Universal Asphalt Xtreme (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Oct 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    I hope Freeloft creates a Java emulator for iOS and make new Java games cause even that is way better than their new products.

2. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    I dont know from where all the hate comes, the game is really good, i have allready 15 hours in it.

Whoever complains about the timers, didnt even played the game.

There are no hard timers that wont let you play, after a few races with a car you need to change oil in it and that takes about 30 minutes for class C cars. But you can still play with your other cars in the meantime.

Im f2p and have allready 15 cars, so i dont even notice the oil change timer.

And you cant stick with just 1 car, to complete the campain mission you need to play with every car you have.

3. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

You're missing the point, the older games didn't have timers in the first place. Maybe it's acceptable for you, but with the limited amount of cars to choose from along with the timers, and the fact that there's no other mode to test out the cars without using oil, is annoying.

4. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Agreed. I can deal with all the other F2P elements of the game and would even spend some cash on it if it weren't for the timers. I did on A8 but I won't here because of that.

5. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    #65 spleen, Nov 3, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    The timers halt progress.

Yes, you can always go back to a different vehicle and play other races, but fairly quickly you get to a point where you only have races left for one or two vehicles that still offer rewards. While waiting for oil changes on those you can go back and play old races for a whopping <300 credits and no bonus rewards, or spend more money on old vehicles to progress in it's specific mastery series.

I've been stuck at ~175,000 credits for several days now, I need to save 315,000 before I can make any real progress but the game wont let me. If I want to keep playing I need to keep spending credits on things I don't need right now (at the point I'm at, credits invested upgrading my cars for mastery races are essentially wasted, they don't unlock enough new content to earn them back). If I wanted to speed this up with real money I'd need to shell out $15 AU - this is just for enough credits to buy a single car, the cheapest/earliest in it's class, in the Amateur series.

6. Fabien_Gameloft

Fabien_Gameloft Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Well I am almost 100% positive that the game will be supporting more and more controlers with each update on every platform. So please hang on!

7. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    Great fun for an hour then I lost interest due to timers etc. While it lasted it was ace, though.

I'm not a rabid anti-f2p hater, but this really would have been a tidy release as a premium.

Oh well.

8. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    Well,I guess we will see the game die soon.Asphalt 8 also had a f2p model but it never limited your playtime over oil changes,so that is why the game has been going on for all this time without losing the majority of the player base while with Xtreme,Gameloft really tried to see how much further it can push IAP on us and now they are about to find out just like Fishlabs before them,that people are a little upset when it comes down to timers.That is why Galaxy on Fire 3 is in the process of removing timers and making the overall game more user friendly.

Earning money is understandable but timers are not the way to do it.Limiting playtime is absurd and this strategy will never make it no matter who tries to push it down our throats.

Again-no feedback of ours matters to Gameloft but when they start losing money they will listen :)

9. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    So far I am having tons of fun with this game and I stopped playing after almost an hour. So far nothing stopped me from doing so.
    Got 3 machines (the monster truck is heaps of fun!) and completed the first 2 seasons (almost half way through in the 3rd) in the rookie series.
    Also tried the mastery series and completed the first one of that section.
    Content gets thrown in your face faster than you can chew so far, so I really hope that won't drop as timers and other things become longer and longer.
    Love this game more than the traditional Asphalt series as the races are nice and short, yet the tracks indeed give this Motorstorm vibe giving you so many parts of the track to explore each time. And this gets extended even more as the monster truck can bash through walls giving access to new parts not accessible to the other classes.
    My iPad doesn't always have free WiFi to tap into when on the road, so that is always a hurdle with this always online games. It's why I still cling to premium titles the most as I barely play on my mobile device when sitting at home.
    Will keep playing it and see how the F2P will treat me down the line. It would be a shame if it would get Real Racing 3 bad, as this was tons of fun for many hours in the beginning too were it's now plain impossible to finish everything without spending TONS of real money.

10. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Well, it's Asphalt 8 minus any actual asphalt. That alone is kinda interesting, but then when I reached the RR3 maintenance timer wall (in this case, "oil change") I deleted it. Asphalt 8 lets you play as much as you want, this one, not so much.

11. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Why does this game have so many fans. It looks like every other f2p racing game.
    Why not play premium racing games

12. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    Slim pickings. NFS Most Wanted, Sega + Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Rush Rally 2 and I guess Riptide GP: Renegade. If you know of another similar quality premium rally-style racer I'm all ears.

To further clarify what I've been trying to get across RE: the oil timers - they don't stop you playing the game. There's always going to be a car ready to race, so you can play almost as much as you like. It's just that the races available for those cars aren't necessarily going to be the ones you need to be doing to progress. So you'll earn very few credits (a little more than the upkeep cost of your cars for the oil) and nothing else for you time. What they do is restrict your access to the vehicles and races you need to be doing to progress - the only time you earn a worthwhile amount credits is when first completing the goals for each race.

13. gaymerX

gaymerX Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2014
    I refuse to play anything that still uses the word "XTREME"... how unoriginal can you get. :)

14. Anonomation

I don't agree with you on that. I don't know how far you've gotten but the management between upgrading my cars enough and oil changes, while needing specific cars for races is catching up.

That's another problem, the car upgrades go from sub 1,000 to 9,000 to 17,000 or Gameloft credits only.

15. Anonomation

Well your username is GaymerX, isn't that kind of ironic?

16. hoodwinkedfool

hoodwinkedfool Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2011
    I really enjoyed the last entry. Does this one have integrated twitch?

Lol

17. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    When i been doing multiplayer a few times i seen my oil not decrease but in fact increase by large amount clearly its not a glitch as its happen a few times now (i assume its not) so anyone know what triggering the increase

18. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I'm having a blast with this great graphics and fun events.

19. RedThumb

RedThumb Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2016
    Still I haven't even seen anything else but the loading screen.
    Every single time, I only get this message.

Asphalt 8 runs fine, so does everything else.

That's what you get from always online freemium crap :-(

Attached Files:

20. Fabien_Gameloft

Fabien_Gameloft Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    #80 Fabien_Gameloft, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    What kind of internet conection are you using please? What is your device?

Edit: If you are on iOS, please try to log out from Gamecenter. Omnce you are out, log in and try to paly the game. This might fix the issue.