Out Now Asphalt 8: Airborne+ (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Jul 27, 2021.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Update is live, yay! Now to check what they fixed (and what they broke... Lol!)

Skall likes this.
  2. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Ok gotcha yeah it’s the latest iPad Pro so there should be no issues if you were on iPhone 12 and no issues I’m assuming they have fixed the thermal throttling on all devices but I’ll check the back more closely

3. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ

So far so good. The only issue I ever had was the Alps track season 4.
    Since yesterday’s fix, the game no longer crashes.

(Ipad Pro 2021, IPad Air, 2019.)

4. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Everything is okay now from season 1 to 8. I've already achieved all the stars in those. I'm still missing quite a few season 9 cars and races, but I've done around 70 races with Pro cars in season 9 and those are okay too. The only issues I still see are achievements such as "Pro 5 cars", which are not counting for me. I guess I'll have to open another ticket for those, but I want to advance more to try and report as many as possible in that ticket.

5. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Let's see if I can stay there the next two days... Lol!

Attached Files:

6. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Did it! FWIW... Lol!

Attached Files:

Skall and Taeles like this.
  7. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I'm so tired of hackers in Asphalt 8... Even in Asphalt 8+ there are hackers, and I can't understand why Gameloft doesn't do anything to stop them (at least nothing I can clearly see). It's not a fact of winning or losing against them, because I win many times, it's just that I can't cope with them.

And this time around, they are so easily identifiable that I just can't understand Gameloft inaction. In Asphalt 8+ we have the Arash AF10, which is obtained by completing all the career points (9,000 in total). The thing is that the career is bugged, and there are some achievements that are unachievable (for example PRO'ing cars, which doesn't work because I have many cars PRO'ed and the counter is still at 0), so all the people you see in the game competing with the Arash AF10 have hacked the game because the car is just impossible to get in the game's current form.

Therefore, if there is any Gameloft member around reading this, it would be nice to see some measures taken to avoid hackers, or at least give an explanation of the measures you take to avoid this kind of behaviour in the game.

8. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    So they updated A8+ with new cars and multiplayer, but now Game Center doesn't log in and mastery races are locked unless you have enough upgrades applied, which doesn't work well with the free upgrades you get through mastery. In other words: with the first 2 free upgrades you don't unlock the 3rd race, so you need to buy upgrades in any case... Why does Gameloft always break things in the updates?...

9. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I’ve logged in about 48 hours of single player gameplay. Tells you pretty much that I love this title.

I also have the same issue with the Game Center login. I’m sure it will be fixed.

10. DonnyDJ76

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    The issue was internal and the new version went live before multiplayer events had begun.

11. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    But now the events don't work well either: in playing the daily events but it says I'm "unranked" even though I have one of the best times. When I want to claim them the first time, I get a "no internet available error", and when I try to claim them a second time, it says "rewards already claimed".

They've screwed up the game again... Did you notice there's no season 9 race for the new cars? They should have them, since I remember for example the new Bentley GT 3 had the season 9 race in Transylvania in the original Asphalt 8, but in this one they've forgotten to add them to all the new cars. They've updated the game and added so many bugs...

12. Ksmack

Ksmack Active Member

Aug 11, 2021
    Male
    Awesome. Always wanted a premium asphalt. Best racer now on mobile hands down. Fast. Gorgeous. No freemium crap. Love it

13. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Am I the only one who's experiencing this? I got a good time to win all the items, but it says "without qualification". In a few hours, when the event is claimable, I'll get a "network error", followed by a "event already claimed" error. This has been happening since the update. Already reported it, but without success...

Attached Files:

14. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    And here goes the error. 5 days of rewards lost...

Attached Files:

15. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #35 VirtualBoyFreak, Mar 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    A bunch of A8+ players including myself, are looking for more players so as to organize MP races and not be in the rooms for ages waiting for players. We have a discord chat for it. PM me if you're interested.

16. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #36 VirtualBoyFreak, Apr 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    PM me if you want to come to A8+ discord.