iPad Asphalt 6: Adrenaline - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 20, 2010.

1. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Just looked at the video and studied it a second time round.

And i found this video which has a Gameloft rep going over the games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt9IcIbzoXY

By looking at the video i can see that

-Other vehicles as in Vans and Public cars have very little detail.And look Toy'ish.
    -Buildings Dont have much Detail and also look To'yish
    -Buildings Look Flat
    -Car sounds are a bit weird. Dont know how they fully sound though
    -The Nitrous looks to unrealistic
    -Cars seem to drive fine though unlike GT Academy 2 they are on the ground. LOL
    -Turning doesn't seem very smooth. I mean come-on even the Gameloft Rep is having trouble turning.
    -The Menus seem allright and clear though.

I aint really trying to say the game is bad as i dont have it yet. All i am saying is that these are my personal opinions of the game so far by viewing these videos.

As for other details i would have to get to check up on. But i think i might skip this due to the fact that it looks toy'ish.

2. g-unit-14

g-unit-14 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    Yes they also put really bright colours to asphalt games and that makes it unreleastic also the speed you get like 500 Omg that is stupid RR2 Best

3. HairyPotter

HairyPotter Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
  4. Metalhead980

Metalhead980 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I hate simulation racers they bore me to death. This is why I'm so excited for this game. Pure arcade racing, great looking graphics and online support? Instabuy!!!!!

5. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

I'm afraid sony have won this round; marcus appears to have infiltrated the TA forums :eek:

+1 i love arcade racers as well :)

6. Metalhead980

Dec 9, 2010
    Dude RR2 is a racing sim. How are you comparing that to a super fast arcade racer like asphalt? The entire arcade racing genre is supposed to be filled with bigger than life graphics and colors, unrealistic effects and super speed.

7. HairyPotter

HairyPotter Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Naa, I spent more money to iOS games than to PSP games, but still be able to see what games are the best. Nearly every one agreed that the cop chases in Asphalt 5 where total BS, mixed up and unrealistic hard, unenjoyable. That cop chases where gamelofts first try to copy Burnout gameplay, and they failed miserably. Let's see about A6, maybe they a bit better this time.

8. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    All he is saying is that he prefers games like RR2 that have real graphics not cartoon ones. Everyone is allowed to have there own opinion without people judging it. And in my own opinion RR2 is a much better game from the start due to the fact that it is more realistic in more ways than just the graphics.

So if you dont like what me and him like to say then just ignore it OK

9. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Gotta shove this into the store to compete with NFS: Hot Pursuit and Real Racing 2. *throws a little bit of polish on it* Okay boys, ship this to Apple.

In other words, I bet they were saving it to compete with the other two

10. Metalhead980

Dec 9, 2010
    #30 Metalhead980, Dec 20, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
    You can't compare a racing sim with a arcade racer. They both offer a completely different experience. How many times have you seen a game like GT compared to burnout? You don't because they fall into different sub genres. It's apples and oranges, to compare the two shows lack of knowledge of not only sub genres but video games in general and i refuse to ignore such idiocy and will weight in everytime someone tries to compare sub genres like this. Now if he was comparing Asphalt with NFS that would be different.

11. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Exactly. Nobody should really be comparing this to Real Racing 2, as they have completely different game styles.

This game should be compared to previous Asphalt games and games like NFS: Hot Pursuit.

And btw, Touchgen reviewed this game and gave it 4.5/5 (9/10), so I'm expecting it to be good.

12. Bad Hanson

Bad Hanson Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    No one is expecting this to be a better offering than RR2 for that we will need to wait for RR3. At best this game could be a fun arcadey racer. Whether or not this is so rests on how much they improved this from the last years version. If all they have done is spruce up the graphics and added online MP then I'm not going to bother. If on the other hand reports start to come in which judge it positively in it's own light and on it's own merits (without resorting to comparing to RR which is 'fundamentally' a sim) if so then I will buy it.

13. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    #33 bmdino, Dec 20, 2010
    A5 had online multiplayer..

14. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#34 Habakuk, Dec 20, 2010
    Wow! Can't await it.

Played Asphalt 5 for hours local wifi or bluetooth multiplayer w iPhone and HD version on iPad; worked like a charm (RR as well btw). Yes it's really hard to unlock the racing events in career mode (you'll have to learn ALL the tricks like chasing cops, eliminating, drifting, to escape, duel, last man standing, time attack etc. during urban rush hours on lovely and really impressing public roads) and you need it as well as all the shortcuts and triple ramps for using the brilliant tracks in multiplayer mode, however, you can make use of all the really really awesome cars from the very beginning afair (in mp mode). Made it up to level 30 of 50 or so.

I played Real Racing a lot too, it's more precise with controls and, well, as said before: more a simulator. Will buy RR2 when it gets a price drop sometimes, RR1 needed four months to get a bit cheaper (for €2.50…) Need for Speed I played less of those high quality racers (but I LOVE the Citroën DS).

Asphalt got the ideal combination of fantasy and fun, sense of speed and a bit of realism (at least the best cars). Instabuy.

In the meantime, until it's available, I'll take a gulp of nitro.

15. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
  16. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    I liked the review :D

17. thewiirocks

thewiirocks Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Expert Software Engineer
    Looks like more of the same. Prettier graphics, tweaks to the gameplay, but not a fundamental change.

In case any Gameloft folks are listening: Gameloft should really try something different. Something like a San Fransisco Rush clone. Any full-up racing game that lets me jump a supercar over a building is an insta-buy in my book. :D

18. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Looks good, but i think Secrets of Mana has my money

19. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    For people complaining about the graphics, it looks like a burnout clone. That's why it looks that way. However, previously Asphalt games have never played like Burnout. I suspect this game still plays in a way similar to previous verisions and it is in the core gameplay itself that this franchise falls short, in terms of it's appeal. It's too arcade-y. Over the top arcade-y. It's makes me think of games like Cruisin the USA.

20. eXistenT

eXistenT Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Germany
    icon is nice:D that purple really blows my mind