Universal Asgard Run (by Ayopa Games LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JohnnyCoghlan, Oct 21, 2015.

1. JohnnyCoghlan

JohnnyCoghlan Well-Known Member

Hey all - we have some promo codes for the launch version of Asgard Run as it has been approved ready for global release this Thursday! We have a few spare to give away, so let us know if you would like to receive one here and why. We will send codes over to you deserving supporting folks depending upon availability!

2. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    "Multiple upgradable characters, combat with dynamic enemies, control over rotating environment, mythological setting"

This stolen quote brings my thoughts exactly on the table. Specially the rotating and mythological setting sounds very intriguing to me.
    I'm away for a few days without wifi for an instant download, over MB 100.
    So, if you still have an early code please, thanks in advance.

3. dbuser38

dbuser38 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Hi,
    I wish one promo code, bevsuse i 'm ab huge fan of endless runners and your game seems to have all to be the best in the genre#
    Would be nice when you give me one promo code #

4. JohnnyCoghlan

We sent you a promo code Qwertz555. Enjoy the game and post your thoughts here when you have played it! :)

5. JohnnyCoghlan

Sent to you dbuser38, enjoy and please post your thoughts and opinions here when you've played it!

6. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #26 Qwertz555, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
    Thank you very much!

I found some slow 15 minutes for a quick dive...polished presentation, great looking characters (though no idea when or how to unlock them yet), top irish soundtrack, responsive controls and a super quick revive-skip and replay possible. Thanks.
    Oh, also to both volume sliders for the music and sfx.
    No social crap in your face, You choose to watch a video, usual consumables iap only, again NO restorable coin/soul gems doubler and a possible pay to win leaderboard (how many revives are possible?).

If the game speeds up the further i go, my motion sickness might hinder me to enjoy the game too much, unfortunately.

This installed MB 176 runner isn't the easiest walk in the park and therefor definitely worth a try, no doubt.

Edit: found Astrid in a chest (right? happened too quickly) and i also tried the revives out: 1/2/4/8...i stopped after 4. So it looks to be pay to win, while very quick reflex skills are needed to progress further, of course.

Edit:
    Lots of gaming time during travel by train...

Way, way more different dying phrases are needed, please. (Playing as Astrid mostly)

I'm stuck on a mission "collect 4 silver chests".
    Wether collecting them ingame nor buying in the shop cleared this mission...bug?

The relative early received mission "perform 2 killing sprees in one run" seems to be for either very lucky or very skilled players...or use a lot of continues.

To be fair and clear; you earn plenty of consumables items through playing. Lots of playing of course. I'll drop a few bucks as a thanks, even if it's only on those bloody consumables.

Imho, a very well and right done f2p title.

7. JohnnyCoghlan

Awesome thanks Qwertz555, the developers are reading/listening and will take your comments on board. Glad you enjoyed it!

8. JohnnyCoghlan

9. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Does the game have cloud save support? None of the IAP is restorable and I cannot find any cloud save settings.

Billy

10. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    #30 sink_or_swim, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    I only played about 20 minutes and I'm having lots of fun with the game. Defintively one of the better endless runners!

11. heretique

heretique Member

Oct 22, 2015
    The game doesn't have iCloud support yet, but it is planned for the next update. We're already working on that. That will allow the progress to be persistent. We also plan to add restorable purchases like coin doubler.

12. heretique

heretique Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Thanks, that means a lot. We are also working on improving the experience in the next few updates.

13. Xyth

Xyth Member

Sep 17, 2010
    I have a mission to perform 5 ultra kills, but I have no idea what that is. Any idea?

Also there needs to be a way to track how close we are to unlocking new characters. I keep picking up tokens and have unlocked Astrid but I have no idea how many I need for the next guy.

14. Cool Game

I like the style and you guys make it look different from the other runner-ish games! :)
    Hope to see more updates soon ;)

15. heretique

heretique Member

Oct 22, 2015
    In the main screen if you rotate the character roster to a character that is locked and press on the "Gear" menu you will see how many tokens you have and how much do you need for each character. The last one, Freja, is a vanity character and is unlockable with soulgems only.

16. heretique

heretique Member

Oct 22, 2015
    @Xyth When killing enemies, if you kill them fast one after another you get, double, triple, ultra kill and lastly killing spree by killing 2, 3, 4, 4+ enemies in a fast succession. Ultrakill and Killing Spree is pretty hard to achieve because you have to run longer. That many enemies in succession come onaly after a few minutes of running.
    But you can always skip harder missions with soulgems. Just go to mission tab and tap on a mission. You will be able to skip them

17. heretique

heretique Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Thank you for the kind words. We are working hard on delivering new content and polishing the experience. Stay tuned, especially for Xmas season ;)

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Excellent. I will absolutely purchase restorable iap. If there is cloud saves I might purchase a consumable. It depends. I do like the game. I look forward to the update then! I'll revisit purchases at that time :)

Billy

19. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    glad to hear that, hope you guys would also made it on the apple tv and optimise for the iPad pro and support it with 3D touch

20. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Any idea on the time frame for the IAP additions/changes and cloud save support?

I want to spend some money in your game :)

Billy