Universal Assassin's Creed Identity (Ubisoft) Coming February 25th

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Danz060391, Sep 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theavatar

theavatar Member

Sep 30, 2014
    @Derkliene I would say I agree with you on that one,though the thing is that the resolution makes the textures very murky and they look a lot more better in motion,Identity on the other hand has a lot of flat and streched low res textures and it's not even open world like vita just a small few cities which makes it all the more worse.Lacking ambition and polish,imo it's just nothing more than backstab with shadows and lesser vareity and about the same level of graphics.

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeahhh... Nope.

And does this really compare to Liberation? Liberation actually seemed like a FULL game with a story and varied things to do. This is a bare bones game in plain worlds that automates nearly everything for you. Plus it has really bad framerate. I don't see how you could pick this over Liberation unless you just want to stare at the graphics.

3. imjhonfre

imjhonfre Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    I can't find it anywhere in the asutralian appstore :/

4. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

5. RomanReigns

RomanReigns Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Played abit.its cool game but hoping they will include a complete freedom to move anywhere other than missions (complete free-roam) and also balance IAPs unlike Trials Frontier and Real Racing 3..i saw that you get less rewards which takes ages to go for new costume.As its Soft-launch,hope they take these points into account..This game have got huge potential to succeed and if they bring complete console quality AC,i can see future Assassins Creed game into mobiles aswell :)

6. bradleyg5

bradleyg5 Member

Sep 18, 2014
    #46 bradleyg5, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
    I mean... People trying to agrue that the Vita version has better graphics when it cant even run at the Vitas tiny 520p resolution. Resolution is part of graphics, you can't just have a bunch of effects, run it at a poster stamp resolution and 20 fps and say it's better.

Here is raw gameplay of the Vita version, watch it and touch gameplays video at full HD and then be honest with yourself. Tons of jaggies and alaising from running low resolution, its so blurry im not sure how you say the textures are better, dynamic shadows are blotchy and extremely low resolution. Lots of pop in. Game flat out looks and runs BAD

7. imjhonfre

imjhonfre Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
  8. DrasticPegasus

DrasticPegasus Active Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Student
    Salerno
    Hey guys,how can i create an australian or NZ account?

9. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Is this game gonna get updates? Or is it abandonware with only bugfixes?

Would love to see them making use of ios8 metal, and use some iphone 6 stuff.

Also is icloud supported?

10. Mikiesque

Mikiesque Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Hm... Game has a potential but needs some polishing up. Controls are a bit off - perhaps fixing the thumb pad would help in controls being tighter. Maybe someone with a nfc controller can attest if controls are better.

Game runs decent on iphone 6 but it doesnt appear to be optimised for it. There are hickups here and there but overall much much better looking game than vita version.

Missions are short and much more simpler than a real AC game which is both good and bad. Will see how it pans out later in the game but so far story is a bit similar to AC2 on Ps3/360.

Hope Ubisoft keeps supporting the game coz with some tweaks/optimisations this could be a winner!

Feel free to ask any questions!

11. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    The game is ok and has huge potentials.

That said, the control is kind of really bad. Why not use the whole right half of the screen for looking around instead of only the lower part of the right half?

It causes unwanted movements when you are just trying to swipe and look around.

Secondly, why give us parkour when we can only climb automatically in a straight line? No moving left or right during climbing and no stopping while climbing. You are only climbing up in a straight line and anything other than that, you descend completely to the ground.

It makes it completely difficult to hide from the guards sometimes or fine tune your movement.

Thirdly, please when we choose virtual joystick as control option, let the tap-to-move option be completely disabled. Not two types of control at the same time causing unnecessary conflicts in movement.

Lastly, the framerate during night missions is horrible. Do something about it please.

This game could be great with better updates and contents as it is really lacking those.

One good thing though, the textures are really nice and I am liking the screen resolution on Mini Retina so far.

12. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    This convinced me to finally make a New Zealand iTunes account. Ever since I first played Assassin's Creed I hoped it would come to iOS but every title that has been released on the platform thusfar has been a crappy spinoff (though Assassin's Creed II Discovery was pretty close). I'm glad to see a real Assassin's Creed experience on iOS, and I hope they resolve the issues I've been hearing about by the time it launches in the US.

13. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    +1.

And fwiw, I don't think you will be disappointed.

14. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  15. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Hmm. I wish Gameloft was still really close to their brother Ubisoft. I bet they would've made these games better than whoever is making them now.

16. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    True.

17. tahzblade

Nov 27, 2012
    #57 tahzblade, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    I really don't like the graphics of this game on iPad 3. I know iPad 3 is 2 generations ( 2 years ) behind but there are many games with awesome graphics on iPad 3.

The controls are annoying , I really dont like how they done the around controls. ( The joystick on the right side of the screen)

The framerate needs improving.

I'll be upgradeing my iPad sometime next year ( waiting for new iPad ) but I still hope they try their best to make the game look good on all supported devices. Of course the game will look different on each device but as long as the game fully takes use of each device and manages to showcase acceptable graphics on the supported devices it should be all good.

I hope they improve controls and the framerate.

I know this is a soft launch but by the time the finished game is out they could fix these problems.

If there is a second Assassins Creed identity ( which there probably will be ) I hope they make this a open world game , I (and others of course) would love free-roaming parkouring on our mobile device. Also hope the game is optimized for each supported device and that it will be a paid premium game. ( sadly , probably won't be. )

I have deleted this game but might re-download it when its launched world wide and out of the soft launch state.

18. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    So, we online play the game online, don't we? :(

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    But then it's going to end up half-assed as gameloft never makes games using their full potential. There is always something pulling their games down from being the best, even if they know they have everything they need to make it perfect.

20. tahzblade

Nov 27, 2012
    #60 tahzblade, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    It'll still be better then AC Identity

Edit: In My Opinion that is.