Universal Assassin's Creed Identity (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Feb 24, 2016.

1. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Out in NZ for sure, downloading now myself.

2. Tuzzo

Tuzzo Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Tech assistance
    Italy
    It's available in the Italian store.
    Maybe the link is outdated as they changed something in the store entry for the game.
    Try manually searching for it.

3. jetveetlev

jetveetlev Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2013
    same error, "Try again later, this item is temporarily unavailable" when i try to update the apps from canada store. It's a free upgrade if you have the softlaunch version before same like Hitman Sniper.

4. Danz060391

Danz060391 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Piano teacher
    New Zealand
    Can confirm its a free download if you had the soft launch version

5. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    #65 Killerluffy246, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    Haha it sure took its sweet time, time to put on the hood and start gaming, btw the download size is freaking huge...

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It's actually just over 1 GB, what you see is the installed size.

7. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I wonder, does anyone know if it is possible to wipe one's save from Game Center and start fresh again? I played this during soft launch, and my save from that time carried over, abd I haven't found a way to delete it and create a new profile yet.

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Check out the Squareface thread. There's a post from the developer near the end of the thread (right now) that mentions deleting a save game from iCloud in Settings. Who knows, maybe it works the same way for Ass Creed.

9. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    Haha, once more into the fray, my friend! I'm trying not to pump my expectations too high, as an Assassins Creed arpg on my device seems just too good to be true. Excuse me then, while I'm off to assassinate a few unsuspecting bystanders ;)

10. RomanReigns

RomanReigns Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    is it complete open world where you can do anything you want?

11. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Woke up saw its out finally
    And I'm getting the item no longer available message
    I'm in us App Store

12. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    ipod touch 5?

hi anyone yet tried it on an ipod touch 5? will it play at all?

13. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Thank you for the advice! I gave it a try, but that method doesn't work with this game, unfortunately. Oh well, I'll keep at it.

14. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I don't know about others but u can't play it since it's saying item no longer available
    For some reason I can find a list of devices that it works on
    It does say 7.0 or later required

15. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #75 Echoen, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    Oh man I instabought just because it's an AC game. Lol Hope it's decent

Huge edit (same as my next comment in the thread):

I had high hopes for the game but I expected too much as a long-time hardcore AC fan (I buy those limited editions and even repurchased the Playstation games on Steam). Sadly, it's not the mobile Assassin's Creed game I was waiting for. It's a distilled game made for the mobile scene requiring internet to play with a hub to do all the missions you've come to know in AC games, just without any story (no, the Codex doesn't cut it). It's ridiculously easy so the IAPs for only one of the two currencies serve nothing other than to give you costumes ASAP or to make the game an absolute walk in the park with a head start in gear. There's plenty of coins and the 2nd currency is purely from gameplay so don't fret about f2p p2w gripes.

The environments are beautiful and are somewhat simplified versions of the console renders. Characters are detailed and animations are copy-paste good. You just won't see multiple variants for actions or idle movement.

Basic movement is solid and actions are made easy for tapping with buttons. Platforming was my absolute favorite thing to do in the console/PC games because of how fluid it was. Ubisoft just couldn't nail the same feel here. I found it peculiar you can tap to move using the minimap like in RTS games (Edit: tap controls interfere with the virtual sticks). The system shows its shortcomings once you deal with verticality and finding edges you can drop off of. It becomes really clunky and restricted, not like on console where you could attempt to ascend anything or do a wall jump. Climbing buildings is automated but you can't hang and move sideways which is disappointing. I often found myself unable to do what I was accustomed to doing like leaping across a gap at an angle (there's no manual jump button), climbing down walls (you just fall down if you press down while auto climbing), among other nuisances. People also feel really small when you collide into them.

Edit: Next to platforming, battles are what I enjoyed most in the non-mobile platforms. If you've played a lot of the Assassin's Creed console/PC games, you'll quickly notice how watered down the battle controls feel. Parrying is also sluggish instead of instant because of the lengthy tap-hold delay. There's only one animation each for both high profile and low profile kills. I also wish there was a sprint button but it's restricted to a run/walk toggle.

Stealth is a thing but it wasn't implemented well, which I expected for a mobile game. It's best to just plow through every enemy since they all go down in 2 hits and don't call nearby reinforcements. Some objectives however do require you to maintain incognito.

They tried to jam every mission type into Identity since that's all you really do to grind for the most epic of items with ideal rolls ala Diablo. It would have been perfectly fine if the gameplay was better.

Rather hard for me to recommend but if you're really dying for some AC action on the go, albeit subpar and requiring internet, then this may be what you're looking for. For the curious, I've had 2 crashes so far on my iP6+. Probably memory leaks.

16. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    I'm not going to buy this or download it if it eventually goes free because i honestly don't care for the assassins creed games but I can totally see this going free to play. You don't just have coin packs available to buy for shits and giggles.

17. fast131

fast131 Member

Mar 11, 2015
    Assassin’s Creed Identity playable internet connection or not ? offline can play or not????

18. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Id like to know this as well

19. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Online only?!

Rumor has it that you will need to be connected to the internet to play Assassin's Creed Identity. Somebody please discredit me or accuse me of spreading false rumors!!! I'm soaked in gasoline, so by all means, please flame the hell out of me!!

20. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    You do need an internet connection to play. I just tested the game with Airplane mode and it doesn't work.