Universal Ashworld (By Orange Pixel)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by psj3809, Dec 6, 2017.

1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Hi. Unsure what to do next. There’s no indication of where to go or a mission etc. I went to the garage in the top right. Found someone’s dog but that’s it.

How do I carry on doing more missions or get new missions ?

2. orangepascal

orangepascal Well-Known Member

have you visited the compound after the dog ? (it's the base for most of the things if you get lost)
    - also, read the text.. I know there's a lot of it, and I won't do that again in my next game, but there are hints, instructions, and useful stuff in there! ;)

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thanks I’ll double check. So do I get a new mission then it mentions where to go in the top left ?

Or is it more vague ?

4. orangepascal

buildings or characters with missions have an icon twirling above it/them..
    also you can try talking to compound NPC's if you're lost, they often will point you to the nearest mission/quest building

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Ahhh okay thanks for that tip. Didnt realise about the twirling icon. I'll look out for that. Still loving this, the battles are great, enjoy the platform parts as well. Love thinking i'm in a mad max game taking fuel to put in my main car etc. Really cool game

6. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Took them long enough

Congratulations

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    any chance of a screenshot of a building with that icon ? Went to the main town and nothing seems to have a flashing icon

Cheers

8. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
  9. orangepascal

Pushing v1.5.1 to app store now (hopefully app-store approval before the weekend)

A quick update before the year ends, fixing some crashing bugs and all the rare-item quests.
    Apparently it was possible to activate the sniper rifle from your inventory, and when in sniper mode you could easily switch to any other weapon and use that with the sniper-scope.. only one player noticed it so far :)

There were also some issues with the rare-items, they popped up too often (so much for being rare) which is now fixed, and the accompanying quests have also gotten a fix making them actually completable in the right way. Finally some fixes with interface issues and a skill-selection crash-bug.

Happy surviving!

fix: you could swap weapon while in sniper-mode
    fix: made a few difficult building-jumps easier to do
    fix: inventory-crafting requirements now fit on smaller screen-formats
    fix: selecting some of the 2nd-tier skills could crash the game (using mouse or touchscreen)
    fix: limited the placement of rare-items
    fix: rare-item quests now function properly
    fix: entering/exiting rare-item quests would trigger unlimited looting

10. pioneer22022001

pioneer22022001 New Member

Jan 30, 2018
    Has anyone met the Terraform mission? I don't know what to do next :(((

11. orangepascal

I know! :)

Spoiler alert:

- did you find and bring the 4 motherboards to the techguy?
    - did you activate all 4 terra towers? if so, that's the end of the story-missions, all that's left are the sub-quests (complete X from X) and kill all ragers for a 100% completion

12. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Ok i am officially stuck. I have played for almost 3 hours to find a book an idol and a phone but there is no indication as where to go? Am i supposed to search blindly? If that is the case then ok but i have no clue where to go. Do i have to search every building in the entire map?

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah i'm a bit like you. Even at the start i found the dog then couldnt find the 'kid' to give the dog back to ! I've been driving about like mad blowing things up, killing baddies etc. Do enjoy it but would love a spoiler list of where the missions are etc as i'm just driving about like an idiot !

When you find a 'house' to go into do you get anything for 'clearing' it out of all the baddies ? I often get to the lowest level but dont always find many useful items.

Like i say i'm enjoying it 'scavenging' and using the 'laser gun' to kill the big enemy you often get. Just cant seem to find many missions !

Also does anyone else have this issue ? I follow the 'arrow' to say where i think i have to go next and when its near the top of the screen it seems to go crazy. I cant seem to get to the place i want and i'm just driving up and and up forever. Its like theres no 'edge' to the map ? Seems to get a bit confused there as even if i turn around i seem to be not going backwards down the map

14. sakara214ever

May 10, 2012
    Lol what? You have to give the dog to a kid?:confused: how are we supposed to know that? You get nothing for clearing a building from the baddies! That one i know.
    I have the same problem with the indicator btw!

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #136 psj3809, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    Well its not definite. I thought you had to as i see the kid who mentions the dog. The i find the dog and he follows me but i couldnt find the kid. Perhaps you do just find the dog then thats that. The dog was annoying though as it keeps biting !

I've started to destroy fuel depots and also active those terra towers i see. When i destroy the fuel depot's it says stuff like '1/4 destroyed' so i hunt those out

Cant seem to find that 'book'. But still exploring the map a lot

A list of missions from the dev would be handy. Enjoying the wandering about and killing bandits etc. I'll put on a gassuit and try to clear out those other places as well

16. orangepascal

You don't have to bring the dog back to the kid, the dog is "yours" from there on.. unless you drive away without waiting for him. The dog will attack enemies/critters and will dig the dirt if there's something to be found

usually if you are lost, go to the compound, the save base. There is often a mission there for you (after the dog, you'll have to go to the shop for the next one)

if you activate the terra-towers, you're actually done with all story missions ;) all that's left is all the sub-missions (1/x) and kill all ragers you see for a 100%. As for the book/phone/console, those are sub-quests, you can do them (and need to do them if you want 100%) but not part of the story missions :)

I'll do a full mission-list tips'n'tricks in one of the newsletters soon for anybody interested - you can signup at www.orangepixel.net/sign-up/

17. sakara214ever

May 10, 2012
    That is why i will always buy every game you make. Signing up right now:D

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Great stuff Pascal. Thanks

Don’t ge me wrong I really like the game. Love driving round (reminds me of an old 8 bit game - Tranz Am)

19. orangepascal

have you found the Interceptor yet? (there's only one in the whole of Ashworld, so takes some searching)