Universal Asphalt 8: Airborne - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 21, 2013.

1. quailstorm

quailstorm Active Member

Oct 3, 2014
    It'd not be nice and fair if all car cups are upgraded in the future, though I won the Donkervoort...

Also, remember that until the very last day upgrading the car sent you to cheaterboard. We have to wait until the next car cup to see it clearer. Sometimes I feel even GL doesn't know what they want.

2. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    Asphalt 8 crashed on home screen

@Fabien

Since this morning Asphalt 8 for iOS crashes every time I start it. It only crashes when it's on it's main screen (home screen) and the Wi-Fi is turned on. If the Wi-Fi is turned off or if I am fast enough to tap somewhere then the app works but nothing that requires an existing connection to the servers work: time-limited events, EDD and multiplayer are all inaccessible. These are basically the only games modes I play, and now my EDD progress is at risk, and I have to miss the time-limited events. Maybe just today, maybe forever, until the bug is fixed. :(

My theory is that the crash comes from the VIP module, caused by an "off by one" day bug.

VIP is usually the first thing that appears when I start the app in the morning, showing "today's reward" to be claimed. I am VIP level 8. I noticed earlier already that the VIP was off by one day, so on the 30th of August I got the reward for the 31st of August. I guess, today it tries to get the reward for the 32nd of August or so, and then it crashes. :(

Do you see any workaround? Can I turn off the VIP module somehow?

(I wanted to write to customer care from within the app but it keeps crashing and I lost the text. I will try again.)

3. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    I'm happy to report that the game doesn't crash anymore :)

4. Asphalt Str

Asphalt Str Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2015
    The game crashes at the Daily Bonus screen, you start hearing the sound of the Daily Bonus and the game crashes.
    The problem started yesterday morning for me, was fixed yesterday afternoon but now it's back again.

5. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

A teaser for Asphalt Xtreme has been posted.

6. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Are there usually any offers in the car packs IAP? I mean discounts on their price. I want the extra S cars pack, but 50 bucks is too much for me...

7. Dimaya

Dimaya Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2012
    So I just started playing this, as someone had been recommending this to me, but do you guys have any tips for a total beginner?

8. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    You can learn a lot by watching others play. Learn the fastest route on every track, how to take ramps, when to use perfect nitro and so on.

Here is a good channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYZZfoVQ7jiKbYGvw2YV02Q

9. Fabien_Gameloft

Fabien_Gameloft Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    We have also made a video for beginners on the official channel of Asphalt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKJKJJeHgU

Aslo, please have a look at the thread of Asphalt Xtreme in "Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games". This is our new off-road racing game. there you go: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=3910399&posted=1

10. hectorx

hectorx Well-Known Member

May 28, 2014
  11. mlibbey

mlibbey Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    (@Fabien) For the last several days the Events and Multiplayer have been unavailable for me. I'm on iOS 10, in N.California. Events show "The data for the events cannot be retrieved! Please try again later. I can still do several server events -- claim mastery prizes (like tokens and licenses); watch video ads for tokens; see the initial login ad. I don't think I see the 'Welcome $username' Gamecenter notification on login anymore -- wonder if that has something to do with it? Anyone else seeing the same? I have a Gameloft Customer Care case "open."

12. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    Autumn Update

Since the new update the notifications on my Apple Watch display the content of the notification again! \o/

I guess the new lighting on the Area 51 tracks removes a lot of frustration for newbies, especially on smaller screens.

Nice new cars and cool new Enduro challenge, that's always fun. :)

The new multiplayer looks good, and while I happily play the League game, I enjoy it very much that I can finally use any car in "Free Play" mode, without the fear of losing points. Even better would be if I could play anytime "free", not just when I used up all my tickets. I come home after a long day and I just want to have fun. Why isn't there a button inside multiplayer called "Play Free"? Why am I forced to play the League game whenever I have tickets? Is it important for the company for financial reasons? I don't understand this limitation.

13. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    I was wrong:

1. EDD isn't fun, it's again a car that needs several hours of recharging.

2. In "free play" there is point deduction so I cannot just pick any car and have fun without risking the league prizes.

14. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    Now suddenly I lost more than 10,000 tokens. They just disappeared. Nice. :rolleyes:

15. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    What?!?!? Maybe you should contact support. 10k tokens is worth a lot of money...

16. mlibbey

mlibbey Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    me too.

17. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    Yes, I've paid quite a lot of real money for most of those tokens. Of course I contacted Gameloft support. This is what I got as a reply:

"Our game developers are currently checking the problem and working on a solution for such issue. We'll let you know once we receive news on the situation."

So now I am waiting. :(

18. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #16978 VirtualBoyFreak, Oct 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    Well, now I'm reinstalling because the game decided it wouldn't boot, crashing every single time I try to enter the game. I hope it works, or I'll have to contact support too... :( EDIT: a reinstall worked, phew!

19. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    All's well that ends well. ;)

Attached Files:

20. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Great news! Nice to see GL responds to customer problems.