Universal Assassin's Creed Identity (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    Ok, let us know their response. They'll probably get back at you tomorrow morning, I contacted them for an unrelated question and they were pretty fast to answer. I'm curious to know what they have to say about this, though...

2. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Wow. I've only got 308KB in my data on AC. Weird.

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I'm on iOS 7.1.2. Is anyone here on an iPad3 with iOS 7.1.2 too who can confirm me that they have the same device and iOS version as me, an their download is less than 960MB? Thanks.

4. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Well, the reply I got was useless. They said the required download is of 1.16GB as stated on the iTunes description. I don't know if they didn't understand me or they evaded the answer directly. I replied to them saying that what I'd like to know is why the installed size on most people's devices is 2.4GB-2.5GB while on my device it's 3.3GB. My guess is that it's something to do with the iOS version combined with the device and the fact that I'm jailbroken. Maybe it downloads all extra resources at once, instead of downloading them as needed.

I've noticed that in my device, shadows are simple circles under the character, while on the video I saw, if I'm not mistaken, shadows on last-gen devices are black silouettes projected on the floor as real shadows. Maybe there are extra low-res resources downloaded to the iPad3 so that it runs fluently, and those here with better devices don't need that extra assets download. Who knows...

5. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    As I imagined, it has to do with the assets and textures used. They said that depending on the device, it uses some resources or others. I guess that the normal iTunes download doesn't include the low-res textures needed in the old iPad 3, and those are downloaded from Ubisoft servers when required. In any case, even though I need an extra 3GB to enjoy the game, that's much better than not being able to play the game at all.

6. Squizzle535

Squizzle535 Active Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Earth. Probably.
    A tip for a few quick achievements:
    The doctor achievements (rank 1,2, and 3) can all be completed in a few minutes. If you find a doctor and are at full health just request healing. When you try to heal it says you are at full health and Doctor stays unused. Just request healing over and over and badabing badaboom achievements!
    The achievement is request healing not get healed.

7. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    Oh ok, you were right then. I thought that was what that app thining thing was all about, but yeah, it certainly is better then not playing at all!

8. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    App thinning only works with iOS 9 upwards though. That will be why the extra download is necessary for devices running iOS 7.

9. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I'm on iOS 8.4.1, and I've got well under 1MB of data. It seems like I've got the least amount. But thinning wasn't on iOS 8, right?

10. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Maybe they're not using app thinning in that case. It sounds more like they are detecting each device and downloading additional data from their own servers depending on the requirements. Who knows?

11. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    This is what I think. They are using app thinning, but the other way around: you download the basic pack, which goes up to 2.1GB installed. And then, according to the device & iOS you own, you get the extra download with the required archives.

12. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    @Boardumb: you were very right. The greatest part of this game arrives after you finish the tutorial-campaign. I've also gotta say that this is my second AC game I play, being the first AC the one for N-Gage, and I'm really enjoying the experience and random missions a lot. I guess the people who say "meh" are probably comparing it to the full console AC, right? This AC suits perfectly a portable device due to how quick you can perform the missions :)

13. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Yayyy, it seems that my original profile has returned.

14. bestkevin

bestkevin Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    #434 bestkevin, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    -Deleted-

15. Squizzle535

Squizzle535 Active Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Earth. Probably.
    #435 Squizzle535, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    First: IAP nowhere near being required or annoying. I'm to the last heroic level with $0 spent on IAP.
    Second: Are you throwing a tantrum over 5 bucks? How old are you?
    Third : I'm on a 5s and I rarely experience lag, and a quick restart fixes it. And it doesn't happens mid mission, unless I leave for awhile and it's not gamebreaking
    Fourth: ITS FIVE BUCKS!
    Fifth: I don't know because I did not make the game, but I have dabbled in programming, and that shit is not simple. It's time consuming, so if they think their work is worth five bucks that's pretty low.
    Sixth: I want to clear up something. I'm not a fanboy. This is my first AC game. I have gripes about this game *cough cough* controls *cough cough*. But it's five bucks and the complaints you brought up are just whiny (except maybe the lag. I don't know your OS so I'm not gonna judge on that one)

Edit: I wanted to check first and here it is:
    image.jpeg

See that? This is the App Store. In the description it says online connection required. If you don't like that, they told you and you could have not paid.

16. Marcel_GE

Marcel_GE Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Germany
    How can I reset the game? Deleting the app and deleting the game in Game Center doesn't work.

In iCloud there is also no AC: Identity Data or Savegame.

So, what should I do now? I want to restart the game, just like the 1st start of the app ever.

17. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I don’t think you can reset the game. Your username and progress is saved to Ubisoft’s own servers and it will always be retrieved and used in the game whether you delete the app or not.

18. Marcel_GE

Marcel_GE Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Germany
    @Candykiller

This means, you can't change your character or rename it?

Am I right, when I say you can't play the game twice because you can't delete your savegame at the end of the campagne?

19. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    One of the moderators here on the forum sent an email to Ubisoft asking if it's possible to change your username, and they said that it can't be done. That's your username though. It is possible to delete assassins and create new ones with different names.

20. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    The campaign is just a tiny part of the game. It's the Contracts that make up the majority of the game and the missions are never ending.