Universal Asphalt 8: Airborne - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 21, 2013.

1. hectorx

hectorx Well-Known Member

May 28, 2014
    #16801 hectorx, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    Hey Fabien, I hope you enjoyed your holiday :)

By the way, another update? New cars? No I hope, because it is becoming hard even for me to upgrade new cars...

What about my suggestion related to the number of cards to sell by default Fabien?
    I know that maybe if all cards are selected to sell by default could be good for Gameloft if players sell all their cards by mistake. But seriously it is a time waste each time I need to sell just 2 or 3 cards to release storage. We really will appreciate that by default only 1 card was selected.

Also on Windows there is a bug related to cards order, when you sell some of them, they are sorted randomly in the inventory...

Regards

2. Asphalt Str

Asphalt Str Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2015
    This is doable but I dont think GL wants to do it.

3. rež

rež Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    UK
    @Asphalt Str - I know it'll be on/before Wednesday's Miura cups, I was hoping for a bit of info on new track, GUI tweaks, confirmation buttons on large/token purchases, whether we'll ever see another rotary-engined car... ;)

@Hector +1 on the selling cards mod, would be so much easier to count up from 1

4. mlibbey

mlibbey Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    "feature" request... reduce card reveal time

After you've bought/received/clicked/whatever a set of cards, we have to await a silly animation only to get to a intermediary screen. That makes us click on a 'Reveal al the cards' with no other option. Since there is no other option on this page, it should be removed.

After clicking on the useless button, there is more pointless, and slow animation as each card is revealed. luckily, there is a skip button for this. The animation should also be removed. The flow should be:

1. Buy the cards.
    2. [depending on how obtained] Have the verify button... You are about to spend xx to get these cards. Continue/Cancel buttons.
    3. Directly reveal the cards -- no animation. Stay on this screen...
    4. Click button to get to the next screen

5. samhiuy

samhiuy Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2015
    I seriously think Gameloft should focus more on the lower classes. You can potentially make D, C, and B class cars as fast as A-Class and S-Class cars. It also leaves A LOT more room for cars, especially the D-Class (which you guys refuse to let any of it cross the 400 km/h speed). The A-Class and S-Class cars just keep getting faster and faster to the point where it will be unplayable in the future. Why not be reasonable with the other classes? Especially the D-Class (why keep capping the speed? The classes didn't matter anymore the moment A-Class broke its limit and became faster than most S-Class cars).

The highest ranked car for D-Class is 1359 (Mazda RX8), C-Class is 1573 (Supra), and B-Class is 1685 (Estoque). There are PLENTY of room when the gap is this big. There is a 451 rank difference between D and S Class (compared to Devel 16), 237 rank difference between C and S, and a 125 rank difference between B and S! Lots of room!

6. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
  7. morlayy

morlayy Member

Jan 10, 2016
    #16807 morlayy, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
    If what I'm reading here and elsewhere about the update is true, then Asphalt 8, as we know it is gone. They're gonna lose so many ardent players they gon question what went wrong. :mad::mad:

8. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    #16808 zendriver, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    It's been said many times here and elsewhere that Asphalt 8 is over, but it never happened. This game is so much fun despite its freemium nature that it manages to survive. Especially for advanced players, who already have a lot of good cars and can easily farm money. Also, it is very easy to start playing it, and then you can go deeper and deeper, by learning many little tricks.

I mean, look at this racing game: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzUNBD-xWMd2Kf692wfhOIw86fqPMhk6c
    It looks stunning, doesn't it? Almost life-like. But at the same time it's so boring! Just watching these videos makes me fall asleep.

Compare this to the fun nature of Asphalt with all this drifting and jumping around, the beautiful little worlds with all the fine details: Area 51, Tenerife, San Diego, China, Tokyo, Dubai and so on... Did you play the last part of the Area 51 cup with the huge UFO hovering above the track with that terrifying sound coming from it? Amazing! I love this game. :D

[​IMG]

9. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    So is an update imminent?
    I'd like to try this game, but it's a big size app and I could wait for it...

10. Asphalt Str

Sep 9, 2015
    @atchoo
    The update is coming next week.

11. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Ok, thanks! ;)

12. morlayy

morlayy Member

Jan 10, 2016
    You do have a point. Despite the downsides they seem to have managed to survive. But each upgrade makes it difficult for average players like us to keep up. What with the exhorbitant car prices and very low credit earning-power..I could go on buh let's see how this pans out

13. Asphalt Str

Sep 9, 2015
    @morlayy
    If you have Mclaren 675 or Lykan max pro you can earn over 12000 credits/race in Mastery 15 with Double credits activated.
    Two days ago I farmed 6 millions in 14 hours.

14. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    #16814 atchoo, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    Did you play 14 hours farming credits? :eek:
    That's not my idea of fun... :D

Anyway I got the game: gameplay is funny and graphics are great.
    I was hoping for a better framerate (I have an iPhone 6s Plus), but I have to say I'm used to AG Drive and Rush Rally 2 (= 60 fps).
    An annoying bug is bothering me, though. Some ads are muting the game: I have to close and restart it. :(
    Is it a known bug?

EDIT: yep, it's known...

15. Asphalt Str

Sep 9, 2015
    @atchoo
    For me fun comes from winning TLEs/MPEs.
    Don't know about that bug, I play on Windows.

16. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
  17. Asphalt Str

Sep 9, 2015
    @atchoo
    As a workaround try lowering the graphics from in game options.

18. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    I have the same phone and never seen any ads. Probably because I bought the car packs. (I've seen the ads on an Android phone and know how annoying they are.)

Why don't you buy a car pack and forget the ads forever? If you have an iPhone 6s Plus you can probably afford $2. ;)

19. zendriver

zendriver Active Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Playing
    For me the fun comes from multiplayer, especially from races like this:
    [​IMG]
    :D

20. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Ah, I didn't know it, I got A8 only today.
    I'll buy something for sure, ads are always annoying, with o without bug... :)