Universal Ashworld (By Orange Pixel)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by psj3809, Dec 6, 2017.

1. orangepascal

orangepascal Well-Known Member

they will be in! :p but there's already more than chit-chat.. there are hints in there also!
    and tweaks are coming, got a slow growing list of "MUST DO" items

2. atalkinghamsandwich

atalkinghamsandwich Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Amazing. Have fun Dude! I’ll keep playing!

3. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    #43 Ghostdog1, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    I like this game. But i would apreciate it much more if it was 50% slower.
    I think this fastpaced game is for now just too frustrating. Loosing a car in the wrong spot in the desert means getting ran over again and again by thousands of cars and getting shot all time by mobs that were thrown at you without the slightest chance to avoid any of them. I was so much hoping this game would be more skillbased.
    But anyway, nice game orangepixels.

Will keep it and play it maybe once some updates are out.

And i just watched a gameplay video of the game and now i know, that i missed all dialogues because of the bugged 'tap' function. All i could do is skip all.

4. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I have to agree. I've always thought OrangePixels' games moved too quickly. They are just too chaotic. I've never seen any other game move so fast as his games so there must be a lesson to learn here.

5. Daddy_Wallace

Daddy_Wallace Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 15, 2015
    Loving it so far but also getting tap issues

iPhone 7 ios11.2

6. LANCEtheLAW

LANCEtheLAW Active Member

Oct 4, 2012
    #46 LANCEtheLAW, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    Frustrating first 30 minutes. Do yourself a favor and change the controls to BIG immidiatly and space the buttons out further apart. Had many issues with chat not going away even after tapping like a madman, then it would finally go away on its own after more than a few seconds. I can see enjoying this game after those quick fixes of making control buttons bigger (in the options), more spaced out(in the options), and the chat not going away(bug update?). Will have unedited gameplay up this evening.. you'll be able to see where the chat sticks around for a little too long. Keep the updates coming. Cheers.
    iPhone 6S+ 10.3.2 (will try on OG iPad Air later)

EDIT- Am I not equipping things properly? I'll click on the shotgun icon when I'm in the backpack, I'll press "equip" in bottom left hand corner, and still only be using my fists when I'm out of the backpack menu. Thanks.

7. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    IMO
    I would highly recommend to implement a difficulty setting:
    Very Easy = 50% gamespeed
    Easy = 75% gamespeed
    Normal = 100% gamespeed

The slower the game is played, the more tactical the gameplay will be. The player can think a second about his reaction instead of just reacting. This will also attract other players.

For me orangepixel is a developer with god tier games and ideas that i allways give up on while im haflway in. I just want to change this.

8. HEAVY

HEAVY Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I want my money back

9. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    So contact Apple? What does that have to do with this thread?

10. HEAVY

HEAVY Member

Aug 8, 2015
    No tutorial. Horrible HUD. Awful controls. Novel graphics and style (as always), but when you can’t even tell if the smudge in front of your character is an item or an enemy, then you know you wish you didn’t pull the trigger on this one. Enemies follow you into buildings (huh?) and when you’re inside you can’t even tell what are ledges that you can jump on, if you can even jump because the buttons are so bad. Sorry if I’m being brutal. I always want to like the games from this developer. But I can’t. Everything is so dark and small and unexplained. But hey. If this suits your fancy, then sweet!

11. Professionalbum

Professionalbum Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Professional bum
    The Prison Planet
    Maybe it’s just me

Been a follower of this developer for years; the minute I found this was available-instant buy.

Playing with my mfi controller(Nimbus) and the controls are kinda finicky; maybe needs a controller sensitivity setting if possible. Also it’s kinda odd to pull back to accelerate and braking is opposite(I never played console games with inverted controls so it’s all new to me).

Also there was one area that I entered and I couldn’t get jump or get back out of it. Eventually dying let me start over.

Not complaints mind you-just observations and maybe they’ll be addressed and make this already great idea work even better.

Thanks

12. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    See, you should have said all this in the first place as it's contributing to the discussion and the developer I'm sure would love to know why you want your money back. Sucks it didn't jive with you but thanks for at least elaborating on your thoughts.

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    You know Pascal will sort out any issues. His previous games are quality. Yeah some teething issues but I’m fine paying a few dollars for this game and to wait for an update. I’m enjoying this but yeah an update to sort a few issues would be great

14. orangepascal

sorry, but if you want a refund, you have to do that through Apple/app-store support thingies (I don't have your money for another 30+ days). Sad that you don't like the game, but totally possible since I don't make games for "everyone" (and somewhat expected if you don't like any of my previous games either).

I have thought about the ledges problem tho, and that's one of the things on the todo list! adding a bit of highlighting to them

15. orangepascal

already have fixes for:
    - crafting screen issues
    - dialog-touch issues

looking into:
    - mfi controller issue (cars-controls sounds backflipped for some controllers)
    - adding some ammo to weapon-pickups (so less "equip empty weapon" situations)
    - highlighting ledges/floors in buildings

plan to push a first update before the weekend, with the major things fixed

but now I'm off to bed ! :p

16. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    So it was exactly like i was afraid of. Control issues and game speed imake the game almost impossible to play. I have faith in orangepascal and i will wait for them to be fixed before i buy. :)

17. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    The touch issues during dialogue are a pain to deal with. Money has already been spent, unfortunately. This game will be drawing dust for now, and hopefully the update will adequately address this and other issues..

18. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    #58 dbagga84, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    Hah told ya there’s a crafting issue with touch. Like I said before I plugged my nimbus in, tried crafting boomerangs and it kept sending me to consumables screen and I still had no boomerangs :p but all that stops when I use a controller.

Anyways slowing time down a bit would be really nice. It can still be chaotic, it actually is just as chaotic at night as the day if you travel by vehicle since you get bombarded by every driver left alive post apocalypse. Lol. It would just be nice to have some more time to look around because the games so big and open, the speedy gameplay doesn’t quite fit here like it would in previous games.

Anyone found a use for the raw meat that isn’t edible?

Oh and pleeeeeeeease switch the driving controls to up is forward and down is reverse.

Oh sorry I see some of that is on your look into list. Hah see I get to typing and forget my head :p sorry I’ve told ya all the stuff I felt needed fix, changed but never even told you. I’m using an iPhone 8 Plus and SteelSeries nimbus. So far the only posts I’ve read where the driving controls were backwards were with steelseries controllers. If it’s true at least it’s easier to fix lol.

19. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    I tap bottom right to exit dialog not left. I guess both work :p (with touch not controller obviously)

20. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Oh by the way, allowing us to resize each control option separately is a win win and no one would complain about that. There’s no down side to it. ;)