Asphalt 7 - Heat (gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Der-Kleine, May 4, 2012.

1. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    But paymium is the only paid game GL will do... They said that to PG few months back.

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Haven't gotten N.O.V.A. 3, but from what I've read at least, it doesn't seem to be too heavily dependent on IAPs. Yes, there's quite a few options in there, but the game can be completed without them, can't it?

I don't know. As long as Asphalt 7 has a price tag and everything within it an be unlocked via gameplay, that's fine. Just the nickel-and-dime crap that I can't deal with. Especially if it leads to unbalanced leaderboards/multi-player.

3. PLANET

PLANET Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Jeez...

People, did any of you happen to play A6 earlier? I'm sure some of you did.

I know that Gameloft f*'d up things a bit by introducing freemium where possible (and sometimes where it isn't), but I wouldn't be so pessimistic here.

Reason?
    Look at the statistics first and think.

It's money/cash, stars (all same as in A6) and the last one is probably some kind of XP meter. Quite easy, right?

So...

The MOST possible option is simple - this is cash earned through game-playing. And probably there are two options to earn it.
    1) Playing the game! (drifts, eliminations, jumps, crazy driving, destroying debris and so on and so far)
    2) Using IAPs - optional.

It was the same in A6. One could buy stars, cash and unlock all the decals for the cars.

Of course, the sponsors got modified, they seem to appear very... soon, and the "no thanks" button could give some of us a scare ; ), but still I think it's just an equivalent of "I don't have enough in-game money to buy it". Hopefully.

So - don't fret. At least not yet ; )

To put it short: IMHO - it will be normal game model. A few dollars spent is all we'll actually need to play the game. Of course, IAPs will be present, as usual. But I doubt they will be needed to unlock exclusive content not otherwise reachable.

That's my 3 cents. Let me be not disappointed ; )

4. PLANET

PLANET Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Last time multiplayer was quite funny.

It DID include the bonuses earned while riding in single player, but it did NOT include the sponsors.
    I wouldn't want to into the details, but there was also some other funny aspects of it.

Seriously hoping multi won't be ruined by anything else less the unstable servers and poor network code ; )

5. Hi-Tech

Hi-Tech Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Anyone knows about the O.S. ?
    4?
    4.1?
    4.2?
    4.3?
    5?

I dont know... This game probably will be cool only at the first weeks.

Asphalt 6 & 7 = Xtreme Formula
    Spaceship cars who floating.

In Asphalt 8, gameloft can left the cars stucked and move only the scenario!

6. PLANET

PLANET Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2012
    According to http://asphalt-7-heat.en.softonic.com/iphone (-> See detailed info) the minimum iOS needed is 4.3.
    Which frankly is not fine by me, since I've still got 4.2.1 on my iP4. Would be glad for it coming out on Droid, but still I'll do the backup & upgrade faster than wait for the final version.
    Tho the S3 version should be (well, is expected to) released faster.

7. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I don't think you'll be disappointed at all.
    I have to agree with everything you said.

8. PLANET

PLANET Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2012
    #88 PLANET, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
    Okey dokey, still waiting for Miami Heat (sic... : ) - Oklahoma (City) Thunder NBA Finals game, so while I'm at it... two more links that you folks may find interesting. At least I did ; )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgwxjTn90_Y - German/Deutsch narrated 8,5+ min. review of a pre-release version, I'm quite relieved in many aspects after seeing this.
    And also:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_o-jaCjKiA - the latest Gameloft podcast. Gives some (small amount, but still) inside info (would like to see it tech-side sometime, since I got so attached to the series) and a whole nice input in about 4+ minutes of video. Graphically the quality is much better, quite impressive at times, and traditionally answers some questions and creates new to answer.

I leave the conclusions to you ; )

Go Heat!

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
  10. PLANET

PLANET Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2012
    The original E3 hands-on by PocketGamer introduced a misleading (probably!) info that the brake button is no longer present.

So I wouldn't rely 100% on their info, even tho it seems to be sure.
    However, gonna re-log into US account and slowly start refreshing.. ;)