Universal Asphalt 8: Airborne - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Slacknsurf420

Slacknsurf420 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    #16881 Slacknsurf420, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    The Renault Sport RS 01 has turned out to be a good choice against even 1805 rank Trions. At pro rank 4/0/5/0 all tires/drivetrain it reached 1746/1798, with a speed modifier of 95.9% it does 490kph. It handles well at a high base speed of 460kph, only the HTT Plethore has as high of a base top speed but it cost rare FiV8

2. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    I have given up on the 3.0 CSL Hommage. The final test is so much more difficult than the one before it. :(

Reasons:

1. Traffic: I only play multiplayer so traffic for me is pretty much unexpected. Especially that they are positioned very carefully at the most obnoxious places. Even if I learn to avoid them it's not enough: I must "near-miss" and "control" them otherwise my nitro tank drains.
    2. Handling: This thing bumps into walls even when I drive straight. It once turned sideways seemingly without any reason. It's partly becasue of the high speed which I am not used to (I only use cars up to rank 1300) but handling of this particular car is so bad anyway that I had to reduce the sensitivity to 75% to make it playable. It's true that the PRO rank for suspension is only updated to 4 but this is still strange.
    3. Time: I could probably learn the traffic and the handling but I still have this artificial time pressure. I have a job, I have children, so the only time when I can play concentrated with time-limited boosters is during the night which is less than 3 hours. That means I could only do 3 runs per day normally. That's why I always kept buying "crypto keys". However, given my missing skills for fast cars & traffic this was not enough to master this final level.

So Gameloft has won again. I've paid another $20 in tokens in addition to the $50 I already handed over for this car. Now I have a car I cannot really drive. :eek:
    By time I get good at it, it will be replaced by an even faster one. ;)
    But I am not complaining. I will work on my skills, so it may all work out in the end.

@Fabien will you bring back the Torq and the Alfa Rome 4C R&D for those who don't have them yet, like you did for the Huracán? I started playing in March 2016 so I had no chance to particiate. Or let us buy these cars. I meet them sometimes in multiplayer and I can see they are pretty good.

3. Asphalt Str

Asphalt Str Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2015
    @Fabien
    Since most cars in new update are dual currency, are there any plans on making older tokens cars dual currency?

4. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    Rookie Cups missing on iOS

@Fabien

The Rookie Cups stopped appearing on my iPhone since Wednesday. Last one I saw was on Tuesday. I thought they were over but now I see Hector posted a video on Rookie Thursday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVwAPJ10IoM

If anybody is a rookie then I am really one: I started playing just last month. Please bring it back on iOS.

5. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    I think I'm more rookie than you because I can play Rookie Cups even now on my iPhone. :D

6. Asphalt Str

Sep 9, 2015
    @Fabien
    Can you at least tell us the requirements to have Rookie Cups? Because first two were accessible to me an I'm no rookie, but if they are for everyone, I'm game, 25 tokens a day keeps the doctor away. :D

7. Slacknsurf420

Slacknsurf420 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    I finished well in those rookie cups, something like 3rd and 11th. I wonder how they get the divisions

8. Asphalt Str

Sep 9, 2015
    I'm such a rookie that I finished 1st Monday and 2nd Tuesday with only a lap in each. :D

9. mlibbey

mlibbey Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    ios daily streak bonus?

I no longer get the daily streak bonus every day. Just me? or was it removed?

10. mlibbey

Jun 14, 2014
    Fabien-
    In iOS, I'm seeing a lot of cases where 2 AI cars crash, then as they "blink" in, they drive on top of each other, so that they constantly stay in knockdown-less mode. I think I started noticing this in the last update, and saw a ton of cases in the last few R&D events.

11. morlayy

morlayy Member

Jan 10, 2016
    All is see here are questions and no hope for answers. And you guys still keep asking more questions. Seems the GL guys only visit once in every 4 years! I'm really interested in knowing whether credit options will be added to old token cars....gonna let that slide. By the time that question will be answered(if at all), I'll be too old to care

12. hectorx

hectorx Well-Known Member

May 28, 2014
    I posted it, but I made that video on quick race...
    I only had Monday rookie cup, all others didn't appear for me hehe

13. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    No more Rookie Cups here, too. :(

14. Fabien_Gameloft

Fabien_Gameloft Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    #16894 Fabien_Gameloft, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    The next Apex Cups should reward you with diffrent engines.

Well we haven’t planned to add this yet.

Hello morlayy, we have no plan to do so in the near future. Maybe latter? :)

All that I can say, is that you definitely need to be a new comer; and that at one point, it disappears.

Yes, these cars should come back in the game soon or latter.

Also for your information, we will fix the rank issue in the ghost leader-boards in an upcoming update.

15. Asphalt Str

Sep 9, 2015
    @Fabien
    Thank you for the long reply and sorry for giving you so much ẃork.
    Since most cars in new update are dual currency, are there any plans on making older tokens cars dual currency?
    Or maybe a revised price for the older token cars since their value lowered considerably?

16. Sunfox

Sunfox Well-Known Member

May 28, 2015
    #16896 Sunfox, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    Hee hee - I think on one R&D race, I had 7 cars stuck together as a blinking blob for half the lap. This seems to happen when 2 cars respawn at the same time using the same "random" AI seed, and thus they drive identically to each other.

I'm going to imagine it probably disappears when your race rewards increase. For example, below a certain progress level a TLE 1st place win only earns a few hundred credits. But, at some point, this boosts to about 3600 credits. Probably related to stars earned, or perhaps MP level. Probably stars.

17. Driver 1184

Driver 1184 Member

Jan 11, 2015
    The Special Windows Cup has a large amount of cheaters in it. I estimate that at least 30 people of the first 100 already are cheaters. Imagine how many cheaters there are in total. One player in particular even promotes the latest cheat engine on his facebook website: https://vk.com/g34h7x2

The Mazda 6 Cup is even worse. Of the first 100 players there are at least 50 cheaters and some of these are the same as in the Special Cup.

After the last update the number of cheaters went down considerably. This week however they are back in huge numbers. Please GL take action before we are once again being overrun by cheaters.

Sincere,

Driver 1184

​Windows 8.1, Pentium i7, Netherlands

18. Asphalt Str

Sep 9, 2015
    @Fabien
    What's new in Version 2.4.3d for Windows PC and Windows Phone?

19. mlibbey

Jun 14, 2014
    no more daily streak?

Hey Fabien-
    I no longer get the daily playing streak bonus. What do I do to get it back?

20. Asphalt Str

Sep 9, 2015
    @Fabien
    Everybody gets on Cheaterbard if in the Tag Weekend Cup does a time of under 1:10.
    Please fix this, quickly.