Universal Asphalt 8: Airborne - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Fabien_Gameloft

Fabien_Gameloft Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Hey guys, I am aware of that licenses modification. I am trying to get you an answer. We have received a lot of feedback from the community since the update went live, and we are tweaking the game andthe new modes. I hope you enjoy the update so far. :)

2. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    @Fabien, thank you very much for following up on the license issue. It is so discouraging after all the hard work I put in upgrading and applying pro cards. And as Asphalt Str writes there could be a technical solution, the number of licenses is fixed, and it could be calculated for each car per user. There is a lot of disappointed people on Facebook. I hope Gameloft will feel pushed to create a little program that calculates the missed licenses and grants them to the people who lost them.

And yes, the new update is great! We only come here to complain while the discussion about the new stuff is going on on youtube and Facebook. :) Quick summary:
    - Daily task is a great feature. It motivates me to play Asphalt every day. The ability to get more cards is awesome. :)
    - Enduro is also fun. It's a pure gift to those who already have an extensive garage, and a lot of motivation for the rest of us to keep working on our garage and upgrade cars. That Swiss car is worth the effort, it seems. I can see on Facebook that I am not the only one giving out an extreme amount of credits and tokens so it must be good for Gameloft as well. :)
    - Getting new cars is fun. Upgrading/proing them is always a good challenge for me, and new cars usually disrupts the established hierarchy in multiplayer. Fun.
    - Events where we can win mid tech and advanced tech are obviously amazing. Those cards are very hard to get.
    - After the teaser video I was hoping that we get a NYC track. That would have been amazing. Maybe in another update. :)

So, great job! Greetings and thanks to the team who made it. Asphalt is a great game.

3. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    My ticket 11813745 was rejected with this explanation:

This is of course inaccurate. The number of licenses for the cars I list stayed the very same. It is just distributed differently among the challenges and now I was excluded from the license rewards of some challenges I already completed. Other players who didn't complete those challenges were not excluded. The absolute number of licenses they can get is higher than it is for me, who already put more work in it. It is simply unfair.

Thank you, Fabien, if you can escalate my ticket! That would be really great.

4. Asphalt Str

Asphalt Str Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2015
    #16924 Asphalt Str, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    @Fabien
    The dev team can write a few lines of code that will give everyone same number of licenses no matter when you claimed certain rewards making the total of licenses for every car the same for everybody.
    About the Enduro Double Down its unfair for people that own a tokens car that can be won in EDD to receive credits after they spent 2500 tokens to buy Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34).

PS: The update looks good/interesting, hope we'll get it next week on Windows, finally GL controlled the info about update instead of the usual hackers. Keep it up! :D

5. Fabien_Gameloft

Apr 8, 2014
    The total amount of licenses has been redistributed between the challenges. If you have already past these challenges, then you might have lost a few. We have liaised with our Customer Care team, and now if you tell them about this “loss and tell them the car challenges in which you have lost licenses; your account will be investigated. If it is verified, we will compensate you.

6. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    That feels really good, thank you. A big motivation for me to play Asphalt is to gather licenses so I can obtain special rewards, like the Shelby Cobra. It was so discouraging to lose so many licenses after all the work I put into obtaining them. I am really grateful that you decided to take care of this! :)

By the way, the new license distribution is obviously better: we can now achieve more licenses without fully proing a car. Now I really have a chance to get that Cobra. So thank you for that as well! :D

7. Asphalt Str

Sep 9, 2015
    @Fabien
    Since GL added Enduro do you think its possible to add new events while waiting for an update? I mean waiting for winter update would be amazing if we got some new EDD with P1 GTR or 9ff or Onyx as first prize.
    I just found out a really disappointing info, a USA flag player that lives in US gets 1 refill video and 5x2 tokens videos each day while a USA flag player that doesn't live in US gets 1 refill and a single 2 tokens video. Is this normal? This gives a US resident a 2900 tokens advantage per year.

8. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    The Enduro Double Down behavior and screens were quite confusing for me first (e.g., I spent a lot of tokens unnecessary each time for "double down" initially), but now that I understand it, I find it much more interesting and fun than R&D. With R&D you just wait and wait for the keys. As someone with a job and two young kids I can only play during night so I bought additional keys for tokens every night and played in a streak. But even then the number of tests was insane and the time pressure was too high, and the races were rather repetitive and boring with the same car, especially if you upgrade the car as early as possible. I did the BMW Hommage, the Mosler Super GT and the Egoista but I am not sure I will participate next time in R&D. :(

Enduro, on the other hand, feels more like a interesting challenge, with some choice on your part and with the element of risk. And if you already invested a lot in a good garage, you have better chance. So, in a way, it is a gift for more engaged players. As someone who started playing 3 months ago, I had to spend around 3 million credits and almost 5000 tokens to get the Skyline and the Weber. I was playing with "Free Try" cars that were under the recommended ranking with several hundred points, using boosters. I had to knock down AI racers whenever they were overtaking me and if I made a single mistake, I lost that challenge. Also, the game crashed just before starting a race, at least before six races, and I had to pay 100 tokens each time. :/ And twice I was really tried so I payed 500 tokens to pass the "Ace Racer". But even so Enduro was interesting and fun. And next time I may have a better prepared garage.

