Universal Assassin's Creed Identity (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Feb 24, 2016.

1. jerrycollinz

jerrycollinz New Member

Mar 30, 2016
    Yep. You are right. You can't play the game twice and this is really bad. I am a little bit dissapointed:(

2. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    You can replay the campaign missions as many times as you like, but there really isn't much point. You need to play the Contracts to gain new skills, get new gear, and level up your character.

3. Samurix16

Samurix16 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Male
    USA
    Good news, new content is coming on the 18 of May!

4. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    #444 Candykiller, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
    Great news - I'm looking forward to playing in new locations. I've just been reading comments on the AC Identity Facebook page with lots of people complaining that the new content will cost $1.99. What is wrong with people these days, expecting everything for nothing? I will gladly pay for the new content. Brilliant game!

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I'll pay for it too. I understand that developing good updates has its costs. For me, the game's worth it.

6. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Don't worry, the people complaining are 99% kids and the rest are cheapskates.

7. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I'll be happy to pay for someone else's hard work. Especially if that work is more levels of Assassin's Creed!

8. BOWB4ZOD

BOWB4ZOD Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Director, Producer, Editor
    Ontario, Canada
    Does this game support Mfi controllers?

9. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    The update is out now. The new location looks great, and there are various new additions to the game in general including hidden treasure chests to discover in maps, new legendary items etc.

10. AeroSmash

AeroSmash Well-Known Member

May 11, 2015
    The new update great? Hahah no! You need to paid AGAIN for the second chapter.

DELETED! Bye Ubisoft

11. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    This is why we can't have nice things.

12. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    #452 TheMerc, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
    Personally, I don't mind the price tag on the new Forli content. Quite the opposite, paying for additional content is the norm everywhere else, and if anything, this is the sort of thing that should be implemented MORE.

However, and with the disclaimer that I haven't really spent a lot of time with the update (no more than a quick glance), does it bother anyone else that they added in a lot of IAP? Between the new class packages and the new outfits (which you can't unlock with in-game currency, from what I can tell), it feels like a step back from the refreshing direction the game seemed to have taken when it was released globally, going with a premium price and no IAPs. Plus, the EXP potions are a lot more expensive now - used to be 2.000 for 1 hour/7.500 for a day and 1 hour, now they're 12.000 for 10 victories/25.000 for 25 victories.

13. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I'd be curious to know if the items you buy in those new bundles are available by other means or if they're exclusive to the bundles. Either way it's not a huge deal to me as they seem pretty much optional but it'd be cool to know you could also earn some of that stuff through playing.

As for the potions, yeah they are a lot more expensive but I far prefer them being victory based rather than time based. I always hesitated using them because I'd never know if I'd really sit down and play for two hours and get my worth out of them, or if I didn't I'd feel like they were a waste. I like the way this is much better.

14. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I also much prefer this system. It makes a lot more sense than the time based potion system used previously.

15. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    #455 TheMerc, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
    I want to say you can't buy those items outside of the bundles - they don't seem to be among the new items on the Heroic Store - but I could be wrong. Either way, I'm a bit miffed to see all the new outfits locked behind paywalls, as they were the only noticeable visual thing you could change in your assassin.

I understand your reasoning, but personally, I feel the potions were already so cheap, and coins were so easy to earn once you got a decent rank in the Heroic Store, that it was almost inconsequential if you bought a 1-hour potion and wound up playing just one or two missions: you could easily win back the 2.000 you spent on the potion by playing one mission or selling one or two items you didn't need. I don't feel that's the case right now.

16. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I'm not sure that the items are available by other means or not, but in my case they all have a lower spec than the items I have equipped. I don't see much of a point in buying those IAP. As for the outfits, they might change the appearance of the assassin, but regarding power, it seems the most powerful is the one that can be bought through the red hero currency (or however it's called) when unlocking the last level of difficulty. Therefore, I don't quite see the need to buy those either.

Therefore, in a few words I have the feeling that the only IAP you really need to buy to have the complete game experience is the new $2 IAP to unlock chapter 2, which unlocks the new scenery and is a very nice addition, btw. Maybe I'm mistaken and somebody can enlighten me, but I don't see what's the point of buying consumable costumes which can be destroyed by forging and have a lower level than the one I already have equipped.

17. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    got the new update and wow look at all the 1 star review now. "5$ wasn't enough? Greedy developers!!"

18. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Greedy developers. It's ridiculous to expect ME to pay for YOUR hard work. I also refuse to pay for milk. I mean c'mon, I already bought a gallon from you greedy dairy farmers, all subsequent gallons should be free.

19. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Back to the game. If I never played AC on console, is this one good, especially, is it truly "free roaming"?

20. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Its free roaming in that you can go anywhere in a level, but levels are small. Its not true free roaming but there isnt a set path and its not on rails either.