Universal Assassin's Creed Identity (Ubisoft) Coming February 25th

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Danz060391, Sep 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danz060391

Danz060391 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Piano teacher
    New Zealand
    #1 Danz060391, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Assassin's Creed Identity

Ubisoft
    *Only works with iPad 3 and over, iPad Mini 2 and over, iPhone 5 and over, iPod 6. Requires an online connection to play…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    *Only works with iPad 3 and over, iPad Mini 2 and over, iPhone 5 and over, iPod 6. Requires an online connection to play. Play now the first ACTION RPG game of the acclaimed ASSASSIN’S CREED Franchise. Explore the ITALIAN RENAISSANCE through the eyes of your OWN ASSASSIN, complete dozens of missions and unravel the epic mystery of The Crows. WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT US: • “the graphics look spectacular” cnet.com • “a proper bonafide Assassin’s Creed game” pocketgamer • “gorgeous graphics” phonearena.com CREATE, EVOLVE AND CUSTOMIZE YOUR ASSASSIN! - Pick a CLASS: Choose between Berserker, Shadow Blade, Trickster and Thief - CUSTOMIZE your Assassins: Use loot, choose your outfits and weapons like epic swords and the iconic hidden blade. - Make your Assassin EVOLVE from NOVICE to MASTER! TONS OF MISSIONS AND POSSIBILITIES! - Experience the FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT: Run, jump, climb and feel the thrill of the leap of faith on your mobile screen! - Achieve an infinity of QUESTS, unlock new locations and hundreds of items. - PLAY HOW YOU WANT TO with simple tap-to-move, dual virtual stick controls or with a gamepad. THE TECHNICAL EXCELLENCE OF THE ASSASSIN'S CREED GAMES! - The Unity game engine brings STUNNING GRAPHICS through amazing custom-made HD textures, shaders, and models to your screen. - Every place you visit in the ITALIAN RENAISSANCE will be an open map for you to explore: Santa Croce Area in Firenze, the Colosseum area in Roma etc. **ASSASSIN’S CREED** is one of the most popular franchise of all time. Its success has been built through years with famous titles such as Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, Assassin’s Creed Unity, Assassin’s Creed Black Flag etc. This game is available in: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Brazilian, Japanese and Korean. Are you a fan of ASSASSIN’S CREED IDENTITY? Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news: https://www.facebook.com/AssassinsCreedIdentity https://twitter.com/acidentity/
    Information
    Seller:Ubisoft
    Genre:Action, Role Playing
    Release:Feb 25, 2016
    Updated:Dec 13, 2018
    Version:2.8.10
    Size:2.4 GB
    User Rating: (53)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Danz060391

Apr 20, 2011
    Piano teacher
    New Zealand
    It's free to play.

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Ahh okay I'm down. Had me at RPG. Though knowing Ubisoft, this is one of those "online-only" social / solo adventure games isn't it? ... I hope not.

4. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013

Assassin's Creed Identity

Ubisoft
    *Only works with iPad 3 and over, iPad Mini 2 and over, iPhone 5 and over, iPod 6. Requires an online connection to play…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    *Only works with iPad 3 and over, iPad Mini 2 and over, iPhone 5 and over, iPod 6. Requires an online connection to play. Play now the first ACTION RPG game of the acclaimed ASSASSIN’S CREED Franchise. Explore the ITALIAN RENAISSANCE through the eyes of your OWN ASSASSIN, complete dozens of missions and unravel the epic mystery of The Crows. WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT US: • “the graphics look spectacular” cnet.com • “a proper bonafide Assassin’s Creed game” pocketgamer • “gorgeous graphics” phonearena.com CREATE, EVOLVE AND CUSTOMIZE YOUR ASSASSIN! - Pick a CLASS: Choose between Berserker, Shadow Blade, Trickster and Thief - CUSTOMIZE your Assassins: Use loot, choose your outfits and weapons like epic swords and the iconic hidden blade. - Make your Assassin EVOLVE from NOVICE to MASTER! TONS OF MISSIONS AND POSSIBILITIES! - Experience the FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT: Run, jump, climb and feel the thrill of the leap of faith on your mobile screen! - Achieve an infinity of QUESTS, unlock new locations and hundreds of items. - PLAY HOW YOU WANT TO with simple tap-to-move, dual virtual stick controls or with a gamepad. THE TECHNICAL EXCELLENCE OF THE ASSASSIN'S CREED GAMES! - The Unity game engine brings STUNNING GRAPHICS through amazing custom-made HD textures, shaders, and models to your screen. - Every place you visit in the ITALIAN RENAISSANCE will be an open map for you to explore: Santa Croce Area in Firenze, the Colosseum area in Roma etc. **ASSASSIN’S CREED** is one of the most popular franchise of all time. Its success has been built through years with famous titles such as Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, Assassin’s Creed Unity, Assassin’s Creed Black Flag etc. This game is available in: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Brazilian, Japanese and Korean. Are you a fan of ASSASSIN’S CREED IDENTITY? Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news: https://www.facebook.com/AssassinsCreedIdentity https://twitter.com/acidentity/
    Information
    Seller:Ubisoft
    Genre:Action, Role Playing
    Release:Feb 25, 2016
    Updated:Dec 13, 2018
    Version:2.8.10
    Size:2.4 GB
    User Rating: (53)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

5. Danz060391

Apr 20, 2011
    Piano teacher
    New Zealand
    After downloading the additional 400 mb data at launch I'm enjoying this, big open world assasins creed game, you can climb all the rooftops so that's cool.

6. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #6 Nekku, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    Downloaded. Atm it is downloading additional ~415MB.
    As far as I could see, it's the first free roam AC game on iOS including day/night cycles and weather effects as well as wearable equipment of different tiers and different RPG like character classes. It's made with the latest available Unity engine which hopefully promises smooth framerates.
    I hope it's good. Download just finished right now so let's see how it is.

Edit: it's indeed another social hub game which needs to be constantly connected to the internet. Graphics are looking good but nothing breathtaking. Controls are kinda sluggish imo. NPC's doesnt react to anything except running away if you kill someone in front of them. All kinds of IAP included.

7. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    After playing for a while, it's a good idea but unfortunately falls flat. The controls are very clunky and often unintuitive. Combat and stealth kills are extremely basic and don't differ much in terms of strategy. Also it requires you to be online at all times. It's a cool idea but unfortunately it doesn't play out as well.

Also the game doesn't play that smooth at all, often feeling rigid and the running feeling stiff. It even feels like it doesn't run that well on the iphone6 either.

8. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #8 Nekku, Sep 30, 2014
    Ye, someone would expect that a game made with Unity will run smooth but that isnt the case here. Many hiccups and framedrops on my Mini Retina. And there isnt even much going on. While there are many NPC's roaming around it still feels lifeless and boring. Oh well, I guess it wont stay for long on my device.
    Agree on the other points you've made.

9. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    I'm guessing this is Soft launch? If so then i'l hold my judgement til its out world wide

Not a fan of always online connection in games but wont stop me from playing games since im always online.

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines

Thanks for the imps guys. At least i wont have to pull up the NZ account, nor should i look forward to something that would just end up disappointing.

11. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    No worries! Though you can still download it if you want to be surprised how bad it is :rolleyes:

To be fair, they tried. It's not like it's unplayable or anything. However I wouldn't recommend it at this stage.

12. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    Wish I could try but it seems it's been pulled.. Not available in nz -ca - or us

13. My opinion :

This game is awesome. It's free and no timers ! You play in many different AC universe. Skill tree, custom and RPG elements are in. Graphics are decent but the big bad point are the controls. Specialy, the camera view. Just awful.

14. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Man... Assassin's Creed is second only to the Batman Arkham series when it comes to my favorite gaming franchises, and I've been waiting for a faithful AC experience on iOS for a while now (whether a port of one of the previous games or an original experience). It's quite disheartening to notice that when something resembling what I've waited for is released and a) it's filled with IAPs, b) has an online-only requirement, and c) isn't compatible with my only iDevice.

I'm curious to check out some gameplay videos to see if this really is that bad, and I'm hoping that, if nothing else, this proves to Ubisoft that there's interest in having a full-fledged Assassin's Creed game on the platform, which will lead to more satisfactory games in the future.

15. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#16 Sanuku, Sep 30, 2014
    Dude, the Game has Timers. You should have seen it as soon as you had updated the first time any of your Training during the Tutorial.

Besides that:

Yes you are correct that the control and the camera have indeed currently a few issues but I would also like to remember you that the Game is currently still in it`s Soft Launch phase so the Team in Germany has still plenty of time to tweak everything to make it feel more smoother then it currently is.

16. slikaroo

slikaroo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Man. So tired of these "online connection required games". I guess I'll be avoiding this one.

17. SephiTrax

SephiTrax Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Pet Store owner.
    San Diego
    Considering that most games (and many more in the future) will require the always on thingie, you're in big trouble my friend.

Guess you should consider gardening.

18. theavatar

theavatar Member

Sep 30, 2014
    #19 theavatar, Sep 30, 2014
    Nope I doubt that will be the case,Anyway devs will be the one missing out on potential fanbase with the ridiculous data rates now.

As far as the game is concerned it terrible and almost broken the graphics are poor psp level,gameplay is barebones and unpolished and the level design is shitty.It's useless game compared to the outdated psp game let alone the Vita version of the game.

19. SephiTrax

SephiTrax Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Pet Store owner.
    San Diego
    Always online is the future, man. It might not happen now, or in a year, but eventually they will do it.

I mean look at all of the high value games that were released in the past year, most of them need always online...