9. Scott(Driver 8012)

Scott(Driver 8012) Active Member

Feb 16, 2015
    The enduro challenge is a token sucking problem when the game crashes mid race. You have to start over or pay 100 tokens...it has happened after the 10 race at least 3 or 4 times...once before a race and at least I could continue...not paying 100 tokens..I'll get what I can starting over and quit spending on upgrades. :/

10. mlibbey

mlibbey Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    I still don't really get the Enduro challengs on Ads-vault 8. I don't have the Jaguar, Skyline, Integra... so, when I have to choose between a challenge of one of them, having some sort of inkllng that I'd be racing against AI with a several hundred point advantage would seem very important info. And I'm not so clear as to when you get to save all your points, but start over. Seems like its a good challenge if you have a bunch of max'd cars

11. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    #16931 zendriver, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    Crashes are the worst part of Asphalt 8. The game regularly crashes during multiplayer for me (maybe once every 25 races or so), and I lose my streak and 10 points every time. Most of the time it happens when the race is starting but sometimes even mid-play. I wish the developers would analyze the crash data and fix these annoying bugs. :(

I also find Enduro very confusing. I agree that before you select a challenge it should be shown upfront whether you have the car or it's a free try, as well as the current rank of the car and the recommended rank.

The main beneficiaries of Enduro are clearly the more engaged players who already built a powerful garage and have good skills. And that's alright. I am working on becoming one. :cool:

12. Fabien_Gameloft

Apr 8, 2014
    Yeah the challenge remains pretty tough, but it is intended; that's a late game event. If the players like it, I guess it will come back again in Asphalt, and hopefully you will be even more likely to win at that time. Good luck! :)

13. 2621

2621 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2014
    I'm just venting on this new enduro gimmick, so pay no attention. I have no concept for how any of this works, don't want to learn. Just driving, seeing what happens. Upgrades are a chore. Played a couple days, put it down. Picked it up again today. I'm around 62,000 but not loving the idea of upgrading this Swedish tub (is it Swedish?) and I'm about out of free S-class upgrades from collections, etc. Just really wanted to say that this is such a total bore. Zero fun and why I never play video games — except this one. Why would anyone make a video game so tedious? I thought e-gaming was about just going nuts and having fun. Comparatively, this makes some of the drudgery of daily life seem like an Hawaiian vacation.

14. Asphalt Str

Sep 9, 2015

15. mlibbey

mlibbey Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    Tough? I'll say. I just ran a Enduro challenge in Nevada Reverse where you had to place 1st. One of the computer AIs finished in 20.790 seconds! I'd be shocked if such a time would even exist on the cheaterboard.

Attached Files:

16. hectorx

hectorx Well-Known Member

May 28, 2014
    That is a bug. It also happened to me some time ago (Fortunately not in Enduro...)

17. Asphalt Str

Sep 9, 2015
    #16937 Asphalt Str, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    @Fabien
    All updated platforms have US Marine Corps Cup now.
    Will Windows have this cup after the update?
    I feel disappointed. :(

PS: Read PM

18. Fabien_Gameloft

Apr 8, 2014
    Well, I know that it wasn't supposed to happen on windows. However, we are checking if it it possible to plan it anyway; let's see.

PS: Let me check the PM.

19. Asphalt Str

Sep 9, 2015
    #16939 Asphalt Str, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    @Fabien
    Thanks for that.
    Whats the deal with the windows update?
    When will we get it?
    Is it true that in September?

PS: Now on updated platforms there's HONOR 1st Community Cup, can we have that on Windows too?
    PS2: Today on updated platforms there's Poland vs Switzerland Cup and Monday Italy vs Spain Cup. We demand to have those cups on Windows too :D, but tell the team we are very angry/disappointed until we have those cups on Windows too.

20. DeepBlueSea89

DeepBlueSea89 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2014
    Mercedes Touring Car R&D

What's the best way to win this? I'm an average player, not the type that wins TLEs but I'm pretty decent. I finished the first two labs and almost maxed the car. Is it a good idea to use tokens to open the next lab faster? Can we do this even with lab four? I'm not sure because I think I've read on this forum that there's no option to open lab four until the time it's supposed to open anyways. Also, I'm on the fence about whether I can beat the final AI. How hard is it? I guess as a reference, I'd ask: do you need to be the kind of player that consistently wins cars in TLEs to be able to beat it? Because I'm not. I usually place in the 100s if not 1000s in the TLE's. I really want to see if I can win an R&D and I seem to be in good shape so far. Just not sure if I can make it all the way and I'd rather give up now if it's too hard than to finish 45 races and then give up. Thanks for any responses/advice.