Universal Asphalt 8: Airborne - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Fabien_Gameloft

Fabien_Gameloft Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    I don’t think this will happen soon, but I have requested it to the Asphalt Team. Maybe one day, it will be added :)

I guess this was a hotfix that has solved an minor issue, but I didn’t get the details.

Well, that’s not normal; you shouldn’t have to do anything to get them. Make sure to be online when you play though. Have you modified your device’s clock? If you did, make sure it displays the right date and time. If this doesn’t solve the issue, please get in touch with our customer care team. (And tell them that you haven’t changed your clock).

Yes, we have seen this. The team is investigating, but I think you should be out of the CB pretty soon.

2. Asphalt Str

Asphalt Str Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2015
    @Fabien
    I took a 24 hours brake from the game Saturday and was out of CB by mid day Sunday.
    I wrote that message because I saw lots of players on game forum, Facebook and G+ community are still affected.

3. Scott(Driver 8012)

Scott(Driver 8012) Active Member

Feb 16, 2015
    Looks like this thread has been on vacation ...

4. Asphalt Str

Sep 9, 2015
    Lots of problems lately, after the TAG cup CB issue, the Devel Mp ĉup on Android canceled due to crashing issues and I still see a lot of people having issues with R&D not registering points, so CC has its hands full.
    Plus the new update is near.

5. Driver 4118

Driver 4118 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    Wow, I haven't posted here in months. This forum appears completely jumbled up on my laptop screen, which doesn't help matters.

Anyhow, Fabien, I want to thank the team for fixing the ghost leaderboard problem on iOS. Now we can finally see the ghost times of players that we've added on Game Center over the past year (instead of just old/inactive players), which makes ghost racing much more appealing and satisfying. I truly did not expect that this issue would ever get resolved, so thank you for exceeding my expectations.

6. Asphalt Str

Sep 9, 2015
    @Fabien
    Prizes for Elite Nitro Cup are an insult or a joke. :D
    A 14500 tokens car needs at least a 500 tokens prize for Top 100 or Top 500, I mean that's how you encourage players to buy it and to compete for that prize.

7. Senate

Senate Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Teacher
    Texas, United States
    Egoista R&D event vanished... Still had 4 days left. WTF?!

8. mlibbey

mlibbey Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    Looks like the servers are unavailable as of Saturday May 21. Several reports on Facebook groups as well. For me, I see:
    - The R&D event is not showing up.
    - Can't join multiplayer rooms
    - Can't join TLEs.
    - Can't claim TLE rewards.
    - Can see ads, and TLEs (just can't join).
    - Token based items can't be purchased.

9. Senate

Senate Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Teacher
    Texas, United States
    Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. #

10. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    Additionally: can't buy cards (Super Racer Kit Box for 18k)

11. effneor

effneor Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2015
    Looks like they've restarted the servers. R&D, TLEs, .... are now available

12. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    What is the cheapest way to all star all 9 seasons? I'm in season 5 with 200 stars without spending any money. I don't mind spending $5-10.

13. Asphalt Str

Sep 9, 2015
    @TicTac
    Cant be done without spending hundreds of dollars.
    I play this game daily for almost 3 years and I have 140 cars from 146, and the cars I'm missing cost over 40000 tokens, that's around 200$ when they are discounted.

14. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    What is the best way to grind for credits? That seems to be the limiting factor for me at this stage. I feel stuck because there's so many missions I can do due to lack of credits to buy the cars needed for the mission.

15. Asphalt Str

Sep 9, 2015
    #16915 Asphalt Str, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
    @TicTac
    You need a fast car max pro with a short track on Mastery 15 and with no traffic.
    Best is Mclaren 675lt, then Lykan. Before those I used Biome in season 9. So you need a fast car in London, Dubai or Alps.
    I always farm with the 675, with double credits 7 to 8 mil a day.
    At the beginning I didn't upgrade my cars more then a level or two, I preferred buying new cars to advance in career.

16. mlibbey

mlibbey Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    Lambo R&D -- where are the engine cards

The engine drop rate in the Lambo R&D Card sets is atrocious. Since you need at least 1 engine for every upgrade (and similarly, tech cards), those drop rates should be much higher than current.

17. Asphalt Str

Sep 9, 2015
    @mlibbey
    If you want to pro a car in R&D you need at least half of every card before starting that R&D.

18. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    #16918 zendriver, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
    @TicTac
    Follow what Asphalt Str wrote, he's a veteran. As for me, I started playing mid-March this year, and now I have 1385 stars, 92 cars, 551 mastery licences, and I'm on level 81 in multiplayer. Here's how I progressed as a beginner:

- Bought car packs. That gave me I quick start instead of having to grind for credits. (I bought all car packs except for the Class S one. I would recommend to get at least Class D and C for a good start.)

- In early seasons challenges can be completed with stock cars. So instead of upgrades I spent my credits on new cars that were needed to complete other challenges.

- Most challenges can be completed with a car below the recommended rank. Improve your driving skills and you have to spend less credits. Try to master all challenges, including the driftings ones. Drifting is an important skill in this game.

- Be very careful with the "steering sensitivity" setting if you play on a phone or tablet. The biggest improvement in my driving skills happened when I increased the sensitivity from the default 50%. I have it now at 100% and now I can take even hard turns like the one in Dubai (with a good car). The default of 50% is good for beginners but terrible as soon as you learn to drive better. Try to set it as high as you can handle. (You can still lower it for individual cars with very high handling capabilities, like the Ferrari 308 GTS or the Biome.)

- Bought double credits and played a lot of challenges in a single day to collect stars. I could earn a lot of credits that way. I played an individual challenge until I could earn all 5 stars.

- If you want to pro cars, you will need to buy LOTS of Pro Kit cards. If you have already enough stars then start buying 2 or 3 Pro Kit boxes each day. Make sure you use common cards to free up space in your inventory but choose carefully what you spend your rare & legandary cards. Start with lower level cars (listed first in their categories) as they usually require fewer and cheaper cards to pro. You can find more info over at https://asphalt.wikia.com/wiki/Pro_Kits

- The most important: Focus on playing. Know where the fun comes from for you. Collecting cars and stars is not so important if you don't have fun along the way.

19. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    Permanently lost 60+ licenses when upgraded

@Fabien
    I have permanently lost more than 60 licences when upgraded to the new version today, due to the new way the licenses are distributed across the mastery challenges.Even though the loss is less than 5 licenses per car the total number is quite high. And the main problem is that those licenses are LOST FOREVER as there is no way to reclaim older challenges with the new licenses. This is unfair given how hard it is to collect those licences. I put a lot of energy in collecting them.

I reported this to Gameloft. My ticket ID is 11813745. I appreciate if you can help me getting back those licenses that would be otherwise lost forever.

I have BEFORE / AFTER screenshots for all cars (fortunately I did screenshots and videos from my whole inventory after another loss with the previous update). Here is my list (and I didn't even count cars where I lost 1 license only) and an example:

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Asphalt Str

Sep 9, 2015
    @Fabien
    Since licenses are stored on GL servers you should tell the dev team to develop an algorithm so everyone gets the same amount of licenses, this way the players that lost some licenses get them back and the players that tried to fool the system will get the same.
    This way you will avoid the CC flood.