iPad Asphalt 4 Price drop to 5.99

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by pablo19, Dec 2, 2008.

1. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    #1 pablo19, Dec 2, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
    Why would they do this after thanksgiving of black friday?

Edit:Sneezies looks fun

2. mrsteveman1

mrsteveman1 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2008
    In my opinion, because it isn't such a good game, the controls are weird to me and i hate playing it :D

But then again, plenty of good reviews on the app store for some reason, so i don't think they are responding to negative criticism.

3. Mahaa93

Mahaa93 Well-Known Member

they are deserate to make it back into the top 25 before NFS comes out

4. MarkEightThree

MarkEightThree Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Design
    Toronto, CA
    #4 MarkEightThree, Dec 2, 2008
    Yea it seems like the current crop of racing games are shaking in their boots. I picked up Raging Thunder at $2 [great game!] but I think I'll be skipping this one.

5. polyplay

polyplay Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Minnesota
    Personally, I found this one enjoyable. I paid $8 for it back in the day and definitely got my money's worth. It's plenty long, there are lots of unlockables, the graphics aren't terrible, and there are several different game modes.

The controls are a little weird, primarily because the drift mechanics are so tough to handle. But overall, I've been pretty happy with the game, and I think it's probably worth the price if you want a few hours of solid gameplay.

6. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #6 salsamd, Dec 2, 2008
  7. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I'm just a little PO'd that I bought the game at $10 and now it's $6. I've been seeing stuff like this happen a lot recently :\

8. powderski11

powderski11 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    yeah thats why i never buy anything thats over 3 bucks, hope asphalt will come down even more.

9. CBraun53

CBraun53 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    So you think Raging Thunder is worth the $2? I am considering purchasing it, but everyone in another thread hated the game and said it wasn't even worth the $2.

10. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    I don't like it.
    The controls are weird
    Theres no acceleration button, i think
    Asphalts a great game but i wouldn't be surprised once NFS and Ferrari whatever comeout to see the price drop even more. Thats the app store for ya.

11. powderski11

powderski11 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    I dunno i think Raging Thunder was 2 dollars well spent. I dont see anything wrong with the controls or with the multiplayer (although it should be possible to play with less than 3 other ppl), and personally i dont think an acceleration button is necessary for racing games. I mean plenty of games do fine without one (eg. powerboat).

12. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    They started a new thing called Cyber Monday, basically the equivalent of Black Friday but for online shoppers. So, I guess it makes sort of sense?...

Not worth more than $0.00

13. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    You ain't seen nothing yet, couple of games I bought for 10 bucks are 1 buck now and other games I bought at full price when they came out are free now or have been free for a short time.

14. MarkEightThree

MarkEightThree Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Design
    Toronto, CA
    I'm not sure if it's still $2, but if it is you should get it. The controls work more effectively when you turn down the sensitivity and there's really no need for manual acceleration. If you have to have it, there is an option for touch steering and gas.

Either way I think it's $2 well spent. That's pretty much the price of a cup of coffee. Also, Polarbit is one of the better devs out there with two great well-polished racing titles [Crash Nitro Kart and RT] so throwing a few bucks their way could help fund some great future titles.

15. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    I've probably put in 35+ hours into Assphalt. For me, that's well worth the original 10 bucks - no regrets at all though it is surprising how poorly the game holds up now (just kinda dull)