Universal Ashworld (By Orange Pixel)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by psj3809, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Great to see the developer come on here and mention the update and before the weekend too
    I’m glad I got it now because with fixes this game can be really good

2. millerjs86

millerjs86 Member

Feb 19, 2017
    Ooof this game is hard. Which is a bit frustrating. But I’ll keep with it. seems fun so far. I’ve also had the issue with the car controls being backward which really sucks.

Side notes: might be nice to have some HUD elements? Like an experience bar? No idea how the leveling works. Someone mentioned difficult settings which I would agree with. I read a lot of steam reviews about the difficulty being a bit silly, and being on a phone/tablet certainly adds to it.

Maybe a tutorial or some tips or something?

Looking forward to playing more :D

3. beelzebubble

beelzebubble Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    I want to like the game but some issues are making it hard for me.

1. Everything is very small. That includes the buttons even on the when set to big. It can be hard to see what is going on. Inventory and the like are also hard to see.
    2. You don't seem to be able to tap to finish a conversation. I have to guess where the map button or some other button is and push one of them to get out of a conversation.
    3. Got stuck in a building. Got the bottom easily but then couldn't make it up to a high ledge to get out. There seems to be a double jump but it only seems to work after jumping up onto a ledge?
    4. Car is hard to control.
    5. I wish there were hard save points. I have to guess how much of my progress will be saved when I quit. I think saving progress is very important in an open world game/RPG.

4. orangepascal

orangepascal Well-Known Member

there are hud elements, and XP is shown when you take a breather in the map or pause screen or when you are a a "skill" desk where you can upgrade your skills

Those are mostly from earlier versions of the game tho ;) the game was even harder at the start! and got fixed for most players before it got to the iOS release. But there are still some changes in this respect coming in the update.

5. orangepascal

1. which device? iphone X ? can you get me a photo / screenshot of it?
    2. known bug, fixed in next update.. altho tapping in bottom-left should work fine for now, and bottom-right is often the "skip" button.
    3. need food! it's the only gameplay thing I haven't found a 100% fix for it, but there are signs and warnings when you enter a building with low health/energy (low energy means less jumping power).. it's about survival, bring food and water (NPC's will also give you water when you are very low on health in buildings)
    4. try another car? they all handle differently
    5. leaving a building is a save-point. So the last building you exited is where you load your continue point.

6. orangepascal

Quick progress update:

The things currently fixed, and coming in the next update :
    - Crafting menu issues are fixed
    - "Dialogues and where to touch them" - fixed (for now: bottom-left is always working, bottom-right is always "skip" dialogue)
    - gamepad up/down during racing (tip: the gass is also on the right-shoulderbutton, but flipping up/down in next update)
    - ledges/floors will have a bit more highlight, making them more distinct from the background in some area's
    - picking up weapons also gives you some ammo (so no more having weapons but absolutely no ammo at the start)
    - day/night cycle has gotten a small slow down
    - a bit less enemy-spawns in the early stages of the game

Some tips:

- Don't dive into the missions too soon.. get some inventory by entering all the compound buildings and scrap what ever you can find (weapons,ammo,drink,food,meds,etc). Then slowly build up from there by moving to the nearest buildings (use car's radar, or your binoculars)

- Your "home" (after doing the first garage mission) always has a bed + full fridge + "skill desk". Use the fridge to get full energy back, and then use the bed to get full health back (won't work if you have no energy). Use skill desk to use your experience points to improve your character.

- Cars are fun, but also pretty easy to get, so don't get too attached to any car.. Also all cars handle differently, so learn which is good for what ;)

- Raw meat + campfire wood + matches = .... !

- Water, food-bars, sandy burgers, and cooked food are all ways to improve your health and energy.. important stuff!

- Letting Rager bad-guys survive a fight means they get bragging rights and become a stronger and harder opponent! so try not to run away from a fight !

7. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Bought it!

8. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    #68 Ghostdog1, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    I have no clue how to get new cars. After losing my first car i only get run over by other cars. There is no chance for me to steal a car. And the car shop is too expansive. So how can i get a car as easy as you say? Running on foot means i will die anyways.

On my ipad air with ios 10 the ammo inventory is bugged. I always lose some of my bullets or other ammo without dying by just going into a new building. For an example: when i was on the sandworm quest and had finally found 3 rockets for the launcher. Somehow this rockets disapear without shooting them. It happend two times with the rocket launcher for me after i looted some other buildings. This is very frustrating. Also because its nearly impossible to find this rockets.

