Universal Ashworld (By Orange Pixel)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by psj3809, Dec 6, 2017.

1. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Is this a rogue-like? (i.e. if you die you have to start over)
    Also, does it have a story and an ending?

Thanks!

2. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Beware the skullys. :,( holy cow!

3. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    There’s story. Everytime i died I just hit continue and it loads the last auto save

4. Qvothe1331

Qvothe1331 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2017
    41.6mb
    Wow, haven't seen a file size like that recently

5. Lurchroboter

Lurchroboter Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2016
    Like one steam review said, this gives me a nice evil dead vibe # also got the problems with buttons not responding, though

6. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Yeah, work definitely needs to be done in button and general tap responsiveness. Kind of surprised with Orangepixel’s track record of having great controls.

Maybe the PC version was developed first and this is actually a port?

7. orangepascal

orangepascal Well-Known Member

clicking craft, takes you to the crafted item, which in most cases is in the consumables (it should be flashing for a second)

if MFI controller is detected/connected at startup it should automatically work.. haven't tested many MFI controllers tho, only got one madcatz which works fine.

will think about stuff mentioned, but thing with controls is that if I ask 10 different people on feedback, I get probably 10 different answers and idea's on how it would work better :) can't get it right for everyone :(

8. orangepascal

nope, unless you want your achievements to upload to gamecenter

9. orangepascal

not a rogue-like in that sense.. altho every game you start will always be different, but the game has a story+ending and automatic checkpoint-saving when you leave buildings (so you can always reload and try from there)

10. orangepascal

looking into the tap-issues, haven't had those on my ipad 2.. but if people could include some details on which i-device and iOS I might be able to find fixes faster!

11. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    If the dialogues won't go away, tap on the bottom left side of your screen.

It looks like some dialogues have to be "exited" by tapping on the bottom left of the screen. Many of them don't show the "dismiss" icon though. Give it a try.

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    iPhone 7 256GB - latest os

Thanks

13. RisingOne

RisingOne Member

Jan 10, 2014
    If the game has an ending, how long does it take to complete it?

14. orangepascal

Depends on how you play it:

If you know what to do, and how to best survive, and purely go for completing the story-missions.. you can probably complete it within an hour (not something I've been able to do tho).

however, the story missions are just a 40% part of completing the full game. There are a lot of extra buildings to visit, secret items to find and stuff to do with those items. Secret hot-spots, etc, etc..

And then it's of course fully re-playable, as the game is randomly generated with regards to placement of buildings, enemies, items, etc.

Oh and there's a secret ending that only takes a few minutes :p

15. orangepascal

have an example of a dialogue that won't go away?

Some dialogues require you to make an option, so there might be 1 or 2 options showing on the screen, and the bottom-left is then a "select" tap. Just wondering if that's not clear enough, or if there's an actual bug :)

16. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I’m on a 6S+ with iOS 11.1.2.

17. Lurchroboter

Lurchroboter Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2016
    iPhone 7plus, iOS 11.2. thanks for trying to help!

18. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I only played a few minutes, and have not encountered any choices yet. If the NPC you're talking to has several lines of dialogue, its like the last line will not go away unless you tap to the left. (even though it says tap on the bottom center)

19. orangepascal

ok, haven't noticed it.. most likely cause I always tap on the left! ;)
    also found an issue with crafting (as somebody mentioned) so that will also be fixed

20. atalkinghamsandwich

atalkinghamsandwich Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    I’m having these similar issues,
    But before that I want to say thanks for making this great game, Pascal. It’s super fun, and I think if you want to invest some more time into it, this is going to be a classic. Big into the OrangePixel.

First off, if it’s easy enough, let’s get rid of chit and chat. It makes the whole world feel unfinished, and this could be corrected with a few just witty banter things, like:

“Is it dessert or desert? I still don’t know.”
    “Do you think this food has GMO’s?”
    “I can’t believe I wore long pants today”
    “I feel like I see a rocket launcher EVERYDAY.”
    “I don’t like worm burgers. Too sandy.”
    “Inside, we’re all spooky skeletons”
    “See you tomorrow in 46 seconds!”

Otherwise, about the controls. Why not floaters or something. For my taste, if every game felt like space marshals I’d be happy.

There are more than a few frustrating elements in playing this otherwise enjoyable awesomeness, but I think some tweaks’ll kick it into gear.