iPad Asphalt 6: Adrenaline - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 20, 2010.

1. tjames15

tjames15 Active Member

Dec 3, 2010
    studying
    OC
    These graphics are crazy! :D

2. KushyKush

KushyKush Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    this is an insta-buy for me, I loved asphalt 5, I mean I have RR2 but when I want some pure arcade action with tons of ridiculous physics and whatnot I love the Asphalt series.

I hope to see some of you guys online :)

3. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    No minimap SUCKS! It freakin' SUCKS so much. No idea where the finish line is SUCKS!

I guess when I learn the tracks it won't be so bad, but for now it SUCKS!

Other than that, this is pretty amazing graphically. And FAST!

4. russiaone

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    So okay, I've played a bit more and I must say this is the best looking racer available on the app store. It's absolutely TOTALLY beautiful to look at.

It's absolutely amazing to me how visually fantastic this Gameloft offering is. It's like a combo of Ridge Racer and Burnout, really. The crashes aren't that bad, really. Only the head-on ones are disappointing.

And it might be me, but it seems all the cars handle differently. I mean, this is never a given, but in this case I think it is.

I LOVE the woman announcer. She's like a WAAAAY less annoying Ridge Racer announcer.

Drifting is easier, although I would prefer if the nitrous and it were switched.

Speaking of nitrous, the inclusion of adrenaline is awe-inspiring. It looks and FEELS freaking SICK!

The music is great, also. Really, it's great.

Overall, with such a nice variety of vehicles to choose from (with decent detail), plethora of GORGEOUS tracks (with different paths), excellent tilt controls, a $7 dollar entry fee, achievements, on-line multi-player, and tuning options, this is EASILY the best arcade racer on the app store. I'd even say it's the best OVERALL racer available.

A downright stupendous value. 9/10

NOTE: I should add I'm playing this on an iPhone 4. Lesser devices are subject to less pwnage.

5. 2hvy4grvty

2hvy4grvty Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    It's still behind RR2 in terms of graphics.

And whether or not it's the best "racer" is subject to which style of racing you're into.

And for the record, I didn't like Ridge Racer. The controls felt awkward. And way too much/expensive IAP for an already mid-priced app. But I'd definitely pay $3 for a track back in RR2 though, and $2 for four cars. Maybe it's just me not liking the game that turns me off.

With that said, I purchased this app for the car selection. Also because I'm a die hard racing fan (albeit sim-oriented). Also because racers are a natural fit for the iOS like no other system.

6. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    ok this is one of the best games I've gotten all year
    it is Miles above Asphalt 5
    the graphics are absolutely great, and the framerate is very very smooth
    as mentioned before, nitrous boost just looks beautiful
    and the woman announcer's voice amuses me, but I'm not sure if it'll get on my nerves later
    getting knock-outs/eliminations is much much easier, if you use adrenaline boost (which gives the track a tron-like feel) if any other car so much as brushes against you they get eliminated
    lol actually elimination doesn't even make sense, I've been surrounded by cars bumping into me and somehow THEY get eliminated. I'm invincible
    feels very different from RR2 to be sure, but is no less of a blast. a true arcade racer. this definitely outdoes NFS

7. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    so your car takes damage and you can crash/wreck it in this game?

8. russiaone

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Damage/Smamage

You CAN wreck, but right after your car is back to new again.

9. kingofkings8183

kingofkings8183 Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Man i dont know,some people on here are talking like Gameloft paid them or something.

10. russiaone

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco

I wish Gameloft would pay me. I need a new television.

11. russiaone

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    After playing some more I'm pretty positive this is the best game I have ever played on an iDevice. Gameloft listened to every single complaint from the last outing and crafted a stunning game here, folks.

It's so fast, yet so controllable. You can tune and paint and place decals on your cars. The way the rain comes in mid-race is jaw dropping. There are short cuts and different paths, jumps, tunnels, VOLCANOES!!!

Greatest iDevice Game Ever.

12. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    Uh... It only took this guy 17 minutes to change his impressions THIS much? Lol

13. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Several respected forum members do like it. It did recieve a 8.0 from Pocket Gamer. Best ever, I have my doubts. I'm convinced enough to give it a go. This game involves no storyline though, obviously. Story elements is Gameloft's weak point. A game like this is where Gameloft could concievably shine.

As far as the Pocket Gamer review, I played Aralon for the first time last night. Granted, I waited intentionally for that last update and I don't know how much that update changed how the game originally performed, but it's inconcievably to me that Pocket Gamer could give that a 6.0. It kinda taints all their review now, in a sense.

14. han0007

han0007 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    First Officer Qantas.
    Melbourne, Australia
    I aint even reading the description or looking at the pics, all i need to read is the title. Instabuy!!!!!!
    Yes thats right, i am buying it because i trust the 'name' and developer. No big deal.

15. marker1c

marker1c Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Philipines
    I'm so tempted to get this but I spent almost $40.00 on apps for this week alone.

16. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    For those who've played both extensively--what improvements really stand out in A6 over A5?

17. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Just bought this and so far it's so much better than A5 ever was

18. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#119 Habakuk, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
    This is exactly my opinion.

You can switch it off separately in sound options. Completely new sound menu. Most comprehensive ever in a game imho.

A6 extensively… well, one hour or so (both iPhone and iPad). Played A5 for days and weeks. :)

All over even prettier. A5 was/is beautiful, A6 is even a bit better in all dimensions. The crashes (instant slow motion replay like in TV) are gorgeous. More elements, better equipped. Seems to be a lot easier in career mode (eliminating), the shortcuts and bonus elements are better to see in the distance. More absolute beautiful tracks (you really have to see them), more outstanding cars. Outstanding effects in Adrenaline mode. Better music and fx sounds. More fun. More frantic speed feeling. Just more hightech Asphalt. :)

Best App Store game buy. For me personally. Didn't try multiplayer yet, but it worked fine in A5 already.

19. Bad Hanson

Bad Hanson Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    This is the truest thing can be said for this game. They have so very nearly created a game which could stand up to a competent psp/console racer. So close it is tangible. A6 is a very well rounded and accomplished outing. Driving physics are on the button, the sense of speed but much more importantly the feeling of control sit well together, and the frame rate on my iphone 4 is smoooth. I have blitzed about 15% of the game in the first sitting. Might go for a spot of real racing 2 now, -not for something better but something altogether different...I'm ok with auto accelerate in Asphalt (it being arcade) I like the manual setting in RR. Money well spent, fully recommended gang. There's my stamp of approval to go with the others. :)