Universal Asphalt 8: Airborne - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 21, 2013.

1. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    #16981 TicTac, Oct 28, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    What is the absolute value for money car I should buy if I wanted to spend some real world cash? I'm referring to a car that will let me grind lots of credits so I can buy most of the rest. I've just unlocked season 7 without spending money.

Also what do pro boxes do? Is the latest halloweeen box worth it?

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Pagani Huayra. That's my choice. The season 9 race is in London and grants 5k for 1st position in a one-lap race which can be done in 56 seconds most of the times. The only thing is you need to upgrade the car to max to race the season 9.

3. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    How about the W Motors Lykan Hypersport? Asking because it has better stats (other than nitro) and has a 30% discount right now.

4. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #16984 VirtualBoyFreak, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    I used that one long ago to grind, but it was a 2-lap race in season 8 and it only granted 5k credits. I've just bought the Lykan again using the 30% discount and grinding a bit with the Huayra (my old savegame was lost many months ago). That one is a good car too.

EDIT: just checked season 9 and the Huayra race is better. It takes less than a minute to win 5k. The Lykan race is about 1m30s. It's better/faster the Huayra race for grinding.

5. Robin_Hood

Robin_Hood New Member

Oct 31, 2016
    Local wifi race - no of laps

How to increase no of laps in local wifi races. 1 lap races ends quickly it will be more fun if it can be increased to 2 laps or 3 laps tO play with friends. Please help.

6. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Maybe it's just me but the Huarya is a terrible car for racing. Any slight bump on the road = crash. Any bump by an opponent = crash. Incredibly frustrating.

7. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I'm permanently traumatised by the number of crashes.

8. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I don't have problems with it. I have it fully upgraded though.

9. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Maybe it's because I'm unfamiliar with S class cars, but god every slight touch against another car has a 50% chance of leading to a crash. It's so easy for the opponent to change the direction of my car in an unexpected way I don't even want to take them out in case I crash immediately after.

I get knockdown = crash
    I knock down others = crash

Christ.

10. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    S-cars are very difficult to handle, and device specs play a big role in their handling too. I used to play on a 4S, but now I'm on an iPhone SE and there's such a difference that it seems you're playing two different games.

11. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I'm playing on the 7+ with touch controls (nitro and brake on both sides). I did notice the controls went to sh** when I switched from the 6 to the 7+. It's like 25% of the time I press turn but nothing happens and I crash. This is probably because of the bigger screen. Very frustrating.

12. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Welp I discovered the problem, it wasn't the car or the big screen, it was force touch. I disabled it in settings and suddenly the touch feedback improved, I was finally able to turn when I wanted.

Here I was spending 5 hours trying to master the shiny new car I bought thinking I suck... It was my unfamiliarity with the 3D Touch controls all along! Since then I've unlocked the final season, maxed the car (not fully pro yet) :p

13. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Very tempted to spend to fully upgrade the Huayra to Pro... Is there any way I can upgrade without spending more?

[​IMG]

14. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    My first elite car SO COOL

[​IMG]

15. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Sorry, but you're missing the V12 engine. You won't be able to upgrade without it.

Yeap, I also got that one a few days ago. The thing I don't like is that after 3 races you have to retune and it takes 2h or so. It's better to have a non-tunable car of each class too.

16. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Guess I'll wait for the next sale. Too bad I missed the Halloween box.

I'm discovering that as well. Does this happen to all elite cars? Thankfully I've 5 starred almost all C class races so it won't be a big problem.

17. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I think so. All the tune-up cars I've played with (I only own the Mercedes, but some timed events let you play with tunable cars) have the same 2-hour problem.

18. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Mastery 14 for the Huayra has the exact same track as season 9 Huayra, except it has no nitro powerups and gives 5.7k instead of 5k for first place.

Also I did 13 flat spins in one jump in Dubai accidentally. Never seen more than 5 before that.

19. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    There are several places where you can get those accidental mega spin numbers. I've had them happen in Great Wall, Guiana (corner-crash against the big launch platforms that move while doing a flat spin) and others I can't remember. They are amazing when you get to do them ;)

20. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    #17000 TicTac, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    I had a lot of problems doing the Guiana flat spin mission (4 in one jump). I'll give that a try.

[​IMG]

It was cheaper to max the Huayra than to upgrade this B class car :O

Also I've been doing the mastery missions for the elite cars, I find that I get more uses out of the car after every tuneup. The bars decrease slower each time.