Universal Asphalt 8: Airborne - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Some more ipad 3 screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Dont get butthurt if your query wasnt answered. It's not like everyone reads everything, especially on a thread like this that moves too fast.

Did you think the regular members have an obligation to answer every question raised here? This crowd tries to help out and answer questions, but are not required to do so.

In fact, you owe these people who give you initial impressions and set your expectations straight (maybe even saved you a few bucks already).

Saying things like 'being here is a waste' and 'there has to be a place with a friendlier crowd' is just plain rude and disrespectful.

3. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    As the game is currently going through its worldwide release as it hits Thursday in each times one, how exactly would you like it answered considering it hasn't hit everywhere yet.
    Or both platforms yet.

So the number of actual players with the game on device probably haven't even had a chance to check it out yet.
    Is it even up on Google play yet?

Have some patience rather than ragging on the forum and its members and you might get a reply once people have had a chance to play and check it out.

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    +1

workingman, good luck finding a better forum. You won't and you don't deserve a place on this one with comments like that.

Even with the occasional bickering, this is hands-down the best gaming forum I've been a part of...for any platform.

5. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #145 Rip73, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    I see EP already gave an accurate answer.
    Essentially 2.5gb if installing from App Store on device should cover you.
    I posted the rough file sizes at start of thread for download and install size and space needed.
    But the detail EP gives is spot on. 1.47gb for the installed file size and 884mb for the download file size combined and 100-150mb more for a little bit of caching.

1.5-1.6gb free if installing direct from iTunes on computer to device should be enough as only the installation file will go across and you won't need the space for the download file.
    It will take 1.47gb of on device space so the extra is just for a bit of cache space if needed.

This is generally a more efficient way of doing it for those that are tight on space because sometimes when installing direct on device through App Store and you get a failed download the space taken up by the partial download won't clear up properly until a reboot or the re attempted download installs and that can be an issue with those low on space.

6. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    I've asked numerous times and I know someone has the answer. There are devs who are members also. This isn't the only thread where I've asked whatever questions I've had and got no response. Nobody owes me anything but I would like to be heard just like everybody else. When enough questions get no response consecutively then yes it does feel like a waste of time and that is what I find rude.
    I'm not trying to start an argument and yes this site has been very helpfull to me in the past but not so much the past few months.
    Im done venting my frustration and can't wait for midnight to come so I can find out everything for myself about A8

7. I am preparing a report on the differences in screenshots between the ipad 3, the ipad 4, and the ipad mini.

I have played both the ipad 4 e3 version and now the official ipad 3 version. Suffice it to say, that now I wish for an ipad 5 hehe. But yeah, the ipad 3 version still runs great, but definitely, it is far better on an ipad 4. On an ipad 4, I would say it runs like a console, but on the ipad 3, there are some sacrifices made.

But suffice to say, it runs great on the ipad 3 and ipad mini, just of course the ipad 4 version is better. Enough that now, I think I just may buy an ipad 5 instead of waiting for an ipad 6 as I originally planned on.

8. I will try to get an answer for you workingman.

9. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    It works as you said. An .ipa file is pretty much a compressed folder. You can even uncompress it with tools like 7zip.

10. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #150 Rip73, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    Patience is the key.

There is a Gameloft community manager here who will be more than happy to answer your question once he has a chance to read through all the forums he is attending to at the moment. Give him a chance.

He is very good and he will have no problem once he checks with the dev team himself. There's no question I've seen him not answer yet since he joined.

Patience.

But considering the Android version uses the Google Play game services cloud save for the first time in a Gameloft game and the iOS version uses the gamecenter cloud save option, I think the answer is probably self evident.

11. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    What faults?

I'm sure you'll get some lovely responses the next time you ask for something.

12. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Good lord you're a baby.

Just post the four screens for comparison.. A "report" is hardly necessary. Pictures would be much more helpful.

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Yeah, I get it. Thanks. Just wondered why sometimes 2x the download size is enough, but those are probably less compressed games.

That said, that's one tiny advantage of the Google Play store. For mostgames, they're already uncompressed and what you see is what you get. Gameloft is usually one of the exceptions though. They sometimes have a 30 MB download and the rest is downloaded after it's opened for the first time.

Anyway think I figured out what I'm going to delete to make room for this (all games with iCloud in hopes that I will get my save back someday)

Five hours to go!

14. Ipad 3 vs ipad mini Asphalt 8 comparison

I haven't been able to figure out exactly if the ipad 3 version is retina. It looks pretty good, but doesn't quite look full retina to me. From the screenshots below, the ipad 3 version looks pretty close to the ipad mini version, there seems to be a little more jaggies on the ipad mini, but looks pretty close if you ask me. From playing the E3 alpha version on an ipad 4, I can say that it looked far better on an ipad 4.

Connector's ipad 3 shot

[​IMG]

Ipad mini picture from gamereactor

[​IMG]

I am finished up an ipad 3 vs ipad 4 comparison, it is very interesting.

15. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    That's too damn long.

Seriously I was hoping I'd be gone all day.. I didn't think I'd get home at 6. gotta find something to do now. I think I'll vacuum my car. Like.. Thoroughly...

Then I'll probably take it to the backroads and drive really fast just to celebrate.

Then I'll get home and be bored again.

16. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Don't use imgur. Use photobucket or something, your pictures aren't full resolution.

17. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    I don't believe they are scaled back.

18. I know, but TA doesn't support full resolution anyway cause it goes beyond the borders, so all the photos are reduced unfortunately, but for a quick comparing, they are good enough.

But what killjoy says is correct, the screens look far better on my ipad 3. The screenshots I have all been posting are all heavily compressed. Wish TA would automatically resize photos like other sites do, but anyway, these shots should give you all an idea.

My ipad 3 vs ipad 4 comparison photos are quite striking. I will post them up shortly. Now I want an ipad 5.

19. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

I agree. I can't think of a more active IOS game-focused forum. And every member I've chatted with here has been awesome.

Only other forum I really go to is NeoGAF's monthly IOS Gaming threads, but even those can't match the volume of games discussed here, the number of user impessions, and the relationship that developers have with the communities here

20. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    I'm sorry we aren't offering cross platform multiplayer for this game currently. It'll be iOS vs iOS, Android vs Android, etc.