouble because my battery health in my iPad Pro is very degraded not playing assassins creed mirage until I get the M4 iPad Pro

squarezero likes this.
  7. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    Definitely upgrading next year

squarezero likes this.
  8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Higher standards are always a compromise. If you refuse to play FTP games, you miss out on some great titles like Genshin Impact or Weathering Waves. If you play only AAA games, you miss out on awesome indie title. And, of course, if you only enjoy smooth 60FPS gameplay, you are going to pass on some fantastic games (say LoZ:TotK).

But we’re talking about a hobby here, which should be judged primarily on how much enjoyment it brings you. And if 30 FPS is not fun for you, that should be a good enough reason to skip AC:M. My hope is that Ubisoft updates the game to take advantage of the M4 processor (or whatever they call the new iPhone processor). For one, I’d rather play this at 60FPS. For another, I would love for you to be able to play what seems to be a really good game :).

Torrente likes this.
  9. Torrente

Jun 6, 2024
    I fear that we are going more and more off-topic here, =) but anyway..

Im so old today that im no longer gaming on consoles or computer. I have a lot of old consoles and old console games, but those are mostly a long collectors hobby of mine and not games a play anymore really.

Today I basically do all my gaming on the ipad, or iphone to a lesser extent, and Im fine with that. Im totally cool with ipad gaming since there are so many amazing games now (and ported retro classics I love. And I havent even tryed out the new emulator stuff yet), but yes, I am kinda picky. I have come to a point in my life where im totally fine with missing out of alot of mainstream overhyped stuff and only play the real gems that suits my tastes.

One thing that actually is good with the fremium games of today is that now I often can try all the new stuff (that Im sceptical of from the start), like AC in this example, just to get my suspicions confirmed and just unistall them. BAM. I guess you could call it 50 bucks saved per game? :D

However, if it is a title that I still find intriguing, but just deem unbearable right now, I still keep it in the back of my head for future potential download, when it maybe has got some patches and updates.

squarezero likes this.
  10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Sounds like you and I are from similar generations ;). Let me put it this way, my first computer was a Sinclair ZX-81 and my first console was an Atari 2400 (bought before they added “2400” to the name). I kind of did the same thing — stepped away from gaming until iOS brought me back.

In any event, welcome to TA!

11. Torrente

Jun 6, 2024
    Really? I think mine is holding up fairly well and I bought that thing a couple of months after it was released. I cant look at the battery health right now since I wiped it, but it should be at around 85% at least I believe. And I used that thing alot. I mean ALOT.

thanks man.

It sure sounds like we are from about the same era. On the computational side, the Amigas were my drug of choice. I had a couple of C64 and even a C128, and some Ataris too, but those were never really my kink. I did fell in love with the Amigas tho. 500s, 600s, 1200s…

To this day all my apple devices are named after the amiga lineup. Iphones A500, ipads A600, macbookpros A4000 and appleTVs A1200.

squarezero likes this.
  12. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    First consoles were Atari and Intellivision! Loved Intellivision.

I also remember my Apple IIC computer. Can never forget all that green lol.

13. tinkie277

tinkie277 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
    Street Cleaner
    Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
    I would honestly recommend a controller. I have the backbone and Xbox controller. Both excellent! Backbone powers off your phone too. Xbox controller is more comfortable for longer gaming periods and much cheaper! Also buy the MagSafe Xbox controller stand! You’ll thank me later.

squarezero likes this.
  14. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    Yeah for real but getting the 1 tb model M4 next year

15. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

16. NewZealand

NewZealand Active Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Come on the ZX spectrum ruled computer world lol

psj3809 likes this.
  17. Torrente

Jun 6, 2024
    ZX Spectrum was really not a thing where I live. I don’t think I know anyone that had one of those. Most people I knew had C64 or some Atari. And later most went to the Amigas. As did I. Always felt that those really old first gen computers was a bit to primitive and not as fun to play with. When the Amiga hit the market it was another ball game. It was a more mature and full-fledged computer that could actually do stuff. Got my first HDD with a Amiga. That in it self was kind of revolutionary. After that when the PC market exploded and internet introduced and took over everything it all went to shit sadly. Computers today are just not fun anymore, they are like kitchen gadgets, just a boring necessity of life.

Aah. Remembering the good old days.

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    In the early days with the 8 bit computers as a kid i used my imagination a lot. Even when i typed in BASIC listings and you were an 'asterisk' when in the game you were a 'knight' ! (but an asterisk !)

I found even though the graphics were much simpler the gameplay to me was key. Even now its the same, i see the latest XBox games my son plays and he gets bored with them as the gameplay is dull. Gameplay is number 1 for any game regardless of graphics or sound. Obviously the best would be the right mix of gameplay and graphics but thats sometimes rare.

There is the nostalgia factor also, my son thinks games from the 80's or 90's look 'old' and he doesnt have that nostalgic connection with them which helps

Saying that he loves a lot of old arcade machines when i go to 'Arcade Club' near Manchester in the UK (Has about 250+ original arcade machines on freeplay)

But love the fact on my phone i can play a huge variety of games (Thanks to the new emulators) and also modern games or conversions. Amazing

19. Torrente

Jun 6, 2024
    Yup, thats what you had to do. And the games could still be great, even they were so primitive by todays standards. Its no problem fantasizeing that a symbol is something else.

its something that is forgotten today and never coming back.

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Same with the cassette covers, it had an amazing handdrawn picture of a barbarian holding an axe or something and then you load the game and you're a tiny graphic from a 16 x 16 grid. But at the time it was amazing !

Thats what i find so impressive about this game, having it in the palm of your hand. Unreal !