Universal Assassin's Creed Identity (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Feb 24, 2016.

1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    So it's a full download update? If I can keep playing without it, I'm going to because in order to free that kind of space I have to either delete something I've poured a ton of time into or delete AC itself. Ugh. Hate these kind of updates. I'd much rather it be not a full download.

2. Squizzle535

Squizzle535 Active Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Earth. Probably.
    Try deleteing and redownloading, that usually helps

3. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    Yeah, I think you're better of deleting AC and downloading it again. The game is saved on their servers, so you won't lose anything.

4. Squizzle535

Feb 24, 2016
    Earth. Probably.
    I deleted and redownloaded for update and I got progress back, but I lost all codex entries

5. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    That's terrible. I guess I'll keep waiting.

6. Squizzle535

Feb 24, 2016
    Earth. Probably.
    Can I just say : Parkour contracts can burn in HELL! They wouldn't be so bad if there weren't challenges to do them

7. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    They aren't that hard. Try and start moving before your opponent. If you feel like you can't beat them at all, just throw a smoke bomb before your competitor starts to run, haha. Seriously, that works, it's just not challenging at all. It is fun, though :D

8. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    And who made you the Lord High Executioner of the mobile games market?

9. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    If the app remains installed. Which is certainly not guaranteed given the fixed storage space on ios devices and the size of this app.

10. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    They had the arquebus, at least.

11. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    You're soooo right. I can assure you that at 3.2GB installed on my old 16GB iPad 3, as soon as I finish the story mode and play several random missions, I'll be done with it. Btw, it performs quite well on my old iPad3. Not 60fps-smoothness, but fully playable. Very impressive for a several-years old device.

12. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Hmmmm, are you actually enjoying what you've played so far or are you just beating the campaign to beat it? Because pretty much everything great about this game is what happens AFTER the campaign, which isn't really more than a glorified tutorial. The fun is in unlocking and doing new contract types and leveling up your assassin(s) with new gear and abilities. All of this stuff takes a lot of playing though, and dare I say *grinding* :eek:

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with just beating the campaign and moving on, especially with device space being limited. However I went from thinking "this is pretty cool" while playing the campaign to "OMG I want to play Asscreed every free moment I have" once I started really digging into the contract missions, character leveling, and all the additional stuff you unlock through the Heroic shop.

So, if you do like the game a lot I'd suggest hanging with it well after the campaign is beaten to see if it grips you like it has myself and others.

13. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Well, I'm actually enjoying a lot what I've played so far, so I'll take your advice and continue well after the campaign mode. Thanks! :)

14. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    Wait, what, 3.2 gbs, really? On my mini2 it's "only" 2.1gb.

15. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Yeah, it's 2.2 GB on my iPad Pro.

16. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #416 VirtualBoyFreak, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    Well, it says 2.1GB installed, but it has nearly another GB which it downloaded the first time I opened it after installing. It said something like "downloading new data" and a "960MB" label appeared inside the loading wheel. It was a countdown of the downloaded extra data that came with the last update. Check the attached image.

@Boardumb: thanks, I finished the campaign and you were right, the core of the game is the missions mode. It sure is "grinding", but in the good way IMO because they are randomized missions with primary and secondary objectives. There sure are hours of gameplay here. In the end I deleted XCOM: EW because I didn't use it too much anyway. If I want it back, I'll reinstall from iTunes :D

Attached Files:

17. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    That's strange, my app only has an additional 68.6 MB in the Documents & Data section.

18. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Maybe it has to do with assets or something according to the iOS version. I'm running 7.1.2. Maybe it uses something which on iOS8+ is implemented and doesn't need to be downloaded... Dunno, just a guess.

19. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    #419 Warriv, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    Ouch, that's weird, mine's only 17 mb?

Edit:

Oh, maybe that's why? Anyone else with 7.1.2 care to check it out?

Edit 2: completely unrelated, but I just noticed we have exactly the same free space :D

Attached Files:

20. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I've just sent a mail to the support center. Hopefully they'll get in touch soon.