Universal Asphalt 8: Airborne - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Asphalt Str

Asphalt Str Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2015
    Dont spend tokens to open labs, you can buy keys if you need to.
    You may need to max it and full pro tires and drivetrain.
    The car needs 12 mids, 8 adv and 12 v6 engines, you need half of those to get it so if you have a quarter of that the rest you'll get it from R&D boxes.
    I think you can win it, especially if you're a top ~500 player.
    A guy won it with 1625 rank so lets say you'll need to get it to 1725 to win it.

2. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    Yes, buying keys is much cheaper than unlocking labs.

Using the “bridge glitch” on the final AI track helps a lot.

And if everything fails, you can still pay with tokens for “auto-testing” that final level, which is still a very inexpensive way of buying the car.

3. Fabien_Gameloft

Fabien_Gameloft Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Guys, we have asked for the US Marine cup on windows and for some reason, it can't happen on windows.

4. Asphalt Str

Sep 9, 2015
    #16944 Asphalt Str, Jun 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    @Fabien
    Thanks Fabien.
    How about HONOR 1st Community Cup, can we have that on Windows too?
    If not as a compensation for cups lost on Windows can we have a multiple event cup with Tramontana XTR or Peugeot Onyx as first prize?

PS: For future reference when an update is delayed on a platform, bombard that platform with new cups(3 to 4 new TLEs every 2 days) until they get the update.

PS2: Fabien in this weekend Community Cup there's a Jaguar C-X75 for top 100 but the owners get 100000 credits, that's BS, half of the cars value would be fair or a cheaper tokens car that the winner didn't own.

5. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    When do I get Token Discount?

Other people are posting screenshots and I can see they are having token discount right now. I checked another account in my family and that account is also having token discount. But my account isn't. Why is it?

Is there any way one can influence this? Should I have less tokens? Should I spend more tokens? What's the trick?

6. horrorist

horrorist Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2015
    @Fabien Any chance of a BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage R & D comeback? I haven't finished it and i was wondering if the R & D will occur in the near future. Thanks in advance.

7. Asphalt Str

Sep 9, 2015
    @horrorist
    From experience with previous R&D, the BMW R&D will be back, after the Mercedes R&D will end or maybe in the following update.

8. DeepBlueSea89

DeepBlueSea89 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2014
    #16948 DeepBlueSea89, Jul 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    Finished up to the first AI in lab four with a day and three hours and 470 tokens left. Car is fully MAX and PRO. I think I can make it but not sure. The suspense is killing me. Thanks for the tips guys!

Also, the tokens needed to buy proto-keys doesn't seem to be linear with time. For instance with three hours left, you need 150 tokens but with an hour left, you need 75. It seems the best way is to just buy proto-keys as soon as you use the previous ones.

Update: Given up at 45.

9. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    #16950 zendriver, Jul 5, 2016
    If you fail the main objective of a test then why not pay 50 tokens to keep the check points? That's the most inexpensive way of passing tests that are too hard for your car rank & skills.

The good side of it is that you don't have to hurry through the track, so you can safely collect all check points and complete secondary objectives (e.g., barrel rolls, 12 seconds of air time).

Yes, you keep paying but in the end you get the car.

10. DeepBlueSea89

DeepBlueSea89 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2014
    #16951 DeepBlueSea89, Jul 5, 2016
    I tried the strategy of paying tokens for the main objective but most of them in lab four take around three tries to get enough points and I winded up paying around 100-150 tokens for each lab so I'm nearly out of tokens now (just 100 left).

It doesn't help that the game keeps lagging badly (and occasionally crashing) everytime I play a race with traffic. Did anyone else experience the same problem? I know it's not due to lack of space since I have around 8GB of free space after clearing my voicemails and photos. It's an iphone 5C with iOS 9.3.2.

11. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    Yes. And test .048. is the worst. It is designed to be like this so that only skilled drivers pass, or those who pay. Most of us are between the two, so we pay some. Which is not much in my country but I don't know about your possibilities. I wish I could send you some tokens.

Yes, I experience this as well. There are many devices in the family, and on some of them the game is almost unusable. Especially if there are many moving objects, like traffic or other players. :(

12. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    There was a strange token discount on Friday. It said it would last for 3 days. But right after I bought a single package, I could not buy another one, and in some strange way the discount disappeared, way before its stated deadline. But at least I could buy one package so I could immediately buy 4 token cars I always wanted to get.

13. Fabien_Gameloft

Apr 8, 2014
    We are deploying the update on iOS devices and we will start to do it soon on other platforms. If you have already installed it, please let me know what you think about it. If you have encounter any issue since you have updated your game, let me know!

Trailer Rio Update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ilU_uadKmI

14. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    Thank you, Fabien. The new update is great! I enjoy the Rio tracks and the new cars. Enduro is also fun. The new VIP system is good for folks who spend a lot of money on the game, like me. :D

Hopefully the servers will be stabilized soon, and we can play whenever we want.

15. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    can't claim event rewards since the new update. Is this a known issue or happening only to me?

16. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    Same here: claiming event rewards hasn't been working since Saturday.

NETWORK ERROR. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER.

17. Scott(Driver 8012)

Scott(Driver 8012) Active Member

Feb 16, 2015
    The donkervoort d8 cup is different...you can max/pro the free try car to compete for better position..I guess this will push sales after having to invest to compete or maybe this is a mistake?...kind of shitty..:/

18. Fabien_Gameloft

Apr 8, 2014
    Thanks Zendriver :)

Everything should be better now but we still need to identify the issue.

We have received complaints about this event and we are checking what's going on.

19. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    I don't think that the Donkervoort cup is a mistake as the topmost reward is bound to 1:17:000 which is impossible without upgrading.

I would also think that it's the same technic that we see with the cars in Enduro: once you invest into a car you are more likely to buy it afterwards (and spend even more on upgrading, proing).

But either way it should be clearly communicated. :)