Universal Asphalt 8: Airborne - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Asphalt Str

Asphalt Str Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2015
    Update is live on windows.

2. Fabien_Gameloft

Fabien_Gameloft Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Hi guys great! Yes it's live, but weird, I still can't get it on my device...oh well, maybe in a few minutes? :)

3. Asphalt Str

Sep 9, 2015
    @Fabien
    A friend of mine waited the update to download the game for the first time but it didn't download the updated version and he had to update the game from in game, so he had to download it again.
    Guess all's well that end well. :D

4. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Excited for the sequel! I spent a lot of money on this version and would like to reinstall. That being said, this was released before iOS 7 and has the potential to break Game Center if you have the bug.

5. Asphalt Str

Sep 9, 2015
    #16865 Asphalt Str, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    @Fabien
    I hope that when Mazda RX8 Cup is live on Windows we won't have the issues that Android and iOS had.
    After all why implement Elite mode if it gets you on CB?
    Any feedback for key refill video idea?
    Btw I hope now that we know Mosler Super GT uses V8 engines I hope you'll give us another V8 Apex before that R&D starts/ends.
    Add a time requirement prize to every Cup and the prize should always be engine cards.

PS: First time I started Asphalt 8 after I updated it on my Windows 10 PC my antivirus 360 Total Security detected the exe file as a virus and I had to manually put it on the white list for the game to launch.

6. TVNPryde

TVNPryde New Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Elite Cars Tuning Process

First of all, I think the new tuning process is a brilliant idea by GameLoft. Too bad they let their greed blinded them by letting the car deteriorates to an unplayable point.

IMO, the tuning process allows you to fine tune the car for certain tracks for certain amount of races (or possibly time). After its usages, the car should, at the very least, go back to it original rank. This allows the players to use the car in its normal state. What kind of racing game only allow you to use certain car a few races per hour?

Imagine paying a $100 of real life money for a car (Devel 16) that you can only run 4 times an hour. GameLoft's greed has no boundary. It's a game GameLoft, let the players enjoy it a little. Lately, it's more infuriating than entertainment. There are quite a few that shares my opinion on this.

Everyone please share your opinions on this and speak up. All opinions are welcome.

I also posted this on GL A8 discussion page. http://forum.gameloft.com/viewtopic.php?f=1505&t=346368

7. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    Asphalt 8 is used by Gameloft for farming money. They have every right to do that. They created this amazing little world, and many users, including me, find it attractive and fun. So we come and play. The elite car concept looks like a very good innovation to increase incomes for Gameloft. They are selling inequality for a good profit. Whoever wants to have the fastest car can always pay for it. In fact, an elite car can be used more often then four times an hour: there is always a shiny token button where you can pay to skip the waiting time. Rich people can have the fastest car all the time, while most users can't. This is how it works.

Elite cars are not for the rest of us. I bought the rather inexpensive Mazda RX8 but I will almost never use it. I am too cheap for this car. It's useless for multiplayer which is my favorite game mode. However, sometimes I can still use it for events. I agree with you, this is sad but I don't see how this could be changed as long as it creates profit for Gameloft.

All in all, elite car tuning is indeed a brilliant concept but due to its price we normal people can use it only occasionally. Regarding multiplayer the question is, how many rich users will pay for using elite cars in multiplayer? Will there be enough of them to ruin every multiplayer game? Probably not. So we are not gaining much but we are also not losing much. :/

8. TVNPryde

TVNPryde New Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Like I said zendriver. I think the tuning process is brilliant. I am just saying that after the process stop giving the car extra power, let the players play in the normal mode.

9. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Can't wait for Asphalt Extreme

10. jonnyb086

jonnyb086 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    #16870 jonnyb086, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    Gameloft will continue to milk any profits they can from their now garbage pay to play games before they close their doors in 1-2 years time. Talk about the demise of a once great company.........sad sad sad.

I hope you all know the kinds of meetings these guys have....it has nothing to do with making a game better so much as how to get more money. They don't care what the designers have to do to get people to pay. " hey guys our IAP is down this month what can we do? Ohhhh yes add more ways for people to have to shell out real cash regularly. " This will continue until profits dwindle and bye bye game loft. It's pretty well known now that they are in HUGE trouble as a company.

11. harlemheat37

harlemheat37 New Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Where is this coming from? http://mobilemarketingmagazine.com/gameloft-celebrates-800-per-cent-increase-revenues/ It looks as if they're doing just fine to me. Anyways, Asphalt is just a blip on the radar. I doubt they really care what they charge because most of these games are just a limited time cash grab before they come out with something newer and better. Then, the cycle repeats itself.

12. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

They have sequels coming out for each of their flagship titles, Asphalt, Gangstar, Modern Combat

13. Asphalt Str

Sep 9, 2015
    @Fabien
    GL trolled me again.
    I started the BMW R&D and after I finished every lab the next one would open but after I finished lab 3, lab 4 it's still locked and now I have to wait till Saturday. :(

14. Stratos

Stratos Member

Oct 2, 2015
    I am at the same situation. If it was like this from the beggining it wouldn't be a problem, but changing the rules in the middle of an event is discouraging.

