iPad Asphalt update??

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by signed sealed saint, Nov 4, 2008.

1. signed sealed saint

signed sealed saint Active Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I bought Asphalt the other day, great game, but controls are shocking. The accellerometre (or however u spell it) isn't sensitive at all, i have to turn it so much that my game turns portrait, it's ridiculous. Is there an upcoming update at all? Also what control scheme do you use (i have to stick with steering wheel)? Cheers

2. jlake02

jlake02 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Manager
    Los Angeles
    There was already an update intended to fix the steering, lol. I like the game personally and find it fun to play.

3. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

The update replaced the too sensitive controls with what we have now :(.

4. signed sealed saint

Oct 26, 2008
    Oh shit, they better change the steering again coz its SHOCKING

5. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    But there are three different settings for steering.. have you tried them all? I would say the controls are perfect... i've handed my phone to people to try asphalt and they've all caught on after a lap or so... maybe try the other options?

My best times are with the tapping left and right for steering... not the accelerometer..

6. Hannes

Hannes Member

Oct 30, 2008
    But should I buy Asphalt 4? I think in 2 or 3 weeks NFS: Undercover do come for the iPod. Should I buy Asphalt 4 now or should I wate for NFS: UC?

7. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Just wait for NFS and see how that controls. For myself, I stopped playing Asphalt after the last update because I hate the new steering sensitivity and I can't believe that Gameloft doesn't let us set up our own value of sensitivity.

8. signed sealed saint

Oct 26, 2008
    I bought Asphalt yesterday, it's pretty awesome. I'm getting Undercover anyways coz i'm probs gunna finish asphalt. Buy both, they're awesome games

9. Kumulus

Kumulus Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    i dont use the accelerometer controls......i steer by tapping the screen on the left or right and this works perfect for me.

if you want a good acc. control try powerboat racing. it just feels natural there.

10. wilson

wilson Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Canada, ON
    i made this stearing wheel out of wood and it has a thing in the middle to fit my ipod and ashphalt 4 is the oly realistic racing game i have and it always crashes and turns so shit with the accelerometer so im sad now :( i gess ill just play jelly car and crash cart :(

11. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    You are my hero.

12. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    I just don't understand the comments about the steering... I'm no better at the game then you guys....

What methods are you using? I've had best luck with tapping for left and right... I feel like it couldn't be any easier to control... definitely better than super monkey ball, cro mag, starsmasher, and bugdom....

What am I missing? I am not a fan of accelerometer controls FYI so I avoid them at all costs..

Why should i play every game sitting down?!

13. wilson

wilson Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Canada, ON
    if u want to see how badd ass my stearing wheel i call (iwheel:baddass edition) the hole thing is flat cuz i made a hole where the ipod goes.

Attached Files:

14. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    That is amazing. By far the best card-board-made steering wheel i've seen in my life, and i've seen like 2...

15. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    That is more elaborate than I could possibly have imagined. Truly badass.

16. wilson

wilson Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Canada, ON
    its wood.... i had to use a table saw, sanding belt a dremel rubber hammer and chisel.. not an easy job (5 hours of free time i had) and shh with the sarcasm :(

17. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    I wasn't being sarcastic. That really is one bitchin' wheel (yes, i'm bringing the 70s back). And yes, i've seen some steering wheels made out of card-board before. Good stuff there man, keep on truckin'...

18. wilson

wilson Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Canada, ON
    ITS WOOOD LOOK CLOSLY its russian ply wood

Attached Files:

19. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Damnit. I understand. What i was saying is that i assumed it was card-board based on the fact that i've seen some card-board wheels before, which in turn caused me write the first post and now i know urs is wood and to which i say "keep on trukin'"...

20. signed sealed saint

Oct 26, 2008
    Well this has gone well and entruly off topic. So does anyone know about an upcoming update for the game?? Also i love accelerometre steering and it takes a big chunk away from the game since i can't use it. I use steering wheel atm and it's just not the same.