Universal Asphalt 7: Heat - (by Gameloft)[Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 20, 2012.

1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Yeah, that is correct. Thanks Planet for the clarification. The point of playing a racer is to unlock things (as oppose to an RPG, which you supposedly play it for the story, exploration, etc) so I have no problem with this system. The question is whether the game is balanced to make it fun or to encourage/force you to spend cash. I guess we'll see about that when it comes our stateside.

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#62 Sanuku, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
    System is the same as in Asphalt Six. So the Stars are staying there as long as you use the same Save.

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Seems like Planet has. In any event it seems like you still have to spend in-game cash to purchase upgrades (as Planet explained). The system is similar to that A6.

But perhaps I misread Planet's post.

4. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    In Asphalt 6, the upgrades are not free, but unlocked for all cars when you get one. You still have to purchase them for each car now that they are unlocked.

No, I have not played it yet - waiting until 8 pm tonight. I was mentioning how #6 worked and stating it may possibly be the same system. Sorry for any confusion.

5. PLANET

PLANET Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2012
    #65 PLANET, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
    Oh, probably it's just a coincidence ;)

That would kill the sales. This kind of selling model doesn't pay off, if you happened to just lick some economics you are aware of the fact that this kind of product is not "exclusive" or considered to be "rare" or "expensive", so upping the price would be unnecessary and just killing the sales.
    I agree though with the previous voices that the low price is somehow striking at least a little bit.

Righteeo. I have to agree one can get that impression, since the basic level of stars gained from the race alone is 3 + 3 for the possible unlocked challenges.
    Lastly it was max 3 from the race + 2 from the challenges, but fixed to the very race (sometimes making life very hard).
    That actually makes a bit more possible earned stars per race than is in A6, but then again A6 had a maximum needed star cap of 240 for Veyron, or 250 for promo car, and about 260-265 for all upgrades IF I RECALL RIGHT (please correct me if I'm wrong). The maximum possible star level EXCLUDING IAPs (since it was possible to go even higher than that) was 275.

You are making things more complicated then they are.
    Did any action - buying the car or upgrade - actually DEDUCTED your star count?
    Just a simple question.

Probably not, wouldn't count on it.

6. Torian

Torian Active Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Not for a racing game but I wouldn't mind for a feature packed, beautiful and immersive RPG that provide over 40 hours of solid gameplay. Did that for the 15 dollar sRPG game that was like 2 gig download on my android device, enjoyed it immensely :D

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Final Fantasy Tactics has you covered on iOS;).

8. blommas

blommas Active Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Awesome grapichs!

9. PLANET

PLANET Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2012
    #69 PLANET, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
    @Sanuku:

Please don't go misleading people.

Not only you're wrong, you repeat your mistake in telling people stars are spent.

I would understand that if you haven't had the game, but not only you have it, you did RECORD the fact the stars aren't deducted (unless you are not the player named Sanuku that blasts through the game in his video : ) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlqR7fGU8iM&feature=player_detailpage#t=793s

At 13:12 you earn the 10th start needed to unlock the first unlockable/buyable car, that is Land/Range Rover. At 13:17 you have it unlocked automatically - no stars lost/spent. And given the option to buy it using the in-game cash. You do so at 13:28. (At 13:34 there is a free test drive option, which you accept.) And at 13:37 ; ) you are redirected to a further menu, in which you still have 10 stars.
    For the unconvinced, at 18:36 AFTER THE NEXT RACE you have 13 stars, that is still the 10 that you already had + 3 you just gained from the "Time Attack ; )" race plus 1 for the level 3 reached, 14 (and then 1 for reaching next secondary goal).

In other words:

STARS DO NOT DEDUCT!

(players do not pay with stars).

So apart from this little misunderstanding, your point of view on the game is that it is perfect? ; )
    As it is Gameloft, it can't be perfect, I'm sure our testing team ; ) will be finding problems basing on the "new bug every day" routine ; ) But still, nobody's perfect as they say... ; )

I'm concerned with the network code, as always, but that will need extensive testing, as usual ... ; )))

10. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Ok, I'm officially confused now by the stars thing.
    If its similar to asphalt 6, not a problem. It's probably just harder to accumulate them but then again the career does seem as though it is impressively long.
    If its closer to Fast Five, still a very good game but a bit of a grindfest, not so sure.

I still think it is extraordinarily cheap to buy for 99c but damn those iaps are ridiculously priced.

Plus it does look great and I prefer to unlock as I go along rather than have all the cars available at the beginning. Still gonna buy it though.

Any iCloud support by the way?

11. PLANET

PLANET Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Stars are the same as in A6.

And actually it's kind of easier to gain them - maximum 3 per race + 3 per additional goals + 1 per level gain + probably more (sharing or such).

Just the maximum cap is higher, above 400 compared to 275. Or even there is no maximum cap, if the additional goals keep respawning over and over (tho I doubt it). That means longer single player - nothing wrong with that I guess.

Some grinding wouldn't hurt, tho ; ) Just not extremely..

As for iCloud: dunno.

12. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    1.11 GB? Time for me to delete some apps. >_<

13. If that's the case, it is significantly smaller than Asphault 6, I was worried about the file size for 7, they really need to add icloud support to both 6 & 7, actually any game 500 mb or bigger should be required to use icloud saves.

14. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

So far the game is really good, definetly the best racer on iOS. The biggest problem is, that it isn't really challenging (espechially since the last racing game I played was Wipeout 2048). It's nice that gameloft finally made a new game that actually runs smoothly on an iPod Touch 4.

15. Jacob007

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Gameloft made a game actually decent for iPod 4?
    I'm picking this one up RIGHT when it goes live.

16. rezzo

rezzo Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2012
    1.1GB? no asphalt 7 for me.

17. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Thanks for that info.
    From what you're telling me, it all sounds good to me basically.
    Very similar to 6 in which I had to buy no iap to get the maximum from it.
    The cheap starting price seemed a concern at the beginning but not bothered about the iap now, so it just means its amazing value for money which is good.
    I'll take one good thing from the amount of iap in it though. Their freemium games tend to get updated a lot more than the premium so that bodes well for future updates.

18. Jacob007

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    I'm sure I'll manage to get it, but it'll leave me with a barely a GB left, and I'm quite the app/update shopper, so I'll have to delete some of my well-loved apps.

19. madebymadison

madebymadison Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Artist
    Choppy framerate on the iPad2?
    Ridiculous IAP prices instead of just charging for a good game like the previous Asphalts?

No thank you.
    And here I was SO looking forward to this.

Let's hope the next Need For Speed does a better job.
    Because this is an unacceptable release from Gameloft.
    I LOVED Asphalt 5 and 6 and was willing to shell out 7 or 8 bucks for it. No problem. But this new setup with the IAP. I pretty much stay away from games with too much IAP and I think Apple should set IAP rules.

All I see is a LOT of GREED in developers IAP systems nowadays. It's spreading like a disease.

20. madebymadison

madebymadison Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Artist
    PS: 1.1GB is huge but don't forget: Asphalt 6 Adrenaline was a whopping 1.7 GB on my iPad 2 (installed).