Universal Asphalt 8: Airborne - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 21, 2013.

1. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Looks like the Arash's acceleration is bad even when maxed out (Rev ghost's video) which means it's a bad multiplayer car. It also has a lower speed modifier (86%) than other top S class cars. I don't know if I want to continue tbh.

2. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Wow I logged in everyday for the past month but the game skipped the 31st for me and didn't give me the Ferrari reward.

I think I'm done with this game, too many little bugs like this, the money grubbing. I've put in $100 for the past 2 months and all I got was infinitely more grinding of the same track over and over. Seriously, why isn't there a way to grind with the new cars I farmed for? My maxed out Trion basically sits in the garage for no reason.

Don't get me wrong, the cars, gameplay and graphics are excellent, it's just that I should've known what a freemium game like this is before diving in again (funny thing about calling it freemium is I actually paid 99c for this game when it first came out). The bug was the last straw in a long list of little bugs and infinite grinding, I'm a little sad to say this game is no longer for me.

For anyone still enjoying this game, hope you continue and happy new year guys. And shoutout to VirtualBoyFreak for his immense help and replies :)

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I understand you. I've invested a lot in this game too, and I play daily, but not as much as before. I take it as something to enjoy daily in small doses, rather than try to complete everything asap. That way it's much better ;)

4. Asphalt Str

Asphalt Str Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2015
    @TicTac
    You need to contact Customer Care from in game, about your daily reward lost, explain your situation and I'm sure they'll send you the car, you just need to be patient.

5. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    There's an event at the moment which grants you up to 1650 asphalt blue coins just for playing it, along with a credit doubler and several other things. Worth giving it a look if you're into this game.

6. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Local multiplayer doesn't work any more :-(

We used to play the local multiplayer since Asphalt 6 I believe. It was indeed the most intensive gaming experience of all times and of all platforms for us. Have a look at my previous postings (a long time ago) in this very thread.

Now, after more than one year, we tried it once more and wasted almost one hour to get it to work. No way. That's a bummer and we couldn't believe it! The option is hidden behind the lines symbol (with the plus sign; above right) > "local Wifi". It lets create a room, but this room won't show up on the other devices, no joining possible. "Racers unavailable." Two iPad Pros and one iPhone 7 with the latest iOS. WiFi: The latest Apple AirPort Extreme (we switched it off and on several times).

It was a rock solid thing and we played it (Asphalt 8 local mp) almost to death for weeks and months (with the same account on all devices). It worked fine for years literally.

We would love to hear of your experiences. Did you get A8 local multiplayer to work recently? Is there any other racing game with local mp working? Thx in advance.

7. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I suggest you contact customer care. The last update introduced bugs. I already reported some, but I didn't know about this one you mention.

8. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Local multiplayer is working again since the update from yesterday. :)

9. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Yeah, and instant nitro activation when starting a race too! It sure has improved.

10. mlibbey

mlibbey Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    Crashes

Asphault 8 (latest -- 2.9.0) on iOS 10.2.1 (iphone 7+) is crashing each time I launch for the first time. That is:
    - I launch A8. It gets through Gameloft black screen and partailly loads the welcome screen and the GameCenter welcome banner, then crashes
    - I relaunch A8, and can start interacting with a8 (no crash).

11. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Yes, it happens to me too. Not much trouble because Kurt loads fast, but there's something wrong for sure, and it's not only you.

12. Slacknsurf420

Slacknsurf420 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    After a long hiatus I am back playing Asphalt8 iOS.

I returned to my Renault Sport R.S. 01 and fixed it to Pro Rank 5/0/5/0 when I got that final V6 this morning!

The Renault is actually really fast still and while people will knock me over from time to time I will catch up really quickly.

This car takes turns so fast, it has a really high base top speed so drifting is super quick

Just don't make mistakes! The acceleration is the car's worst stat, but I've broken records with it.

13. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Wow, never thought that I'd be able to win the Lamborghini Asterion through the video ads, but I just won it this morning! :)

14. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I did it! I finally did it! I won a car in an official Asphalt competition! I thought it would be impossible, but I finally won the MP4/8. The best part of all is that one of the single player tracks in the F1 races of this car is in Patagonia... Yeah! :)

Attached Files:

15. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    The MP4/8 outstands nearly every other B class car, even if the stats are lower. On class C, the Alpine is the best of all... What makes you think the cars in that web are the best cars? Oh, and BTW, welcome to the forums.

16. mlibbey

mlibbey Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    "no internet connection available"

Over the last several days, I haven't been able to do any pro kit upgrades because Asphalt 8 says 'No internet Connection Available", despite it being able to:
    - record times in events
    - track proto keys used
    - track event fuel used
    - display ads
    - participate in multiplayer events
    - view top 100 results/nearby results in events
    - view the customer care pages
    (etc)
    This happens:
    - at home, both wifi and LTE
    - at work (at a well-known large technology company
    in the SF. Bay Area, California.
    My guess is that there is some server (or DNS name) that is dedicated to this task that is down for folks in California.

17. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    When there's irregular wifi connection, or even irregular 3G/4G connection, the game does weird things. I'm in the process of claiming my Sunday event rewards because their server considers I claimed the rewards, but they weren't added to my account. The only way of getting the game to work well in my case is playing at 2 meters from the wifi router, or using 3G. The problem with the latter is that multi-player isn't available.

18. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
  19. Hynee

Hynee New Member

Jun 3, 2014
    I've installed the Porsche update, but now I can't do events or multiplayer, both timeout searching for updates.