Asphalt 8: Airborne (By Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mobilegame08, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    TA already confirmed it'll be a buck at release, so i expect IAPs in it.

Also, im counting on the fact that Asphalt 7 was a buck, had IAPs, but was never required of me.

2. Living Legend

Living Legend Well-Known Member

May 30, 2013
    Yeah I hope that IAP isn't required but its still there to give dumb people boosts in-game with real $$$$$$$$!

3. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    ^This

4. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    It'll be exactly as A7 was set up.
    That model worked very well for Gameloft, very well for those that wanted all the cars straight away and very well for those that just wanted to earn all the stuff by playing which was very easy.
    It was a win/win for everybody.
    Its natural enough for there to be some changes but nothing dramatic. They have a very clear aim to replicate how well A7 was received and supported.

5. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Agreed. Gameloft would be stupid to take a different route than what they did with A7.

6. I do approve of this. Let me has it.

7. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Bit harsh. I'm no huge fan of IAPS but its good for people who don't have the time to play non stop to unlock certain cars etc. doesn't mean they're dumb.

9. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    It's exciting. The cars are very wonderful, and I can't wait to see them...

10. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    Looks good. My soon to arrive iPhone 5 needs to be pushed to its limits. :)

11. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Can't await it. For some local friends and me personally Asphalt was always the best iOS arcade racer and the best video game of all time and of all consumer software platforms (last but not least because of the exciting local multiplayer features—setup in less than thirty seconds without ANY cable).

I hope they don't change the physics engine on driving too much. It is and was perfect from A4 to A7 with slightly improvements for advanced controls (p. e. gyro sensors). Statement from an official source:

IAPs never were a problem in the Asphalt series. I've played them through with ALL stars several times and never payed a dime for IAPs and never used that sponsors thingy. You have access to ALL cars and ALL tracks from the very beginning in multiplayer mode (at least in A7 when I played the career mode the last time).

380 km/h? I think I'll take ten of them, in real life:

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Any news on whether or not the new tracks are recycled ones or brand new?

13. Habakuk

#93 Habakuk, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
    I think it will be like in all previous Asphalt versions. Some recycled (A8: Monaco!—last seen in A5 afair), some brand new. According to a reliable source:

(Highlighted: New tracks known so far.)

[​IMG]

Image source: Wikipedia.

I hardly can keep my countenance!!! I was in Venice about 30 times. It's almost my second home! What a marvelous historic & classic place, all of you should go there at least once in life. Venice is built on an archipelago of 117 islands formed by 177 canals in a shallow lagoon, connected by 409 bridges. There are NO cars at all (in real life) in the laguna downtown, only boats!

The canals serve the function of roads, and almost every form of transport is on water or on foot. I am sure we'll see Rialto Bridge and Piazza San Marco in A8. Pretty exciting! Gameloft made it! They found the one and only car-free city in the world—for a racer game! Can't await to see how the… well: …asphalt looks like in Venice!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Guiana
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venice
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nevada_desert

Have some videos of guys trying to talk and to play Asphalt 8 at the same time, first one with the official tA editor (sorry if some of them have been posted before, I still didn't dive through the whole thread):

A8 (starts at runtime 0:40) + some shots of MC5 (@ 2:40)—seems to play the Nevada track:

Anyway… As much as I can see (and understand) the russian guy is pretty pleased with A8. As always: Editors of video game mags and other talking heads can't race at all (and should learn how to hold an iPad in a game with tilt & touch controls). Not only west of Europe as I was afraid of. :rolleyes: It seems to be a worldwide phenomenon. (Except ONE little country in Central Europe…) They are missing almost ALL nitro bottles and forget to launch adrenaline mode. Sigh…

14. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    #94 Leegames, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
    Here is a couple of screens taken from my test drive of Asphalt 8. I can easily say this is the best in the series so far, I would probably say the best racer on iOS even.

Edit... hmm sorry can't get multiple screens to work from my iPad. Will try later if i get the time.

Attached Files:

15. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    One from the Infected game mode.

You can find more on the short preview I did on Gamereactor.dk :)

Attached Files:

16. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    Game looks amazing! Can't wait to play!

17. Habakuk

Thank you very much for those screenshots, Leegames! Very interesting stuff! Infected Mode looks spooky. Do you have a list of the tracks maybe?

18. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    I really hope this gets to be premium and have no dumb timers..Thats what really bummed me out to RR3,such a great potential wasted..

If it does,I hope it will be a phenomenal success financially to send a message..

By the looks of it through watching all the video trailers and demos,this seems to be the best racing game on mobile..

19. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Honestly, this game is looking insane and I can't wait to scoop it up. Even while everybody, including TA, was busy hating on the Asphalt franchise when Most Wanted came out, I held on to this franchise because it has everything I want in a racer.

While most wanted only features boring sprint races, no alternative control options and ability to pick car and track and simply race, asphalt has always given that unrivalled old school racing experience any racing head like me would appreciate.

All that said, I hope the sense of speed and difficulty are highly tweaked this time around to be more like asphalt 6 than 7.

In asphalt 7, cars in tier 6 and 7 go so fast you could barely control them especially on tracks with lots of corners like shanghai, london and miami. It partially ruined the experience for me.

Also a little higher difficult would be great as most time you lack competition once you are in first place and can grab all the power ups before the AI.

20. valdeto

valdeto Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    I think the game will be cool but I do not like the fact that it will be only 48 cars. As you know A7 has a total of 60 cars when it was released and now after the updates - 72 cars.