Universal Ashworld (By Orange Pixel)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by psj3809, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Is the game on “finished” state or are there major improvements underway planned?

Don’t get me wrong, the game is fine, but I prefer to play games when they are “complete” if that makes sense.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Getting quite far but seems to be a few issues. Often I’m right next to or on the house in the map and when I turn off the map there’s no location to be seen. If you go in the corners it seems to go a bit weird as in your location suddenly seems to move.

I was on the mission to drop some car parts off or something. I follow the arrow but nothing’s there. No one to meet or way to finish that mission (deliver the goods). Any idea what I can do ? On day 55 now

3. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    That's cool!

It may be hard for developers, but it would be fun to have seasonal updates like this. :)

And orange pixel games are usually difficult. Please, make it a little easier.

Although the sense of accomplishment in overcoming the difficulties is good, I think it is also important to relieve stress by playing game.

Anyway, I like orange pixel games. Cheer.;)

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I agree some of the other games are way too tricky. I don’t think this one is. Tons of stuff to pick up. Often when one car tries to attack you many many more do. It’s easy to kill them. Just find the map seems to have issues

Really liking this. Would love a sequel.

5. orangepascal

orangepascal Well-Known Member

it's finished except for small fixes that I do and this one bonus character that's only added as fun extra for my newsletter subscribers to unlock :)

no big/major additions planned, so in that sense: it's done!

6. orangepascal

you can always use your binoculars to look a round a bit if the house isn't exactly where the map says it is. And when you move outside of the map, the map can't show you (since you are outside the edges) so it changes into an arrow pointing to where you are outside of those map edges.. hope I described that clearly? :D

not sure which mission you mean.. I'm guessing the package delivery boy mission ? there should be a shop near where the arrow says you had to go, go into that shop, and he should be glad you delivered the packages!

7. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Thanks for the feedback!

I have already grabbed it on Steam on iOS, so I guess it's time to finally play, since nothing major is planned! ;)

8. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    I got Orange Pixel newsletter. It's like choosing a hidden character. Dino is very cute. :)

9. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    It is also on a temporary discount. Games with Orange Pixel may be temporarily on sale. :)
    If you haven't enjoyed it yet, take this opportunity!

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #151 psj3809, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    Anyone an expert on this ? need some help

Still on the mission which says i have to meet up with someone to 'deliver the goods'

I get to the spot but theres no one there. I just get attacked tons, i can survive (i'm on day 121 !) but i just want to complete the mission. Pascal said theres a shop there but cant seem to find it.

Anyone got a list of missions/help ?

11. orangepascal

frustrating :/ normally the 'deliver the goods' is indeed bringing your "package" (in inventory) to the shop at the location specified.

However, before you go crazy.. I have gotten a report that some shops turn into a normal building at some point.. I haven't been able to replicate this or check it, but if that IS a bug, then it's possible your target shop bugged out into a normal building. Which would make it impossible to complete this question :/ (unless a new game is started)

and I should still post that list of missions onto the orangepixel mailing list along with some tips.. I'll try to get around to that this week!

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thanks, at the destination theres just a fire. I've moved around that area trying to find the nearest building but cant find one. I'll keep searching, i think the one i'm running might be a bug. Just i'm so far on the days and so 'tooled up' ideally i dont want to start again.

Yeah those tips/tricks will be good, thanks

13. orangepascal

I've scheduled the "Walkthrough + tips&tricks" mailing for tomorrow, contains the full mission list, and some game tips that might help people survive in the Ashworld :)

(for anybody who is interested in these tips, signup here: https://www.orangepixel.net/sign-up/ any later sign-ups will get older game-tip issues automatically mailed over the first weeks after signing up, so don't worry)

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thanks for the newsletter email. Really helps

Reckon my original game/save was a bit buggy, started again and everythings falling into place. Enjoying playing this a second time from the start

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Right I’ve got quite far now. I’ve got the 4 gateways working by adding the microchips. Then the large towers are open

What now ? If I go in the tower there’s a locked box I can’t opwn. I’d i go in the small gateways I can’t seem to find any important objects. Should I do them in a certain order ?

16. orangepascal

open the locked box! :)
    I'll give some info on how in the spoiler below.. just in case you want to figure it out yourself and don't want the spoiler

so you can open locked boxes (and cabinets for that matter) by crafting a lock-pick (requires some skelly bones, if I recall correctly)
    or unlocking the lock-picker skill using your XP
    locked cabinets can also be blown up, but there's a big chance the item within will explode with it

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thanks I’ll make sure I get that skill point next !

Really enjoying the main story

18. pioneer22022001

pioneer22022001 New Member

Jan 30, 2018
    Hey, what about the Snow Globe, i put it in a hole and the game restarted, or maybe i should put it in when 100% complete ?

19. orangepascal

It's an alternate ending to the game, smashing the snow-globe that your world lived in. It should also provide you with the "breaking the 4th wall" achievement. It's a wink to a various other sci-fi and stories .. and I thought it was funny :)