Universal Asphalt Xtreme (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Oct 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I've had no noticeable framerate drops on my 6S+. Gameloft is pretty notorious for not having their games completely optimized for all devices at release though so I would hope that it would eventually be addressed.

2. Morolord

Morolord Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
    Having a lot of fun with this! You can really feel the sense of speed and the tracks are great. :D

3. Fabien_Gameloft

Fabien_Gameloft Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    #24 Fabien_Gameloft, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    Glad to read that you like the game! Let me know if you have any other feedback, suggestion, or issue please.

Yes, the game still need a bit of polish. Glitches and bugs will be fixed before the release of the game. However, if you care to report them, feel free to do in this thread or on the official forum: https://forum.gameloft.com/viewforum.php?f=2158

Upgrading is essential, but more cars will certainly be added to the game wit each update.

Thanks for sharing, I am letting the developers know about this.

4. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    I don't think the general feedback was good especially when most people argued about the oil change system but I guess Gameloft takes in only the positive.

5. Fabien_Gameloft

Apr 8, 2014
    #26 Fabien_Gameloft, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    @dunhila, I am definitely sharing that feedback about the oil with the Xtreme Team. Thanks for pointing it out once more.

6. Fabien_Gameloft

Apr 8, 2014
    To anyone having 'frame rate drop' issues, please could you let me know what is your device? Thank you!

7. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

iPhone 5C

8. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    Ipad mini 4,I stated it previously.

9. steramaction

steramaction New Member

Oct 27, 2016
    Ipad air 2

10. Fabien_Gameloft

Apr 8, 2014
    Ok, thanks for sharing. You probably know it but, I have to ask anyway: Have you made sure that there isn't too many other applciations runing in the background? If there is, please close them. The game should be smoother.

11. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    No background applications running on mine,still having performance issues.
    Btw I know the oil change timer ain't going a way,Gameloft needs to make money on their games,I am aware of that.However is there a chance we at least discuss the prices of the cars/car bundles?Isn't there a way for us to get all cars if we are paying over 90 dollars on a mobile game?Or at least throw in some extra cars in each bundle!

12. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    I'm surprised how slow this thread is, I guess Gameloft really have driven off most users with their aggressive freemium titles. Soft-launch probably doesn't help either, but anyone that wants to will find a way around it.

As for the framerate, I'm getting very rare drops in normal races but in the first race of the championship series in amateur with the sandstorm, the whole race feels very choppy. This is on a 7 Plus.

13. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    They have driven a lot of people away,no question about it.This thread just now hit 4 pages of comments and it's because the same 2-3 people comment on here(me being one of them),so it is going really slow,there is no excitement for this game.I have also looked over Gameloft's facebook and see how little likes and comments their posts get compared to previous years.Gameloft became just another game developer that doesn't stand out in the mobile market anymore,they are just like everyone else.The PR of Gameloft is also horrible,on their YT channel for a while there were only videos in Portuguese or something,no English whatsoever.Also this dude Fabien comes in here once every 2-3 weeks to communicate and I am not sure how much feedback he actually gathers.

As I get further into Asphalt Xtreme,I do find that the oil change timer on my R5 is now 14 minutes.This is for the second rally car and I had just started the second career progression.I bet that after another 30 minutes of playing,I will find a vehicle with 30 minutes oil change timer and then it will be time to uninstall the game.

14. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    Oops, meant Rookie championship for the performance issues. I've just started on Amateur, too. The oil timers were manageable in Rookie, do a race or two in another car and its ready again. Probably wont be the case with these longer timers, and it's not very rewarding going back and doing old races - no cards and very few credits. Maybe once multiplayer starts working for me that can fill the downtimes...we'll see. It'll be a shame if it gets much worse, the actual racing is really fun.

15. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    For people without a Dk or PH account it's also out in Canada and the Netherlands now.

16. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

There isn't even a quick race mode. I wouldn't complain if there was a quick race mode that uses no oil.

I was enjoining this, but I had the feeling that the timers would grow later on. That's very unfortunate. As soon as I hit them I think I'll have to uninstall.

17. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    Also let's not forget some vehicles you can buy only with those Gameloft Credits,so that means if you want them-real money has to be given,it's very hard to gather the credits if not impossible for these vehicles.

Also there is a huge difference in price in some vehicles early on that you can buy with standard currency and with the game taking money for the oil change and it becoming more frequent with the better vehicles you buy-I doubt anyone will be able to finish the game without spending real cash unless he is some sort of ultra pro player that never needs to retry a race.

Also some of these secondary objectives start getting really hard to achieve early on like 20 seconds of continues nitro,I am a casual gamer to be honest and am finding it difficult to achieve without the extra nitro bar bonus that uses that Gameloft currency.

18. Jmartinez41

Jmartinez41 Member

Sep 19, 2014
    Use the beginning of a race for the 20 second nitro time. Nitro in the beginning, take down car, nitro repeat. You should have that 20 right at the start of a race:)

19. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    I think I'm still having fun, but there's a bit of a wall in the amateur series as you need a muscle car to finish off most of the sets - the cheapest of which is 315,000 credits. Between winning races, changing oil, and upgrading older cheaper cars to be competitive I'm pretty much stuck at ~170,000 credits. The oil timers are still not a huge issue but this is pretty much the beginning of the game - just very drawn out by the cost of this single car...