After i saw that the 2nd lab opened automatically i tried to finish it as soon as possible. Then when the 3rd lab also opened by itself i thought that was the case for me, so i invested even more in the event. I used double credits and farmed for a day, spended lots of cards, used tokens on some tests, used free upgrades and most important i stressed myself to play every 3 hours "pausing" real life, in order to have maximoum time for lab 4. You can only imagine how disappointed i felt when i saw that all those efforts were pointless and i had to wait 5 days. I even sceduled a trip next weekend cause i thought i would have finished R&D by then. And now i won't be able to play 2 of those 4 days.

@Fabien : i actually raised a ticket for this, the ID is 11557437. Can you please give it a look? I am not asking for an advantage over other players, but if i knew from the beggining that things would be like this, i would have made different plans and decisions.

15. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    #16875 zendriver, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    I think this works as designed. You can pay to unlock the lab earlier the same way you can pay to skip a particular test that is too difficult. This is simply business. The game makers put artificial time pressure and frustration on you and then they are always ready to liberate you from those. You just have to pay.

At Lab 4 it gets really difficult. You better start it as soon as possible (translation: consider paying for it). For example, there are flawless tests with two laps and lots of traffic and these AI drivers that constantly push you around, especially at critical points. Even if you are a good driver and you learn to avoid the bots, you will need a lot of "crypto keys" as the target points are quite high. It will be frustrating.

I did regret that I started the whole R&D thing because it puts time pressure on me (I have a family and a job) and it causes a lot of frustration. And I am not even a skilled driver of such fast cars. (I started playing Asphalt in March so you can imagine.) But it's too late to quit as I have invested a lot into this BMW. I am currently at test 049, so I am almost finished. Up until now I've almost paid $50 in tokens for lab early unlock, for crypto keys (to remove the time limit) and to skip some difficult tests. For the upgrades I used rewards and I completed some collections and car mastery (as I am a new player those were still available for me).

Gameloft did a good job here: they made me pay a lot of money for this car. Have I known that it would cost that much I would have never started the R&D.

Then again, I didn't regret that I started this R&D in the end. Because this BMW seems to be a good car. I can probably use it for some events when my driving skills improve. Look at these, for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eiz_0uxL2yo and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLi8NdUsVp8

And here is the killer: the BMW is currently at 5555/5455! I miss a single advanced tech card for the full PRO level. This will be my first MAX/PRO car! For a car that requires so many cards and a new guy like me that's quite exceptional. This is only possible because I got the relevant pro kit boxes as rewards after specific tests. This is why this R&D is worth the hussle and the tokens after all. The fastest way to get a MAX/PRO monster.

16. Stratos

Stratos Member

Oct 2, 2015
    You are right, this is the way things should work from the beggining. But they didn't.

I will use another example. It's like giving you the option to open the labs with tokens, but when you pay and reach last lab to change the rules and tell you that you can't open it. Makes all your previous efforts totaly pointless, and not because you made some mistake, but because you got mislead.

Other than that, it's a beast, and having the bmw as first maxpro monster will be awesome for you. I have all 5 R&D cars in my garage, and i know how hard and stressful some tests can be. So congratulations for the work you put on it till now, good luck, enjoy the adrenaline at the last ai race, and i really hope you get it!

17. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    Sorry, I didn't realize this was going on. I could unlock the last lab a few days ago for 600 tokens or so. I am on iOS.

Thank you! :)

18. Asphalt Str

Sep 9, 2015
    @Stratos
    I feel your pain brother.
    They ruined my plans too.

@zendriver
    You are lucky, on windows the game asks me for 2500 tokens.

@Fabien
    I raised a ticket too, ticket id 11560870. Please I need a quick fix.

19. DeepBlueSea89

DeepBlueSea89 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2014
    I've given up

I put so much time and effort into this R&D. Still on test 27 on Lab 3. I have the car nearly maxed (3-5-3-3). Spent so many credits on them. I even spent credits upgrading my class A cars so I can do the mastery events and get free upgrades. The pro upgrades are at 4-2-2-2. Spent several hundred thousand credits on both relentlessly opening pro boxes as well as for the actual upgrades. Got on my phone every three hours religiously for the past week to complete my slow and torturous advancement to test 27 (which is only about halfway through). Even auto-tested test 26 (nevada) because I just couldn't get the fifteen knockdowns after three tries. That's it, I'm done. Gameloft would have me spend real money on it so my efforts don't all go to waste. But I've made peace with it. Those are sunk costs. I'm going to have fun with this game and I'm not going to bother with any aspect of the game that isn't fun. So, the BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage with all the upgrades and the pro-kits that I burned on it can go wreck itself on the sharp turn of Dubai. I don't care anymore.

20. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    I can relate to this. That's how the Huracán R&D ended for me. :(