Universal Asphalt 8: Airborne - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 21, 2013.

1. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    Running slow for anyone else on a new iPad Pro 10.5"?

2. GhostDog099

GhostDog099 New Member

Jul 19, 2017
    Me too and the game is running really slow

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #17043 VirtualBoyFreak, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    What devices/iOS are you using? I'm on an SE with iOS 10.3.1 and everything is fine.

EDIT: motorbikes are coming to Asphalt 8. It's not the first time motorbikes appear in the Asphalt series, and I'm curious to know how they implement helicopter and barrel spins with motorbikes.

4. RealisticArcadeSimulator

RealisticArcadeSimulator Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2018
    forced update screen coming up while offline (even after a reinstall)

Hey, had an older version (2.2.2) of asphalt 8 on one my hdds and wanted to use it for some offline playing on my SE. Since I know that this old version is only good for that as it wouldn't connect to the gameservers. Anyway, all went well up until 1 time I forgot to fully quit the app before I turned wifi on...sure enough, it pushed the "forced update" screen to my face...no problem - I thought - killed the app from multitasking and went offline to restart it. To my surprise the blocking update screen came up again. Uninstalled the app the reinstalled from the same (legit) ipa file and after restart the update screen came up again, even though the phone was offline the whole time.
    How is it possible for the app to leave any data in the system after I uninstalled it? I guess there is no other way gameloft could have achieved this than leaving a "mark" file that evades game uninstall and upon reinstall tells the game that it's not updated to the latest version.
    Any ideas how can I make this work again?
    Thanks

***update: if anyone still has an a5 device with ios 9 like me: I snatched the 1.0.1 version from the app store via itunes using the charles proxy method and the game runs fine (lang has to be se to something else than eng then back so it wouldn't ask about it again, and dealing with one hiccup/game start, maybe it asks something from ios that ios 5 answered and 9 won't) and brings up good memories, it won't connect to gameloft so no online aspect at all, but the career is playable and all cars can be won, they are much cheaper then in a current version***