9. orangepascal

- you can hit or shoot cars, that mostly gets the driver out of the car.
    - and honestly just fixed a bug where sometimes the ammo could go *poof* and vanish :) and sounds like that's the bug you ran into with the rockets.

doing some final checks and changes, and then uploading the update to the appstore.

10. Manuls

Manuls New Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Non responsive touch

Hi Developer,

thanks for this hopefully awesome game.

Sadly i cant really play it at the moment, because the screen is not really responsive most of the time.

Tabbing to end conversations, closing menus and so on. The actual movement controls seem to work.

Thanks in advance

Manuel

11. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    One I started tapping the actual text instead of where it says 'tap here', conversations seemed to work as intended. Though they were still missing the 'close' type dialogue in the bottom right of the screen when conversation was completed. Other than that, the controls being adjustable helped quite a bit with the driving and platforming gameplay once I got them positioned and sized how I liked.

I'm still just scratching the surface of this... But about an hour in and it's starting to click with me.

Super excited to finally have this on my phone.

=D

12. beelzebubble

beelzebubble Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    #72 beelzebubble, Dec 7, 2017
    I feel like it would be good to not have enemies enter places like the compound. It's nice to have a place you can get a reliable breather and it sort of gets irritating when you are trying to talk to NPCs. They cower when enemies get near them, right? I couldn't tell if the one I was trying to talk to was stuck on a building or cowering.

EDIT: Thanks for all the prompt and detailed replies! Very much appreciated!

13. orangepascal

The compound is basically a safe zone.. however!.. it is possible to have ragers chasing you (from the outer edges of the screen) and they won't just stop and will enter the compound if they can. So as long as the area around the compound is safe, you are also safely moving around in it. (tip: destroy any totems nearby the compound as soon as possible)

Critters, creeps and such all do enter and spawn near the compound, they have no regards for boundaries ;) and they will also make NPC's tremble (even if you don't see them, the creatures might be behind a building or crate or something, but it's near!)

14. LANCEtheLAW

LANCEtheLAW Active Member

Oct 4, 2012
    #74 LANCEtheLAW, Dec 7, 2017
    (As far as recording gameplay) I'm not sure if it is the quickness of the game or a program not handshaking properly on my end or a mixture of both as far as the gameplay seeming a little choppy sometimes. Rest assured the game runs buttery smooth when playing, only after recording the gameplay and playing it back does it seem to lose a frame here and there.
    As I said in a previous post, I'm running into most of the same issues as others as you will see if you watch the vid. All good, looking forward to the updates and fixes. Keep on keepin on Orangepixel and Orangepascal. Thanks for all the activity in the forums. Cheers!
    First 30+ minutes of gameplay
    Part 1 of 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtqjTtuZ4hc&t
    Part 2 of 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO6aQmDrgy4&t

15. orangepascal

Version 1.4.0 should be hitting the app-store any hour now (submitted and approved)

Full change list:
    - fix: gamepad up/down was backwards in driving
    - fix: Craft menu, selecting item to craft, triggers a category-item to be tapped (so changes to consumables, or weapons, etc)
    - fix: dialogues, getting through last line requires tapping on the left (not anywhere/right edge)
    - fix: not showing touch-controls when using a gamepad
    - fix: made weapons without ammo not "equipable"
    - fix: some info in codex wouldn't fit on screen
    - fix: weapons didn't shoot when 0 ammo, but still extra clips in inventory
    - fix: enemy car drivers now get out instead of driving endless circles around you when on foot

- balance: added some highlights to ledges and floors, make it stand out more
    - balance: picking up weapon now always gives you some ammo with it
    - balance: small slowdown on the day/night cycle
    - balance: changed spawn rates on ragers, easier at start of a new game
    - balance: lowered amount of enemy cars spawning at once
    - balance: slightly lower energy for ragers and skellies

16. Theprodigyhnic

Oct 25, 2012
    When does the android version release?

17. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    That is why i love orangepascal. He listens to the community and tries to implement all the good stuff in to the game. I am going to buy this gem now. Thanks.

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    He’s one of the best devs there is. Hope he gets lots of sales

19. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    Bought! Can't wait to see what this offers!

20. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    What’s the ammo for the flaming boomerang? I kept meaning to ask. I created one but can’t use it since I need the ammo.